Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on December 5, 2016
This cuts a square corner. It cuts as accurately as the user makes it cut. The cutting edge benefits from a touchup with a fine arkansas or ceramic file. Once sharpened, it holds an edge until something harder than steel touches it. A simple solution to the problem of squaring a rounded corner.
on December 4, 2013
It has amazing function, and yes, it accurate, but it does not ready to use out of the box. It needs some adjustment in order to function well. The spring is too strong, so, it bounch back hardly. Just cut the spring a little bit to reduce the bounch back force, and it will be ok. The sharp edge, it is not really sharp, because it sharpen in the wrong way, I think. It sharpen from outside in. The result is not so smooth cutting, and we have to smoothen it with chisel. We can fix the problem by re-sharpen it with diamond files. Just draw it from inside out following the angle of the square chisel. The bottom line is: this product is not ready to use out of the box, needs some adjustment, and it will perform as promised. Almost fair enough for the price. Although leaving a question: why Porter and Cable not just make the right product?
on March 12, 2013
I don't know what other reviewers are talking about. This came pretty dang sharp. I was using it in a 3/8" deep grove in oak and it made a perfect corner in just a couple whacks.

I do want to mention that the base of this is wider than it appears. My groove was 3/4" wide with a 90 degree turn made with a router. I couldn't fit the chisel in that corner space. You would need at least 1 inch of space to fit this properly. I was still able to cut a corner but it was at a slight angle. Not a big deal for my project but something to keep in mind.
on August 6, 2016
This is an amazingly simple tool that performs its intended task almost flawlessly. It the best corner chisel I've used, mainly because it's about 1/4" smaller than the aluminum versions you see at rockler and online. So you are able to use it to square up smaller mortises found on the door side of lock hardware.

Made in Taiwan, which is good in my book.

Get one, you won't regret it.
on March 7, 2017
Not the kind of thing I often need. In the past, I've used box knives and chisels. This is MUCH faster and neater.
on April 1, 2017
Corner isn't very sharp and tends to compress wood rather than cut it. I've used this on poplar, which doesn't have high compressive strength. The first .060 cut clean, but the next 1/8th inch was pushed into the wood. Since this was for a hinge, the damage was hidden. I wouldn't used this in a location that might be visible.
on March 10, 2017
Heavy duty construction for long life.
It functions well.
A 'nice have' for the wood shop.
on April 6, 2017
a
on November 21, 2016
Don't know how I lived before without this. My only complaint is in the cryptic marketing... lack of proper, convincing written evidence that this thing would work. (It didn't occur to me to search through YouTube!) So I bought it on blind faith and my faith was rewarded. I suppose some credit is due, therefore, to Amazon's robust satisfaction warranty. No need to read instructions (were there any??), once this primitive-but-handy gadget is your hands. It's intuitively obvious, how to use it. I suppose that explains the ass-backwards marketing process, therefore, of withholding intuitive guidance until the consumer has acquired the product.
on April 5, 2017
Difficult to use as is, but I haven't done the hack as suggested by other reviewers. Appears to be very well made.