Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 29, 2016
I'm in love! I decided not to use any kind of paper curriculum with my homeschool kids until they are at least 7 unless they ask for it, however I still want to "teach" them and help them explore. The Little Hands series is great for for this approach. Engaging, simple and fun!
One person found this helpful
on September 27, 2015
Disappointed. I have the "science play!" book and that one has such great age appropriate ideas. Math play is really a waste of time in my opinion. While aga appropriate, its common sense stuff that your child probably does already. I'm giving this book away.
on August 13, 2015
Some cute ideas but they can be found at many free websites. I didn't take the time to do the research until the daughter I bought them for pointed this out to me. I sent this to my computer phobic daughter.
on September 23, 2015
I am a special education teacher and do centers every day for math. This book gave me some great new fresh ideas to use! There are a number of activities that are more meant for home use, but still can be adapted and used in some form. Very helpful resource for young kids or older learners still working on basic math skills.
on March 27, 2014
Lots of great ideas for activities that involve numbers! I'm so glad to have a book like this for rainy/snowy days...it's good to have a resource when we're stuck inside that helps prevent boredom.
on October 2, 2012
One can never have enough ideas on how to introduce Math and numbers at a young age and make it fun. We are still exploring this book. I purchased ours used and it was in pristine condition! I'll be adding many of the other selections from the Little Hands series to our library as well.
One person found this helpful
on October 14, 2009
I'm so impressed with all the activities in this book. I am not just picking and choosing activities to do with my preschool-aged daughter, we are pretty much doing every activity. And she is really learning to count. I love that all the activities are interactive and conversational. All areas of intelligence are included: science (count animal footprints or bird calls), interpersonal (find four ways we are alike), etc. All learning styles are also met: hands-on (make numbers from clay, make a counting wand...), auditory (includes some counting songs), and even olfactory (is that a learning style? Not sure, but this book has kids making scratch-and-sniff numbers using spices).
11 people found this helpful
on October 11, 2011
This book is really great for teachers who have limited experience in math instructions. Preschoolers do not just sit and learn numbers; they need to experiment with the concepts. This book lists many wonderful strategies to help us to design activities to help our preschoolers to develop a better understanding of numbers, colors, shapes, or anything related to mathematics!
2 people found this helpful
on September 8, 2015
they have really tried hard to create a book.. only handful games are feasible and entertaining and engaging!
on June 2, 2011
I teach special education preK. This book is invaluable. I kept borrowing from the public library but decided I needed to add it to my professional library. It is a great way to teach math that is developmentally appropriate as well as being fun.
4 people found this helpful