Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on February 14, 2016
An adorable companion to "Jenny and the Cat Club". Be advised, this book is only 1 story in length while the former mentioned is actually a collection of tales. I guess I should have read the description better. My 4 year old and I were disappointed to see that, especially having spent as much on it as "Jenny and the Cat Club". The story itself is as easy a read for a younger audience. Lovely language, the author gently guides you through this story as though many of the ideas presented are being explained for the very first time. (In most cases, this is true). My 3 and almost 5 year old boys love Jenny Lindsky.
on November 25, 2013
My 7 year old son and I loved the book the fire cat. Since Pickles the "fire cat" is in this book too I decided to get it. If you like the fire cat you will probably like this book too. Pickles isn't the main character in this book, but plays a major role. If you aren't familiar with Pickles he is actually a bully (the same way he starts off as a bully in the Fire Cat), but in the end with the help of some friends, Jenny (the main character) stands up for herself. I love the simple old drawings and use of words that don't get used much anymore. I believe this book was first published in 1947.
on August 3, 2017
The first Jenny Linsky book I ever read and it's still a favorite.
on July 9, 2015
There are some excellent examples in here of coping with new surroundings, bullying, etc. would be enjoyable and perhaps a good springboard for children just going off to school.
on April 13, 2009
My daughter (5) and I love Jenny. We have all the Jenny Linsky books except Moonlight Adventure. This book has Jenny meeting Pickles the Fire Cat before he had completely mended his ways(Pickles is the hero of The Fire Cat that is great for cat-loving boys and girls.) Jenny teaches him a thing or two by the end and they end up being best friends.

The price is a bit steep for the length of the book, but there are some cute illustrations that make up for the lack of length.
on January 19, 2008
We are purchasing this series one at a time for our daughter, who is also named Jenny. She is eating them up! The stories are simple and sweet, but include lots of old-fashioned adventure, just perfect for young kids. We own several titles now and I have not been disappointed by any of them. Charming illustrations and great stories makes for a perfect combination! I recommend this series highly. Probably up to a fourth grade reading level.
on May 12, 2016
Absolutely charming children's story. Simply delightful.
on March 15, 2013
For those who have somehow missed these books as children, it's never too late to start reading them to your own children and grandchildren! Early Readers love them!
on October 26, 2015
Old-fashioned children's book. Your child will love it!
on June 10, 2014
My son and I really enjoy these books. He's starting kindergarten in the fall, and is nervous. He enjoyied reading about another nervous student.