Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 10, 2014
I had a plastic utility knife that the paper boy ripped off. I wanted something good this time- not some cheap HD product. After looking at reviews I bought this. 2 DAYS later I was woken up by a knock on my door. It was hand delivered! The body is solid. It is hard to see how they can sell this so cheap. It is well made. It feels like a real tool. not the cheap plastic i once had. I had read reviews on how they could not figure out how to install a new blade. It took me about 2 minutes to figure it out- remove the blade from the storage side and install it.
If you can't figure this out in a minute or two then maybe you should not be using this product.
I am glad I spent the extra dollar or two and bought something that is quality.
3 helpful votes
on January 6, 2016
I had an earlier version of this knife that I loved. This knife has the best quick change mechanism. If you are in the construction trades, you want this knife. In the summer of 1983, I worked in a modular home factory and needed to change blades a lot. This knife was great for quick blade changes. I lost my favorite knife this year and was very glad to find the new version of my old knife.
on March 13, 2017
This is a nice utility knife with a superior build quality compared to most. The only thing you have to watch is where you hold it as you use it and make sure you don't release the blade in the middle of a cut.
on January 15, 2017
I love this knife. I'm a professional, so when your tyveking or vycoring 30' feet up in the air on a ladder the last thing you wanna do is change your blade. With this it takes 10 seconds and your back to work.
on February 21, 2015
This Stanley knife has been around a long time. I have had several over the years. They are very economical. Provides the user with quick change blade capability. It is built well and holds up under abuse. It is neither heavy nor bulky for most projects. One tip users may find helpful is as you use the knife (especially on drywall) put a couple drops of oil, squirt of WD-40 or comparable lubricant in the blade slit at the front and in the blade thumb adjuster on top. It will help the knife operate smoothly.
on November 8, 2017
Best box cutter I ever bought and extra blades come inside.
on March 29, 2017
Great product.
on July 3, 2017
Great.
on January 31, 2013
This knife is a great design. Having a place in the knife to store extra blades is such a great idea. I was able to figure out how to assemble it in about a minute (I'm not a very handy guy). All the discussion about difficulties in using are completely overblown. There is a tab on the bottom of the knife that says remove. After you remove it you push the button it was connected to and slide the tray with the extra blades out. Then you use the slider to completely extend the blade (it's not installed yet) hold the yellow button at the top of the knife and slide the blade in until it catches. Now the knife is ready to use and you never have to spend time remembering where you keep your extra blades! Great product!
on December 27, 2014
Oddly there are no instructions on how to effect a quick change, but I figured it out. The yellow button at the front allows you to take out the razor and reinsert it backwards to use the full blade.After that you can put in a new blade by simply removing the old one and loading a new one from the set stored in the handle accessible with the lower back end yellow lever.