Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on January 29, 2013
Having been out of the interviewing game for over 3 years now, when it came time for me to make a career move, I was clueless as where to start, what to do, who to talk to, etc. This book was recommended to me by a good friend and I have not been disappointed!

This book does a great job of discussing the who, what, where, when and why's of interviewing and gives you perspectives from not only the interviewee but also the interviewer, which is something I've never considered before - "What is this person expecting of me/what are they thinking of me right now?" Now that I have more insight into things like this, I feel like I'll be more prepared when the big day comes.

I kind of hopped around the book a little, based on which categories of job-searching/interviewing I needed to brush up on first. But this book, hands down, is the best tool I've come across in my search for a new career. Covers everything from what to say to what to wear to follow-ups and more. I highly recommend this book!
on February 7, 2013
I had borrowed the 2012 version from the library and loved it so much decided to purchase a copy. When I saw the 2013 version was actually cheaper than 2012, I bought it. It arrived exactly as described and I have already had 2 interviews. Must have book for any job seekers; highly recommended!
on October 3, 2015
Excellent resource that allows you to prepare for interviews from several perspectives, and approaches to take to network into meeting decision makers. See also Never Eat Alone, a very good networking book.
on May 27, 2016
Gave his book to my favorite Millennial who, three years later, is still using its good advice to climb up through better and better jobs.
on October 1, 2013
I have been using this book since 1990. Every great job I ever got was due, in part, to the info in this book. If you are looking for work, or to change jobs, you must have this book.
on April 11, 2016
Husband purchased. Liked it.
on January 13, 2013
I have used this each time I have started interviewing when thinking about a job change. Interview questions take a lot of the worry out of interviews since you come prepared with answers. I buy this for everyone I know that is looking for a job.
on May 10, 2013
This book has helped me get my current job and prepared me for others. I find most employers also have read the book for they ask the interview questions. Great led up.
on April 28, 2013
i have found great knowledge from the material in this book, it works great for interviews and resume writing. a person really needs to persue purchasing this item, if they are looking to better their carreer opportunities.
on February 15, 2014
This helped me immensely in formatting my cover letters, so the potential employer can see at a glance exactly how my qualifications match up with their desired criteria.