Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on December 30, 2011
I like this book as I'm not someone I would call a 'drawer' I simply don't do it. So when in my computer art class the instructor required his students to keep a sketchbook. I needes help on the simple basics. How to see, this book is perfect for that. I'd recommend it.
on September 12, 2017
This looks like a great book. I have a number of Claudia's books and she never disappoints.
on July 26, 2013
I have bought a large number of beginner art books and this is actually a nice one to add to the list of my favorites. It gives detail and advice,practice ideas and samples to reference too. As with most beginner art books it goes through the materials and different kinds of marks you can make to produce the image you are looking to get on paper. Its practical advice I would definitely take and even though I have dabbled off and on long enough to know all these tips I was still able to pick up fresh ones that stuck in my head.

One thing I did like about this book it has a small section on drawing styles. I have received a lot of books on this subject and only a few I can think of over 20 years bothered to talk about these different styles. It displayed them again in a easy way to reference too.

I recommend it for the beginner and intermediate artists.
on June 14, 2012
Because of the many well done images need enlarging, this book is better served if you view it on your PC. Step by step instructions are easy to follow and even if you don't take part in the art experience it is interesting to read and view.
on June 18, 2012
This book is full of helpful ideas and step-by-step methods for seeing a subject, whether it be plant, animal, or human, and how to translate what you are seeing to an image put down on paper. The practice suggestions are excellent. It always helps to have another set of ideas about drawing.
on June 1, 2014
I was so excited to run across this title, as it is so important to train our artist eye. It is a way too common overlooked aspect for beginners. This is a nice quality bound book that will hold up to lots of use. Sketches and text are both very well done. I found this a great resource to add to some of the basic drawing books for class use, and in our own home.
on June 17, 2015
This may actually help me learn to draw. Much better than the books that just want you to copy lines. I think I will actually learn from this book because seeing correctly is the most important thing to learn
on February 11, 2013
It's difficult to describe in words how to draw, but this book does it pretty well in terms of showing how you go to a rough sketch to a finished drawing. I have the Kindle version, and it would be easier to read in the paperback.
on December 2, 2016
Excellent drawing guide for beginners and anyone else wanting to perfect their drawing skills.
on February 10, 2016
Excellent book great for beginners and beyond, gives good information on all basic aspects of drawing. Clearly written and good teaching illustrations.