Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 88 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on May 2, 2014
I am planning on pursuing a career in Chemistry and this text will stay on my shelf when I need it in the field. So many example calculations, practice problems, excel demonstrations, and easy to follow procedures for sample preparations, calibration, experiments, spreadsheets, etc. This book basically went over everything you need to know to be successful in the field of Chemistry and provided a different perspective about what Chemistry is really about. I would recommend this to any professor and student. The only problem I had with the loose-leaf is the pages easily ripped if I was not careful, otherwise it held up pretty well in a 3 inch binder. I would have this book in a 5-6 inch binder since this course had a demanding course workload if you are a student planning on buying this cheap alternative.
on March 24, 2017
The book was excellent quality and got here quickly-- my 3 star has nothing to do with the amazon seller but has to do with the information and readability of the book. It's okay-ish but I've been supplementing it with a couple of other books including Skoog as well as videos online.
on December 15, 2015
This book was incredibly difficult to read and was of little use to me in analytical chemistry. The author does a poor job of explaining certain ideas in the book and completely skips doing examples at certain points, leaving much uncertainty as to how the answer was derived. Chapters are split up in ways that make little sense. For example, titration should be covered in a single chapter, but it is instead split up between several chapters in this book. Hopefully they fix these issues in the new edition.
on January 19, 2016
I used this book for my gen chem class at Berkeley. It gets the job done. I wouldn't say it's a fun read or anything, but it lays it out pretty straightforward how to calculate errors depending on what method you use, basic principles of how various instruments work, etc. Definitely recommend getting the loose-leaf edition though since I don't see this as a book most people are gonna want to keep as an important reference, unless they KNOW they want to get into analytical chem.
on January 28, 2014
This is by far one of the greatest textbooks I have read in college. For class we pretty much did every chapter, minus a few. This is written in an amazingly clear manner and makes it easier to learn. The in chapter examples are great to practice before doing the end of chapter problems. There is a little quote in the front of the book from the author stating that he hopes this helps all the students who use it. I find that the author actually meant what he said and worked very hard to help the students,and I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to learn chemistry.
on December 30, 2015
I'm almost done with my chemistry degree and this is my favorite chemistry textbook ever. Not only are Harris' explanations very clear and succinct, he's also delightfully funny. So many science textbooks are dull but this one is engaging and even enjoyable to read. It also provides some great review of general chemistry concepts. Overall, I think this is a textbook all chemistry majors should have--and keep for reference!
on December 24, 2013
I had the opportunity to borrow this book, since nearly every chemist I've met owns a copy, but when I saw that it was one of the few texts on nearly everyone's shelf in industry (during my co-op), I decided I need my own copy. I don't find it easy to understand - my A in the class is more of a testament to the excellent teacher than to this text. And DEFINITELY do yourself the favor of buying the solutions manual if you intend to wrestle with these problems. It saved a little of my sanity.
on October 6, 2016
OK good. Seller sent goods but difference to introduce. But Seller accept my claims and price adjust.
It is good and make satisfied.
Thanks
on September 3, 2013
The information contained in the book is very good & well written. I'm just not that keen on the loose-leaf (this was the first one I've purchased). The paper was decent, but I'm glad I took the time to put the reinforcement stickers on the holes because the paper would probably be torn before the semester was over. The problem with putting the stickers on was that it doubled the thickness for the book. The plus was that if I needed to read a chapter or 2, I could take them out & only have to carry what I needed.
on January 11, 2017
as a biology student being forced to take a chemistry class i hated this book but it did come in decent quality and arrived in a timely manner so you take some you lose some