Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 20, 2014
Bravo! This short story novel about rescued dogs that often wind up rescuing their owners is such a delightful read. It takes no time at all to consume this delightful confection but I doubt one can complete it without crying once, if not continuously, throughout the book. It spoke to me in so many ways and really made me appreciate the two dogs we are now given to guide us through this life. There have been others before and there will hopefully be more to come because I can't imagine life without a dog in it.

Jennifer Skiff does a great job of putting stories and photos together into their respective storyline. It really helps to have the pictures as it makes the stories come alive. This is a must read for all dog lovers--it will help keep us humane; live in the moment; forgive and forget; and enjoy every moment that you are given in this lifetime. Thank you Jennifer for reminding me how precious my dogs really are. Of course, there was the one special guy that saw me through some tough times and taught me to laugh and love again--thank you Gus--you are never far from my heart.
on December 24, 2012
I thought I was the only one who had the sense that the dog in our lives is a creature beyond what I take for granted. These stories open a window into the amazing aspects of these dogs in so many ways: the healers, the companions, the helpers, the friends. All of these stories are short enough to be read in one sitting, but all present a different aspect of dogs that surpass our expectations. This is a good choice for the Kindle, given that the short stories lend themselves to being read in one sitting.

If you are a real dog person, you might also be interested in Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog which is an unusual take on one man's ways of communicating with his dog.
on December 31, 2012
"They may be the purest example of divine love in an earthly soul many of us ever experience. If we take their lead, open our hearts, and embrace their love, we may just find our own journey a lot more enlightening."

This book is a collection of dog stories from people of all walks of life. I felt such a camaraderie with all the people featured in this book; fellow dog lovers, many of whom never intended to even have a dog. But you don't have to be a dog lover to appreciate the stories in this book. It is so much more than a collection of dog stories. It is the celebration of the human spirit, as well. The author expresses so well what I know many of us dog lovers feel:

"Like many people, I've always been able to count on a dog. I've never truly felt the same way about people. I know I'm not alone, and I don't look at this as a bad thing. I think it's okay. We all have trials in life. It's what we learn from them that matters. I've learned never to underestimate the ability of a dog to provide comfort where a person can't."

What's striking about these stories is how many of the dogs featured were rescues; rescued from abuse and neglect. What's more striking, is that each story illustrates that it wasn't just the dog that was rescued; it was the human who was rescued, as well. Their lives were changed forever from knowing a particular dog.

Of course I boo-hooed thru it. It is not just the stories that Jennifer Skiff collected but her OWN story that makes this such a compelling book. Her writing has such a clarity & flow to it and her story is heart-breaking & heart warming all at the same time. Healing happens when we tell our stories. It also happens for the people reading them. Her book is a book of healing and hope, not just for dog lovers, but for anyone who has suffered abuse. It's divinely inspired.

This book will have you appreciating your own 4-legged loved ones that much more. I had so many sweet memories of my others dogs come flooding back as I read each of these powerful stories. If you love dogs, you will find yourself reaching for the tissues. Don't let that deter you because you will also laugh and celebrate and have your faith in humanity restored by reading these stories. I can't say enough good things about this book. It is sure to become a classic!
on September 6, 2017
Really a terrific book - story after story grabbs you with the wonder of the actual divinity of dogs. Please publish some more on this subject because it's given me many hours of enjoyment. I have had many years enjoying my own dogs but they turned out to be rather ordinary pets when compared with these heros. Thanks!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 9, 2013
It took me a long time to get through this book. It is not a page turner. It is a book to be savored slowly. True Stories of Dogs sent into lives to help in time of need. Dogs who have been abandoned and mistreated and yet still show love so that one just feels that they were a part of the Divine and were sent into our lives to do His work. These stories will (should) touch your heart and make you realize just how much having a dog can enrich and yes even save your lives. Another reason it took me so long to read the book is because I could not get through two stories without a catch in my throat and a tear in my eye. My heart went out to the children and adults whose lives were touched by these four legged saints sent to help. I read it on my Kindle and thoroughly enjoyed it.
on December 12, 2017
This book is amazing... all of the stories are so touching. I have read many of these stories multiple times as a pick-me-up. This book shows just how amazing dogs are. If you are contemplating getting this book, get it. You will not regret getting it. An amazing read.
on February 27, 2014
I could not "get past" the loss of my best friend...he came into my life at the best time and when I most needed him. He left before he became infirm and he spared me having to make the ultimate choice. I've never cried so much in my life as I did reading this awesome book but I came through the other side healed and ready to accept the love of my next best friend.
This beautiful book is a testament to all who are so privileged as to share in the Divinity of Dogs.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves dogs, has loved dogs, or who wonders why people love dogs....
on December 13, 2012
I'm 80 years old and I can't tell you the last time I read a book. BUT my daughter gave me Jennifer's book, The Divinity of Dogs, and I read it from cover to cover in two days. I absolutely loved it! The stories were short and interesting. I was reminded again and again of the different dogs I have had throughout my life. Some of them I had completely forgotten about until reading this wonderful book. Don't know if I'll read any more books, but if I do, I don't think they could possibly be as good a read as The Divinity of Dogs! Is it too soon to hope for The Divinity of Dogs - Part II???

Sincerely
Thomas G. Baldwin
Owatonna, Minnesota USA
on July 29, 2015
Wonderful stories, each one a gem in and of itself. Most of these dogs are rescues and not only impact their owners in many positive ways but also help other people. Spent a lot of time with tears in my eyes, sometimes with happiness.
on May 13, 2017
Good stories about what we already know, dogs connect with us in ways we can never explain.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse