Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on January 16, 2016
This is the last edition of Lippincott's Drug guide book that organizes drugs based on their drug class (and then they decided to change their format)!!
The book is organized by systems not by their generic name or alphabetically such as anti hypertensives, hormonal, anti infectives, etc.
I love this book because it is quick and easy to use.
If I do not know the generic name of a drug, I can look it up by what the drug is suppose to do. Is this not amazing? Nursing student aid, CHECK!
on February 23, 2011
I'm discovering that having more than one drug book on hand for things like med cards and care plans is a must. You will not as easily get by with only one drug book and the online stuff it offers. That being said, this book is no exception. As the title says, this drug book is not all-encompassing of the knowledge you need for nursing school. However, the absolutely most invaluable tool that is included with this drug book in particular is an online resource called "construct-a-card" which allows you to create your own customized drug cards. AMAZING program!

This book is organized by drug class, not alphabetically by generic drug name, which I find tedious for looking up drugs since I usually have to look in the index first for the drug and then find the page. That helped it lose a star.

Another helpful reference I've found is the Physician's Desk Reference on supplements and over-the-counter drugs. Using the construct-a-card program and the PDR book, I could create "med cards" for supplements my patients are on. Terrific and knowledge-expanding resources!

Despite its drawbacks, I would buy this book again mostly for access to the med card program and as a supplement to my main drug book (Pearson's Nurses' Drug Guide 2010).
on February 28, 2011
This is pretty thorough medication information for patient teaching. It's also nice that they inform you of like sounding meds and common errors. In addition it's way more portable than the physicians desk reference. Further, it contains multiple tables for reference such as abbreviations, IV med compatability, common medical spanish phrases and others. It includes a computer disc so that you can load it all online if you want too. I've used it year after year and been pleased with it.
on October 15, 2010
Excellent condition for being in "used" condition - it looks new to me! Great seller with fast shipping! This book is needed for my medical assistant class - and from my economic perspective, as a full-time college student the price was very affordable....I sold personal items so I could shop this way (through Amazon) instead of buying against my student loan funds at the college bookstore for 2-1/2 times more for the cost of this book. Thank you for helping me to save money so I can pay my living expenses (like rent & utilities)!
on June 9, 2015
I understand this was the last year that meds were were listed by category, and not alphabetically; and that's why I chose this edition. I hope they return to this format in the future, as you can find meds listed alphabetically in the other drug books.. Love this book!!
on July 31, 2011
A very informative book. I am a soon-to-be LPN student and am trying to learn about meds before school starts. I like that the meds are divided into classes, with individual info on each med. Some of the info is confusing, but just regarding technical stuff ( like the half-life of the drug, etc..stuff that'll make sense in a year). It helps to have the drugs sectioned by purpose, and the index is there if you need to find a particular drug quickly.
I recommend this book to any med/ nursing student.
on August 26, 2012
I am a CMT (medication aide) so I needed this book for work. I have also ended up using it a few times at home to look up different things. Very useful!
on March 27, 2013
This series of nursing drug handbooks has always worked for me since my BSN in 1991. Probably if I had a smartphone or a PDA (or whatever people use these days), I'd get the digital version, but since I'm retired, I just keep a fairly current edition on hand. It's reasonably priced, not too large, and not too bogged down with details I don't care about.
on July 27, 2013
It was great for learning, especially the on-line help. The only problem was, that it only lasted for the 2011 year. Then I would need to by a new book, to continue to get the on-line help. But the book is still usable, and has the most common drugs used today.
I would recommend it, but get the latest edition.
on August 19, 2012
I use this drug book for every clinical rotation. It has just about every drug i have encountered during rotations and provides all necessary info; generic/brand names, dosage variations, applications, what it does and does not mix with, and warning signs of overdose. There is minimal difference between this edition and the 2012 edition. I would recommend this to a friend.