Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on October 11, 2015
This book is not made for kindle and is very difficult to read. I have spend many hours trying to figure out how I can get my money back on this VERY EXPENSIVE book that is unreadable. The book appears as a tiny square in the middle of the screen (it doesn't even cover the entire screen) and you can't change the font. You have to enlarge it by stretching with your two fingers, then move the page side to side and up and down to read. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! I am extremely unsatisfied.
on March 1, 2012
You'll get those people who claim little changes in the beauty industry and they're all in the dark!!!
This text is great and up to date, which I believe they should be no more than 1-2 years old when they're being used to train new Techs (or anyone in the beauty industry).

This text is worth the price and will certainly be a wonderful reference guide to look back on time and again.

With that being said, if you're not a nail tech student but simply love doing nails and want to learn more, this book is for you as well!! Milady is a leader in the beauty industry/education field for a reason.
on January 6, 2014
Can we say "editor"? This book should have an editor is all I have to say. The workbook that accompanies this textbook is so bad we won't even use it any longer. I make lots of mistakes, but I don't try to sell them as "textbook" material! How frustrating as a teacher to have nothing better than this version of Milady's to teach from.
on October 9, 2013
It's the real deal
on February 25, 2013
I went to Nail Tech school years ago and never renewed my license, I decided 10 years later to go back and get it, this book was very thorough in preparing me!
on June 28, 2013
This book is a high quality purchase with glossy photos and expertly written information. It is complete, up to date and accurate on all the latest nail trends and health requirements for the nail salon. It is an excellent source for anyone interested in studying Nail Technology. The seller shipped quickly and the book arrived in excellent condition. I am very satisfied with this purchase!
on March 14, 2013
This book is great for school. I would like the book to go more into details for state exams. Different states have rules on things you cant use, would like a book that goes with each state. This book covers all the basics. I also got this book within 3 days with standard shipping
on November 26, 2012
Needed this for my nail exam in my state , this one was newer than the one they required, I bought it anyway for the extra section on gel and nail artistry, glad I did, I keep it as a reference now.
on November 6, 2012
This text is used by my local community college. I am so pleased with this text and found it for a good price through Amazon.com. The book is well written and illustrated. It is very useful and integrates many aspects of the cosmetic community today.
on August 25, 2015
This is a helpful book when it comes to nail technicians trying to learn the basics of nail technology, most of what the book informs you of is precautions, rules, procedures, chemistry, anatomy of the human body and nails. It also contains answers that will prepare you for your nail tech license, I'd say this was a well worth purchase, most nail tech courses require all students have this book, so before joining any beauty school you should already have this book at hand. The only con was that the books pages were already falling out due to continuous reading.