Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 961 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,145 reviews
on May 20, 2017
My wife and I love this movie. After all these years it still holds up for us. The blu ray seems a bit clearer with better sound than the standard DVD we owned, but not worth buying unless you love the movie or you don't have a standard DVD copy. The images are very clear. The color is excellent. The sound is vibrant. Garry Marshall always does great directing for these romantic comedies. There are no extras on this blu ray version. This blu ray DVD is not authored with "resume play" so each time you stop it, it starts over from the beginning. A bit irritating for those of us who are not able to watch this movie in one, uninterrupted sitting.
on October 21, 2016
I don't own many comedies on DVD, as repeated viewings rarely stay funny once you know the jokes or humor, (I own over 600 films on DVD), but this is one of my favorite comedies, mainly because the story is clever, and it manages to be "heartwarming", despite its sometimes slapstick scenes. Not sophisticated, but okay for families with children over about 9 whose parents are not offended by PG to marginally PG-13 films. One of the few comedies that most enjoy repeatedly, if not seen too often. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell seem to be having as much fun as the viewer is likely to have. If you haven't seen this, and enjoy mass audience films, this comedy is almost sure to satisfy.
on May 24, 2016
I've always loved this movie.
Comedy with a twist of karma & romance all wrapped into 1 movie.

A rich snob hires a carpenter (of course she has to snub his appearance) to "fix" her closet. Since nothing can appease her she complains about it & fails to follow through on the contract.
Well in a sudden change of circumstances after an accident, the carpenter decides to get paybacks. He brings her to his home, where he & his 4 boys moved to sometime after his wife passed away, where she believes the boys are her children & doing crazy household chores.

Watch the movie to see the comedy & romance unfold.
on April 22, 2017
This movie is still hilarious, even decades after its initial release. Great acting all around, and fun plot. Probably one of my favorite 80s comedies of all time, even better than Captain Ron!
on March 17, 2017
Great comedy I order it because my niece had never seen it. So one Saturday afternoon we watched it her being 28 never really knew who Kurt Russell is. I am 55 so I grew up with kurt Russell. In all the Disney movies.
on March 9, 2013
I really love this movie, but when I got the movie on blu ray, I was disappointed, the picture quality is really grainy, I am a tech buff and I have my Tv calibrated to the best picture, all my other movies don't have the grainy picture, I think they need to remaster the overboard blu ray to make the picture quality better.
on October 30, 2016
I absolutely love this movie. I have probably seen it a dozen times over the years, and nothing beats a romantic comedy with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. Now I finally am able to watch it even when it isn't on TV! I should have bought this sooner!
on February 1, 2011
I saw this "back in the day" when it was new....left it with my "Ex" along with every material thing we had accumulated over 14 years together since I knew I would be able to afford to buy anything I wanted within a short period of freedom and she would likely always be poor........although I think she may now have a control-freak/leech of a husband that keeps her finances in line......he wont even let her answer the phone let alone touch any of their money......and she makes plenty of money for the both of them since I supported her through school and helped get her into a good paying job.......anyway, this Gallagher is so good I had to have it again!!! :o)
on September 24, 2013
The plot is about a rich, spoiled woman stranded in Elk Snout in her yacht due to engine issues. While there, she engages Russell to do a closet remodel. Their relationship is contentious, and when he finishes the job, she stiffs him because he built it out of oak instead of cedar. He's shocked, because she never asked for cedar. In their argument, she throws his tools overboard and fires him. Boat is fixed, and off she goes. Shortly thereafter, though, she returns to the deck to retrieve her ring and falls overboard, suffering a small head injury or shock which drives her amnesia. Her jerk of a husband does not claim her, opting, instead, for a chance at freedom and promiscuity.

Russell sees a TV news article about her and decides to claim her as his wife and the mother to his three irrascible boys. He is a single father who works too much to discipline his boys, clean his house, etc., so Hawn finds herself in a pig stye with out of control brats.

Except they all fall in love with each other.

All situations must be righted, though, and the husband returns, and Hawn discovers she was duped.

This movie is very genuine, due not only to the real-life love relationship between Hawn and Russell but also to the casting of the kids and Russell's best friend. It is sweet, light, and poignant, and it will keep you in the seat until the last waves roll by.
This is on the list of movies we'd watch anytime it comes on. Though we've seen the whole movie, I got tired of sometimes catching it a half-hour in. There was a great deal on the DVD, so I picked it up.

This is a great "reverse Cinderella" story, and Goldie Hawn is outstanding as both the rich bitch, and the humble housewife. Kurt Russel has been great in comedies since he was a kid, and this is no exception.

This one is a lot of fun. :-)