Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on November 9, 2010
As a Children's Pastor, I will carry a kid's Bible to church occasionally so I can give parents my opinion on a particular version. I used the older version of the children's ESV for a while but was so excited when I saw this Seek and Find version. I instantly fell in love with the illustrations because they are kid friendly but realistic. The character profiles are a great idea because so many times a child will hear someone's name mentioned but forget which story that person belongs to and the character profiles have pictures and a brief reminder of who they are. There is also an overview before each book of the Bible that gives all the basic info for that book. Another favorite feature is the "seek & find" at the end of Bible stories, where they ask 3 key questions to encourage kids to think about the personal application of the verses. I know parents & kids will both love this Bible!
on January 3, 2016
Best children's Bible I have ever invested in! I have a 3 and 4 year old that we read to every day! Many children's Bibles include 30-50 stories, this one has 150 stories and are placed into the actual passage in which they are found. My kids know when I am reading them a story that it comes from the Word of God, not just another one of their story books! They are becomi9ng enamored with the Bible as they see that it is for them, not just for moms and dads that can read really well, but for them as well! The stories are only 1-2 pages long, each with their own large picture, set of questions, and passage. The questions are a bit difficult for my children, but they are young, and we just ask our own questions. But this is a Bible they can grow with and I am excited to see how it will live in their lives!
on June 14, 2014
I have a 4 year old daughter and we have been reading the Bible to her daily since she was born, with picture Bible's for toddlers, and then the step up to the longer stories, with pictures. We had read these numerous times and started thinking she was ready to have her own 'real' Bible, so the search began!! I read and read reviews. Finally, I chose this Bible due to #1 the prior reviews read, and #2 because our church uses the ESV, and it seems like most kid Bible's are NIV. This Bible is full of information!!!! Sometimes, it may be on the edge of being overwhelming, due to the layout, but I would still recommend it. There is a brief 2 page Bible store that goes along with the scriptures throughout the Bible. So, we will read the story and discuss it one night, then the next night read the scriptures and discuss it. It also has activities and so much more included. I haven't had the time to sit down and figure out all the extras yet, but we are enjoying having the actual scriptures and stories to go hand and hand, to help introduce our little one to her first 'big kid' Bible. It is one that we will be able to use for several year, as well, before needing to change.
My then four year old wanted a "real" Bible for her birthday. She wanted one like Daddy and Mummy's; one with words and no pictures. We opted for this one because it did have pictures but it wasn't babyish. It has short-stories of people in the Bible as well as the real Bible word for word. We like the ESV. We use my daughter's Bible for our family devotion time, and then it also gives her the opportunity to flip through and look at the pictures and learn about the different people this way as well. We are very pleased with our purchase and her love of God's Word already.
on July 7, 2015
We've used this Bible regularly with our son since we gave it to him when he was 2 1/2 years old; he's over 3 now and has only grown more enthusiastic about it. I love this one because it's not abridged, is the easy-to-read and accurate ESV, has numerous beautiful illustrations for different stories, and includes excellent condensed versions of many stories tucked into almost every book of the Bible alongside the actual Scripture with other helps. As we've tried to cover the narrative of the Bible as a whole, we ran into a common problem with all of the small (incomplete/abridged) children's Bibles not having all of the verses and stories we want to read with our children. This Bible has been great to use, especially since I want to spare the more thin/fragile pages of my Study Bible from children's hands. The great illustrations are included with most of the more famous Bible stories, and it's been so helpful in appealing to the visual nature of young children. I'd totally buy this Bible again as a gift and highly recommend it.
on July 9, 2016
Bought for my first grader, who needed an ESV Bible for school. This one is great for kids with maps and illustrations. And it survived the first year in her desk pretty well. I am going to put a cover on it for the next few years, just to make sure it survives through 4th grade.
on August 14, 2015
My daughter is six and absolutely loves this bible. She is reading is all the time on her own! The pictures are great, the summarized stories are decent enough for her reading level, and it's beautiful. We were able to get her name engraved in the front at a local Christian book store. One page has already ripped out unfortunately, and I assume it won't be the last because she is young and hasn't learned how to deal with the delicate pages. But she is very happy with this bible.
on May 27, 2012
It's the whole ESV bible, but embedded within the books are relevant stories written simply enough for a 5 year old to "understand" but accrately enough for adult readers to appreciate. Each story is accompanied by a beautiful, rich illustration. At the end of the story, there is a text box called "Seek and Find" which tells readers where to find the whole story in the bible, the key bible verse and its reference, three key questions, and related bible readings if you want to learn even more. At the beginning of each book, there's a wealth of information including the author, date, key people, purpose, central themes, memory verses, and a 1/2 page introduction to the book.

This bible far exceeded my expectations and I wouldn't hesitate giving it as a gift for any age. I wouldn't mind using it to replace my "grown up" bible. The only thing I don't love is the quality of the purple cover. It feels nice and supple, but it's too soft/flexible. I worry that it won't protect the book like a tougher cover would -- time will tell. I would recommend this bible without hesitation.
on December 5, 2010
English Standard Version (ESV) is one of the best transalations from Hebrew (OT) and Greek (NT) into English. It has the best of two worlds: it keeps a very faithful translation (very literal) but at the same time it writes in elegant and easy to understand English grammar. Regarding this particular edition of "Seek and Find Bible" the editors have inserted some short Q&A's of 3 basic questions on selected passages so you can read to your children and then you can ask those questions to make sure they are understanding the key message in the passage. Although I am not a fan of Bibles including pictures, we must acknowledge that some appropiate pictures are very useful and apealing to children with you are trying to a Bible story to this audience. As a feedback to the editors I would avoid any graphical representation of Jesus Christ, and this Bible have those, so you need to deal with your kids to understand that this is not a "photo" but an artistic representation of the characters in the Bible. I bought this Bible for a 6 year old child who can read very well and she wanted "a real Bible" instead of a book of Bible stories. I had tried before with another Bible with a nice (pink leather) cover and she didn't want to read that one because of the font size. This ESV Seek and Find Bible has a good font size for children and adults, and the combination of challenging questions, key verses identification, story summaries, and of course, the fact that the ESV translation is so accurate and easy to read at the same time, it gives you an excellent Bible for young children and even parents who need some help to have a great family time together reading the Word of God.
on November 19, 2013
I love this Bible because it is full of really nice pictures and you can read Bible verses with no problem, because there are pictures that show you were to find the stories in the regular Bible.

The cover is really nice because it feels soft. It's tough and won't rip.

From Mom, offers the full ESV Bible with devotional helps but minus the sometimes fundamentalist notes found in other ESV Bibles. It allows my son to explore the Bible for himself without being told theologically controversial things like literal 7 Day Creation and women should never be church letters, etc. . He really likes it.

Comments by my 8-year-old son.