Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
on November 4, 2002
I bought this gun sight unseen (usually I go "touch" tools at the H--- D---- first, but they didn't have one) and am so far very pleased. When I took it out of the box, the first thing I noticed was how light it is. It's amazing. Here's my comments:
- The nail magazine is plastic and the housing is magnesium making this thing feel like a toy in your hand. I'm still a little skeptical about the plastic magazine and wonder if it would withstand the daily pounding of professional use (I'm only a heavy duty homeowner).
The good:
- The oil free engine is fantastic. No oil on your work and no need to remember to oil it.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Pretty much jam free (I've shot plenty of nails through it already).
- VERY light.
The bad:
- Only shoots Stanley nails (PC and Senco shoot a different type of nail). Not a problem as I see it - [One home improvement store] sells them in boxes of 5000 (PC sells their nails in boxes of 1000).
- Plastic magazine - Not sure how long it will last.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2001
I am in the process of remodeling my "old" house. The walls are plaster which have become very brittle and delicate over the years. Hammering to install new molding was out of the question. I needed a gun that was light, powerful, easy to operate, and didn't require oiling so as not to make a mess in my home.
I purchased the Bostitch N62FNK-2 nailer (my first nailer) based on the customer reviews and manufacturer information. This gun is absolutely amazing! It delivered everything I wanted in a nailer. I saved money because I didn't damage any of the existing plaster walls, all nails held firmly the first shot...hammering would have been a nightmare!!
I was a little apprehensive about using a nail gun since I had never owned one before. It was so easy and so fast!! My only improvement idea would be that the manufacturer offer variety nail packs, so you don't have to buy such large quantities of only one size nail... BUT... Have No fear...Go for it...perhaps the best tool I have ever owned!
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2000
Well, as usual I was a bit pessimistic about all the hype around this gun. The oil-free engine is a long awaited modification as well as using a sweet Magnesium body, the shock damping traits of magnesium make it a great material to make a pneumatics out of, not to mention the weight savings. The balance is superb and the latch that allows the entire magazine to slide backward, enabling jammed nails to fall out, Brilliant! God job on this one guys you really hit on the head
on May 26, 2014
First off I'm a finish carpenter and use one every day. I gave the older series 62 5 stars but the newer model stinks! One of mine went down and had to get a backup locally. The newer model has lots of frills that I don't need or want! Worst of all you can't nail into an inside corner of base or crown and set the nail. The new nosepiece design only allows nails to be set with the trip held square to the work piece. It's made now to draw homeowners instead of craftsmen? Big mistake on Bostitch's part? They had and excelllent tool and screwed it up! I'm thinking of shopping for older series used for my next backup!
on March 28, 2014
My husband was looking for a pneumatic finish nailer to attach some floor moulding to plaster walls. After doing extensive research online, we choose this N62FNK-2. He was very pleased with the ease of operation, the features included, and the overall product. Note, that the Bostitch nailer only accepts Bostitch nails. You may want to assure that you can pick-up some either locally, or purchase some online. Our local home improvement superstore didn't sell this item anywhere in our home state. The price off Amazon was much cheaper, had free shipping, and was tax-free.
on March 23, 2017
fast shipping,works great. had one like this one 25 years,so hope this one last
on January 8, 2003
This is my first air nailer and bought it to install 3000 sq ft of tongue and groove paneling. After shooting 6,000 nails, I find this gun to be outstanding. I recall only one misfire and I'm not sure if it was the gun or me. I have never gotten tired from handling it, and it has performed near flawlessly. My only suggestion to Bostitch is to incorporate a lock-out for when you run out of nails. Several times I found myself empty after thinking I've driven 5 or 6 nails. My fault. I now own 5 nailers of different types and this one is the one I would recommend, hands down, as a finish nailer. If you want power, this baby has it. I drove nails through hard spots in ash and oak. Completely seated. This is the one! Thanks Bostitch!
on September 26, 2002
This nailer is wonderful. It is very simple to use, and works perfectly every time. The light weight makes it very easy to use, but you still get tons of power. As for the having to buy nails in bulk...Well for seventeen dollars you can get a box of 3500 bostich brand nails sooo to me I don't see the problem. If you are a light user just buy 3 different sizes and you will always have enough for your friends and family to use. And believe me after they use this nailer they will want to borrow it. I have completed many different projects with this nailer so far..Have not had any problems with the nailer..and have saved myself tons of time....
on November 7, 2003
This is my second (I dropped the first one from 30 feet) N62. I loved my first one. It performed well for the 4 months I owned it. I purchased the Bostich to replace a Senco that I had many problems with. I especially appreciate the light weight and durability....yes, durability!! The magnesium case and plastic magazine performed without a flaw (although I was a bit skeptical at first).The nails sold here on Amazon have worked quite well. I have used 1.5", 2.0" & 2.5" and they are less expensive that the lumber yard and the home stores.
I would recommend this unit to anyone interested in a 15 GA nailer.
on August 25, 2007
I have been using nail guns for 31 years, and purchased three Bostitch nailers this year alone. All have broken down. The gun worked reasonably well, except that the head kept falling off (like my F33). I shipped it back for repair 6 weeks ago. The parts are backordered. I called Bostitch and was told repeatedly that they did not get involved with their own recommended service centers. If they don't, who does? I emailed customer service and did not get the courtesy of any response.
Nails are another issue. They "dimple" pine trim to a greater extent then my other finish nailers. In nailing PVC facia trim, I use stainless steel nails. I had more difficulty getting SS nails for this gun then others I use. Additionally, the nails were exceedingly expensive and hopelessly banged up into short strips upon shipping.
Their lack of reliability, lack of customer service and their notorious attempts to design unusual collating angles in order to force retailers/buyers to use only their nails produces a score of "1" from this reviewer. I haven't found a way to use a gun on a job that is at the repair shop or awaiting nails, and that's the starting point for any tool.