Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 145 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 180 reviews
on October 2, 2016
Loved this book. As a Muslim myself I loved reading things I had never heard growing up, and especially more from the perspective of a non Muslim. The writer did a lot of research and she cites all her sources. It's a great unbiased view of one of the most important men in history. Great story even for Muslims.
on September 5, 2013
I enjoyed reading this biography of the prophet Muhammad. While of necessity, 1500 years after the subject's death, it is partly fictionalized, it is also heavily documented and annotated. I felt that the fictionalized touches added a sense of reality to the text. It almost reads like a contemporary biography, and I mean that as a high compliment. I feel as if I have a good basic understanding of Muhammad's beginnings, his struggles during life, and the ways in which he formed the original version of Islam. Highly recommended.
on June 17, 2013
With today's headlines about Muslims I wondered about Islam and recognized I did not know much about Islam. This book gives an easy introduction into the beginnings of Islam. I liked it because after reading the book it provides the reader with an option to either go deeper into the subject or leave it as is.
on April 26, 2017
Hazelton is an excellent story teller. Reading it as a story, it is compelling and reminds me of the game of thrones for some reason. The story is factual and places you in the moment. Great book.
on January 29, 2017
Many crucial events were missing from the story and i find the analysis of the writer not always in cohesion with the facts. However it was a well written book and gives a general idea on the subject of Muhammad.
on September 23, 2013
The book first portion about the first 40 years of Prophet Muhammad's life is all well documented, is unique, and not described in such detail in the contemporary biographies in English by other authors. However, I felt that some of her own judgments and views about Prophet Muhammad's actions during his stay in Medina were not based on facts or research.
on December 4, 2016
Dived into the book and had to share, so far a must read. Author keeps a focused approach for learning about Muhammad.
on April 30, 2017
Love Lesley Hazleton. Love her books! When is she going to write about the latest Prophet?
on May 15, 2017
I recommend this book for all readers. A glimpse into the human that people would hide behind a curtain of the divine.
on January 15, 2017
Hazleton has really done us a great favour by giving us a true picture of the Messenger as a result of her intensive research..
I wish she could do the same on JESUS of Nazereth.