Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Platform: PC/Mac Disc|Edition: English (American)|Change

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 203 reviews
on November 3, 2016
I hoped to find an a high level more professional, more interesting, maybe related a my career environment or more professional to help the people to prepare the TOEFL test, for example. But is not like that, to me is bored and simple.
The topics used are the same like other ELS program: To go to the grosery store, to buy something, to be in the restaurant, drive or ask for a direction etc etc.
Everybody can figure out this situation, in any way, I understant that half of the course be related with those topics, but, could be very interesting if the two last levels be in a preofesional environment, in a high level of conversation.
on July 18, 2015
Grandma has been using it a few times a week. Overall it worked much better than any other similar software we tried.
The speed on my HP laptop running Windows 8 is okay. Sometimes she had trouble opening the application, but for the most part it works fine.
The five levels of learning are decent. I'd say their "speaking judge" can be strict - many times she had trouble getting pass a screen because the computer just did not accept her pronunciation. Grandson who speaks perfect English also had trouble getting pass it. Oh well, there is always something to improve upon.
I'd way the price we paid is a bit on the high side, even though we bought it on sale. This package will get you started and teach you some very basic sentences and dialogues. Still nothing beats learning from the native speaker in the environment.
If you don't have better options, try this one.
on April 21, 2017
I like using the program for my students very much, but Rosetta Stone allows activation on only 2 computers even though they say 5 users can use and activate one program. I do not know anyone who is loaning their computer to anyone else so they can learn English or another language.
This program should be available for 5 downloads and activations so each person can use the program at their own leisure.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 5, 2012
Even though we were pleased with the content it is a nightmare if you want to switch to another computer, reinstall the software and continue from where you left. After some time we spent trying to figure it out how to deactivate the product and activate it on a new one, it worked fine for a few weeks but then we started getting warning screens asking for registration code and then when entered the famous minor error 8111 (as we later learned this happens frequently) and the levels we passed are all gone. We tried many times, asked for support, many weeks and months passed but no solution. We managed to continue using its online version on our ipad but then our time expired and we were asked to renew the online subscription but we were not willing to pay another considerable amount for just one year so we went back to the activation problem. Tried again, asked for support but no progress. Software updates also did not make any change. Anyway, I recommend that you buy this only if you are considering to install it on one computer and plan to finish the lessons as soon as possible. They should definitely change the way the software operates and protected.

EDIT: RS Product Support kindly approached and helped us to solve the problem. As we have guessed, it was not easy for ordinary users to solve the problem and by remotely accessing our computer, upon our permission, and with the touch of an expert hand the problem is solved and now everything seems to be back in order. Thanks to the support team.
on July 20, 2011
My 71 year old dad wanted this product because it is the same method the english academy he attended uses. To have the home system has given him the opportunity to go over the different levels untils he feels complete satisfied with them and he does that at his own speed. It was not easy for him to keep up with the speed of the other younger classmates.
he particularly likes the companion cds because he can listen to them often and get his ear used to understand english at the normal native speed people talk.
He is super happy with it and making lots of progress.
on August 3, 2013
I bought this product for my young kids. It is very useful for kids. It explains detaily and has fun. My children love this product. Also it delivers very quickly. I strongly recommend this product. If you want to improve your English, you should buy this.
on July 17, 2011
Had several problem with installation. The application kept on complaining that activation cannot be performed as internet connection is not available. However internet connection was available and I was chatting Rosettastone customer service representative. I got it activated through phone but after first level, it started to complain again that Activation needed. I had to get new activation id and spent several hours of my time to get issue resolved.

Overall the product is good so far. I will update more when I finish the course
on October 6, 2013
It's too basic, including the highest levels. I was expecting more complex and useful. I think that Roseta Stone should have levels like four and five better designed and more interesting.
on January 17, 2017
I have purchased this for a friend who is Arabic speaking and wants to learn English. They have very remedial English and I thought Rosetta Stone had great reviews so I bought this.

I am dissapointed in several aspects.

1.) they provide instructions in several languages but not in Arabic. So they were unable to install this by themselves. I had to install it for them.

2.) the installation process was confusing and consisted of downloads and cd rom. It took about 30 mins just to install completely.

3.) the speaker and microphone both work on the mac we were using but for some reason we are not able to get the software to recognize the built in microphone or the included headset microphone OR a third part headset with a microphone. The instructions on setting up audio weren't very helpful in troubleshooting either. So we are using it without a microphone for now.

4. The "headset" it's bey cheap and hard to stay on your ears and the microphone is like 2" long and doesn't fit well on your face. I would recommend purchasing or using separate headset.

5. Perhaps the most frustrating thing about the software is that the window it works in has a fixed height and is taller than my screen. So, not only is the bottom of the screen cut off below my viewport but I can't even reach the bottom corner to resize it smaller. My only option is "zoom". I will note that I have a 2013 13" MacBook Pro running the latest OS and my screen resolution is as high as I can set it.

I would only recommend getting this if you:
• speak enough English (or French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, German) to get it set up.
• you have plenty of time to spend setting it up.
• you use a better headset
• you use this on a larger laptop or desktop computer

Good luck!
on April 12, 2015
That's wonderful just what I expected!! However for IPAD, just one person is permitted free.
I expected free use IPAD app. for 5 my family members. But sadly it doesn't.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.