Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 10, 2015
This stapler has helped me a great deal. It works like a charm. I have many pieces of Porter-Cable tools and they have always worked great and helped up like they should. This one will be no different over time, I'm sure. I have used it for many projects and it works great each time. Light to hold, easy to fill with staples. I haven't had any problems with jamming and I have put a lot of staples through this stapler. I would purchase this again and would recommend it to anyone needing to do upholstery work.
4 helpful votes
on January 16, 2017
Very good quality tool. Use it for upholstery projects. Shoots fine wire staples. No jams after all day use. There are cheaper guns out there, but this one is worth the price. Paid about $80.00 for it.
on October 29, 2013
As someone who has just recently ventured into reupholstering furniture, I found that it was often difficult and time consuming to staple fabric onto wood frames. I've watch programs and read articles online that suggested using a power stapler. After a lot of research I decided on the Porter-Cable US58 and found it at a very reasonable price on Amazon. My husband has another brand of stapler that I found difficult to use resulting in cramped, tired hands. That has not been the case with this product
After using it for a few months, I can honestly say that it makes the job so much easier. I've been able to finish some older projects that I'd given up on as well as few new ones. Unlike when using a regular stapler, I have significantly fewer "do-overs" which can be very frustrating. All in all, I would recommend this product for beginners and more experienced folks who are looking to make their upholstery work less time consuming.
on June 17, 2014
I am finishing a porch screening job, and getting this nailer for the screen.

When I receive the nailer from Amazon, I found there is a significant gap that between the front and back nose pieces. it's almost to a 1/3 thickness of the 22ga staple itself.

This stapler has a very high reputation, so my expectation was high. I don't feel comfortable of using this stapler. So I ask Amazon to send me another one. Amazon is the best, they send me the replacement with one day shipping.

The second stapler still has a gap, but smaller almost unnoticeable. I connected the air and tried 20 staples no problem. I think I'll settle with this one with a little disappointment on the workmanship. As I said, my expectation probably was too high.

--- UPDATE ---

I updated my rating from 4 star to 5 star.

After went through about 5000 staples for my porch re-screening project, I believe this is a great product. It had no jams, or misfire that I could remember of. I decided to DIY to save some money. Now the money is back and all the tools I bought for this project are basically free.
on December 2, 2014
This staple gun is one of the best tools I've ever owned. It is like having an extra set of lightning quick hands (with no person attached to throw me off course). It has allowed me to go forward creatively with confidence.

To date I've reupholstered 6 chairs and one bench with excellent results. I have not had a single jam. Any and all hiccups I can attribute to prior inexperience with pneumatics (this stapler was my introduction to air tools) and upholstery. There is no safety and that is a very good feature for upholstery work. As they say - "with great power comes great responsibility" so stay focused, keep your finger off the trigger unless you are shooting, never point the stapler at any part of anyone's body, keep non-essential people (especially children and pets) out of your work area, cover as much of your arms, legs, feet and body with sturdy clothing/shoes as you can comfortably, and have a plan before you begin.
on July 5, 2017
I bought this stapler to help me upholster some chairs. It is a winner! It is easy to load with staples and is very quiet. It is fast and accurate. I am so happy with my purchase.
on September 7, 2017
I purchased this stapler in 2011. After over 6 years, and over 20,000 strokes through it, it is still working flawlessly. It operates well at 50 psi. I use it primarily for producing gallary wrapped canvas prints. The light weight and easy trigger pull make the process go fast. I would buy one again.
on July 12, 2013
I needed something that I could operate quickly and drive a lot of staples with without jamming.
I tried several "professional" grade electric staplers and all of them jammed often and were difficult
and time consuming to un-jam.
Pneumatic is the way to go hands down, and this Porter Cable Upholstery stapler is a great tool.
I've been using it to attach fabric to poplar and pine at 80psi. I've driven about 6000 staples with this
so far and the 2 jams I've had was because I hit another staple, but clearing the jam was quick and easy.
I like the compact size for getting into tight areas and the simple rugged design seems like it will last a
long time. I haven't found anything I don't like about this. I would recommend this to anyone who needs to drive a lot of staples and doesn't want to spend lots of time clearing jams. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I need.
on August 3, 2017
Did some kitchen chairs reupholstering. Worked easily. I have tendonitis but was able to use this without pain. Would buy again
on April 16, 2017
I did a lot of research before deciding on this stapler. I am new to upholstery, but this gun is amazing. No trouble with it whatsoever.