Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 349 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 386 reviews
on January 16, 2014
As a psychology major, had to order this book for an intro class and I must this provides a wonderful introduction to all basic topics of social psychology. It doesn't breeze over them either, it actually talks in an intellectual way in detail about each. You walk away from reading this with enough of an understanding to have a basic psychlogical conversation and with the hunger for more. I liked hte way the book was divided up becuase it worked in a very logical progression.
on June 16, 2016
I bought to use this upcoming year homeschooling my 9th grader. I haven't had a chance to read all of it yet, but I am halfway through with it -- so far, it is good. I think he will learn a lot and stay interested.
on April 17, 2013
This text is very well written and keeps my attention (most of the time) while reading information that might otherwise seem a little dry. The author sometimes throws in witty comments, or lame puns to keep the reader engaged. It usually works and will get a chuckle out of me or a groan, depending on how dry the joke was. I'm not sure if this was the author's intention, but it does help bring a human aspect to scientific words being thrown around and digested.
I enjoy Psychology, so I really enjoyed reading my assignments in this book. There are plenty of pictures, graphs, and side notes that help to further your knowledge about what you are reading. The vocab words with definitions are in the side bar of the pages upon which they appear in the text; I found this to be very helpful when I was running short on time and unable to read the text word for word. The summary pages at the end of each chapter were also a huge help with reviewing the chapter. Great textbook for the class!
on November 3, 2015
Hard cover book is very informative. I was required to purchase for a college course. This book was extremely sufficent to aid in my passing of the class. I would recommend to any General Psychology student or those interested in learning about psychology..
on March 6, 2016
Out of all my textbooks for university, this is one of three that I actually refused to sell back because I wanted to keep it. I have reread parts of it for fun and I often use it to explain things to my younger sisters. This book also helped me explain very sensitive subjects, such as cutting and anorexia, to the parents of younger family members who were struggling with these disorders. This book should not be used to replace a therapist or psychologist, but it does help you realize when you need to contact one. It helped me pass my class and assist some struggling family members, so this book was well worth the price. It also explained complex subjects at a level that was easy to understand.
on November 29, 2012
I hardly ever keep my textbooks, but if there is one I would consider keeping, it's this one. The formatting is wonderful, and the margins are lined with quotes related to the material in that section. I found Myers' writing style to be very informative and easy to understand, and he managed to make everything interesting. (To explain, I usually dislike the history of things like psychology because I find it boring, but Myers had me reading the history of psychology in earnest.)

If you have a choice of textbooks, I would recommend this one. It may not be the cheapest one out there, but it was very helpful, and it came with free access to online materials. The only con I can think of is that some of the boxes with examples of concepts were a little distracting, but that is something I could easily get past.
66 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2017
good condition for this price
on July 12, 2013
I didn't have a choice but to buy this textbook, I don't know why my professor picked it. The language is colloquial and the author goes on tangents, talking about something for a moment and then telling you that you're going to learn about what he's referring to much later in the book. The comics included on many of the pages don't make sense without their titles or what portion of the text they are relating to. If you're a professor, don't make your students hate their lives by using this textbook, if you are a student, I highly suggest you purchase a study guide to go with it.
on March 23, 2017
It'll work for class but not that good. Few nokes here and there make it alright.
on December 28, 2016
Very useful for my classes.