Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on October 31, 2014
required text for vet tech pharmacology. as a bsn i find the presentation wordy and overly focused on the on the biochem and not enough on the physiological effects and side effects or even normal doses which is what will keep an animal from being overdosed. it also has this annyoing pattern of giving the description of the drugs first then naming them at the end which makes it difficult for someone who has never had exposure to remember them. the questions at the end of the chapter are frequently difficult and require a synthesis of knowledge not provided in the text. the cd that comes with it as a study aid is so basic it's not worth the time. i was really disappointed because i liked the terminology textbook. i ended up buying 2 other pharmacology /anesthesia textbooks which are better organized and not boring to read.
on November 7, 2013
A great all-round book that is useful for any pre-vet student or vet tech. The straight-forward, but useful, system by system approach is useful and years later, I find myself still using this book as a reference and anatomy/physiology refresher.
on December 2, 2016
Honestly, my instructor didn't even have us open this "required" text, but it seems quality from what I've looked at. Good refrench once in practice maybe
on February 14, 2014
I had to get this for school so not much to really like about it but it's served its purpose in helping me learn the material taught in class. I like how there are a lot of pictures that help me better understand the concepts.
on June 22, 2016
The Kindle version does not come with supplemental instruction, like the cd-rom that accompanies the paper text, so I'm missing out on the practice calculations and exercises that could help.
on October 12, 2014
Great book, but a pain in the butt if you have windows 8.1. This textbook choses not to be carried on Windows 8.1. You need to ALSO carry an ipad, or other reader with you to read it. Not easy for students.
on November 6, 2014
Very similar to an early hard copy edition. Very happy that I could follow both e-book and hard copy together. This is a good intro into pharmacology for vet techs.
on March 25, 2016
I like it enough. It's helping me learn material but sometimes I feel like I'm reading an anatomy book. The illustrations can be helpful.
on March 15, 2014
has all the information needed. goes very in depth. breaks everything down by systems. and has great diagrams. wish it came in a pocket size
on September 21, 2016