Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing & Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on January 10, 2013
This is an advanced nursing text book and being that it is very specific so this is not a review of its content. So much of that depends on a course instructor and the individual student's interest in the subject matter. My issue is with the fact that so many Kindle editions of text books do not have page numbers, this one included. Anyone working at any academic level is aware of the importance of page numbers in first, following along with course content and second, producing authentic citations. I am afraid that I am going to have to abort my great experiment into digital text books this semester and exchange this and several other texts for their paper counterparts.
on December 13, 2011
I had a hard time using this book for my papers and had to refer to a different book for most of my questions. This book would be great for people who have had an intro to research methods already, but if its been awhile or you are having trouble understanding the basics (such as theoretical/conceptual frameworks) then this book will not help you very much. It is easy to read and is full of the latest information.
on January 24, 2013
Nursing textbooks are typically dry and wordy. This one is different. The authors keep the subject interesting by using practical situations to illustrate EBP concepts. They make the subject easy to understand because they keep it simple. If you're looking for an EBP text that isn't overloaded with dreadful academia overspeak, try this one.
on April 5, 2013
I ordered this book for a class I was taking. Only after ordering did I realize that the page numbers cannot be viewed on my ipad. I contacted Amazon.com who stated I needed to contact the publisher...REALLY? So now I have a book that I cannot cite page numbers in APA format. What a waste!
on July 3, 2013
I absolutely despise this textbook. It is very repetitive and I believe it makes the subject overly complicated. The authors explain concepts in hundreds of words that could easily be explained in just a few. In addition, it reads as if much of the language is made up gibberish, as if the authors are inventing concepts and terminology to somehow elevate the material.
on September 22, 2010
This is a great book! It is written and laid out in easy format and packed with great information!
on April 1, 2014
The textbook is not difficult to read, but reading it on Kindle is difficult. There are no page numbers, there is no frame of reference. It can't be used to flip through to find desired information. Do yourself a favor; buy a used copy.
on February 18, 2013
I found this book easy to read. The authors made it easy to understand the complex ideas of utilizing evidence based practice in nursing and healthcare.
on February 26, 2012
I had to buy this book for a nursing class. Amazon offered it for an incredible price (less than half of what the bookstore wanted). As for the book itself, it is incredibly boring and hard to read. I'd give 5 stars to Amazon for price and quick shipping. The book itself isn't worth one star.
on January 31, 2014
Although I am just learning, objective approaches to interventions which incorporate patient needs will help to deliver better patient focused health care, hopefully with better outcomes and cost control.