Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BOSTITCH FLN-200 2-Inch Flooring L-Nail, 1000-Per Box
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Size: 1000ct|Change

on October 5, 2013
Less than I week ago I received two boxes of these nails in perfect condition! Maybe I got lucky on the packing, but now I discover that Amazon won't ship them due to customer complaints. What's the deal?
As for the product, I've always had good luck with these Bostitch hardwood flooring nails. Our local sorry big box hardware store stopped carrying this quality brand, and substituted some sino-shabby brand. I don't have to tell anyone who has put in all the time and labor to install a "real" 3/4" hardwood floor how minor the cost of nails is. And how critical they are to your project.
Maybe the cut-rate brand is just as good - but I'm not about to risk my project!
As for packing the nails - not rocket science. The little boxes are quite heavy and need to be immobilized in the packing. If they bounce around inside a bigger shipping box the nail strips will obviously separate and disintegrate. Based on some of the (many) items I get from Amazon, I wonder if they provide any sort of training to their packing staff.
But please start selling them again - wrap them in copies of the Washington Post and solve two problems! The price is very good - as evidence by the exhorbitant alternate price now in effect.

Update: 10/12/13: I ordered another box of nails and they came all broken up! :( Evidently Amazon did not listen to my sage advice about "immobilizing" the box of nails in the shipping box. There was a 2" gap at the end of the nail box, the end blew open, and the nails fell out and the strips got broken into 1/3rds or so. At the very least, Amazon, wrap the nail box tight so it won't fall apart during shipping. It is only cheap cardboard!!
on March 13, 2015
when i open it. It's like this.
review image review image
on March 25, 2014
I should have known better as several reviewers mentioned the same problem, but I tried it anyway. My package arrived completely busted within the shipping box, with all nails ripped from their strips. I used it anyway, only because I needed it that day. Next time, I'll go to Lowes.
on March 3, 2006
The 2" cleats were great floor nailing down the bamboo flooring the we had. We could not be happier. We had no problem with the cleats going in straight and feeding throught the nailer. The porter Cable nailer is also an awesome piece of equipment. I would reconmend it to all. The price of the cleats was very fair and reasonable.
on October 5, 2010
I used these to secure down 3/4" thick Bruce Oak hardwood floors, they penetrate the flooring and the 3/4" subfloor with approx. 1/4" protruding below the subfloor. They hold very tight which is perfect. No complaints with these nails.
on February 2, 2016
This is a great product. Worked well for solid oak floor installation. Went through my Grizzly nailer without missing a beat. The only problem was, once again, amazon packaging for shipping. The box arrived broken open inside a huge shipping box. The strips of nails were broken in to small small strips. A headache to load, but worked well in spite of that.
on December 2, 2002
If you are installing 2 1/4" hardwood flooring, one box(1000 nails) is needed per 100 SF - nailing every 6-8"
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2012
I actually never got to use these nails as the first box received the nail box came apart due to lack of packing material and all the nail strips where broken apart into little sections. Amazon promptly arranged for pickup and return and I opted for a replacement. That came today and it was the same as the first shipment. Just asked for a return and refund. Both times I submitted pictures clearly showing the problem but apparently they don't look at them. Just a little packing material to keep the box containing the nails from opening and spilling out contents into the larger shipping box would solve the problem.
on February 25, 2015
These "L" Cleats work great at holding down 3/4 inch Hardwood Maple Flooring for a project I am working. They fit the Freeman Nailer I bought and have operated pretty flawlessly. The only problem I have had is when I do not hit the flooring nailer with the mallet hard enough and they only partially enter the flooring. In that case having a BOSCH or other Oscillating Tool that can cut through metal is very handy for a project such as this.

I would recommend these "L" Cleats to anyone doing hardwood flooring.
on February 15, 2016
the bostitch flooring nails work great in the numax pneumatic nailer I purchased. they hold extremely well. I found this out when I tried to take up a piece of flooring I had nailed by mistake. i ended up destroying the piece of flooring while the nails still remain in the floor. i broke off what i could then nailed the rest into the floor. i know look twice and nail once.