Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 28, 2013
Everyone loves Dubin. Great book, no doubt and as a PA student I found it very useful in helping me understand the basics of ECG Interpretation. However, every single text I find falls short of providing adequate practice with succinct and precise explanations of each rhythm strip and variations of each. Learning how things look in a perfect world is good to know, but seeing how it presents in multiple different ways is what you're going to need to learn to interpret in real life. As a PA student, I have finally found the book that put me at ease and makes me feel confident about reading ECG Rhythm during clinicals. I thought a book like this did not exist. Well it does. I suggest you get this book and a copy of Dubin, go over this one in more depth for rhythm and Dubin for axis, etc and you will be golden. This book is #1 gold to me and I know for a fact it would be #1 for many students like myself.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
on July 18, 2017
You can buy a million books but if you want one that will test your knowledge and really give you samples to interpret there is no greater book than this one .... hands down the best investment I made .... needed to learn to interpret ekgs consistently for work ( I'm a telemetry monitor) and this book was amazing to utilize for my end goal
on January 23, 2011
I couldn't imagine a better way to learn ECG strips. This book begins each section with lecture information, very concise and very easy to understand. This book is intended for someone with some understanding of the heart and its conduction system already. Throughout the brief lecture material there are several examples of strips, followed by several practice strips. I found huge improvements in my measurements as I went through the workbook and did the exercises again, covering the answers. You can't learn how to do this just by reading, the workbook aspect is necessary and really effective. (I suggest using calipers considering the amount of time needed meticulously measuring to really gain the benefits of this workbook).

This has really helped me learn so much more than I could have alone. I did a clinical rotation on a telemetry unit and based on my nursing school experience could only determine HR and if it was sinus rhythm. I used this book to prepare for an externship that I had on a telemetry unit and am now preparing for my residency in the ICU- this is perfect. I feel adequate and capable next to the RNs, even though I have not taken a certification course, or anything beyond the basics. It would not have been possible without this book.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on April 24, 2015
Great for drilling with so many practice rhythm strips. It was perfect for learning rhythms and the charts at the end of the chapters were really helpful as a reference. Only issue was there were strips labeled as paroxysmal atrial tachycardia(PAT) where you couldn't see the beginning or the end of the tachycardia so we don't actually know it is PAT. If you can take those little inconsistencies in stride (as well as a few other differences compared to other course material, but that could have been professor preference), it is excellent practice for learning rhythms and measuring with calipers!
on March 29, 2017
Good amount of exercise sheets to practice.
on August 20, 2017
Purchased for school
on April 8, 2017
I was required to purchase this book for an EKG class and I just don't feel that it was a very beneficial book. The information was not easily explained as it is in other books.
on December 2, 2014
My ECG instructor said this is the best book out there. She's been a nurse for 40 years. I read it through week by week and practiced all the strips. It really is a thorough and easy book to understand. I had rented the book through the school and wanted it for my book collection. I bought it new, here on Amazon. I wanted to make sure the flash cards (of different rhythms) in the back of the book were mine to keep since in my rented book there were already ripped out.
on March 1, 2014
Positives: If you're new to ECG and looking for practice questions, this book has a ton. It's especially nice because they aren't all 'perfect' - you have to think about them. Some are combinations of multiple rhythms, as you will find in real life.
Neutral: The text can be wordy and detailed - some people will love this, others will be wishing for bullet points.
Negatives: The answer key is occasionally wrong. It's not often, but enough to make you question if you're wrong or the book after a bit of practice.
on April 24, 2015
Thorough clinical information, great strips for practicing. Only downside is the downloaded version does not have clear strips compared to the book version. Looked at the strips on my tablet and laptop, blurred like a paper copied several times. The content of the book is great!
2 helpful votes