BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on February 8, 2015
This book has everything you need to understand for the reasons for you to fast, the benefits of a fast, and motivation to help put you in the right frame of mind to fast. it also teaches you how to fast, the different types of fasting, and how to fast safely
on July 26, 2015
I have my book numerous times, and let a friend it, but since I highlighted and took notes in mine, I bought this one for my friend. Pastor Jentezen Franklin is very insightful on this subject.
on October 23, 2014
This book is right on! I read this book after I had completed my first fast and his explanations shed light on things I had discovered along the way so that when I fasted again, I understood more clearly and could fast more intentionally.
on January 16, 2016
Wonderful book
on March 4, 2013
This book convicted me about the power of fasting. It encouraged me to fast for the very first time for 21 days when the year started and what a great jump start. This book helped me to press on and keep my focus on the Lord. What insights!!
on August 1, 2013
I purchased this book for my daughter who is currently a student in college. She told me that there is so much good and helpful information in this book; therefore, I would recommend.
on January 30, 2014
I started a 21 day fasting and God is really answering my petition : ) this book shows a person jow to stand against the devil during a fasting
on January 19, 2014
Aside from spelling errors and typos, this has encouraged me to fast. I'll start today. Thank you and God bless!
on December 2, 2012
Whenever I see Jentezen Franklin's name I immediately think of fasting and bringing in the New Year with fasting. It is my belief that this man of God has an anointing on his life, in part, to teach on fasting. I have no doubt he is also anointed for oh so much more but the subject of fasting is what I know him for.

The author has used many Biblical examples/testimonies for how those in that day fasted and the outcome. This is quite encouraging and inspiring.

Reading this book has encouraged me greatly but also exposed to me an area where I have been lacking in my spiritual walk/journey. It is apparent to me that I have back sliden in my busyness and have laid aside what used to be so much a part of my life..that being...fasting.

Jentezen Franklin teaches so much about fasting. I can see why this is called a "student edition." Although I am middle aged and a grandmother I am still a student at heart and always hope to remain teachable. As such I have gleaned much from this book.

I highly recommend this book book and I highly recommend reading this or other books on the subject of fasting for that matter, while you are partaking in a fast.

I also recommend that you keep a pen and journal handy for the Lord will surely bless and reward you while on your fast with many divine revelations and even direction in your life for the upcoming days.

I intend to add this book that Jentezen Franklin has written to my collection of other books on fasting. This one is by far the best I have read or own.

Good time of the year to have this good read ready for the coming New Year...to prepare to fast the New Year in...this giving these first days of the year to our Lord.

I have received this book for free in exchange for a free book review through the Charisma House book review program. I was not required to give a favorable review. Freely I have been given and freely I give.
on October 1, 2012
Do you want to supercharge your relationship with God, and make your spiritual life come alive? Then Jentezen Franklin's Fasting: Student edition is the book for you. With helpful, and biblical insights, Jentezen makes this book a spiritual (and physical) renovator. Fasting is often overlooked, or, more honestly, ignored. No one likes to even think about fasting, and only a small remnant care to actually do this sacred practice. Looking through scriptures, however, we are able to see the importance of fasting. Not as a way of dieting, not pharisaical tradition, but as a way to draw closer to God while denying your flesh.
I liked:
The personal stories. Jentezen Franklin did a great job of including his own personal stories within the book, and he also included examples to help whoever reads in.
The easy-to-read feel. Now, this is not an "I Can Read It" book, but it is certainly easier to read than any other book on fasting I have seen. A perfect gift for a high school graduate, college graduate, etc.
The shape and size. Now, this has nothing to do with the content, but the way the book was shaped and sized made me want to read it.
The biblical value. It really went back to scripture often, which is important to me.
I disliked:
Nothing. It was a great read.

Overall:
This was a great book, perfect for any student, young or not-so-young. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to revolutionize your walk with God.

This book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.