Customer Reviews: Lifetime 1301 Pool Side Basketball System, 44 Inch Backboard
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on August 24, 2015
This is the real deal. We were looking for a legitimate water basketball net for our pool, and this was a bulls eye. It is built like a regular outdoor net. It has heavy materials. Very sturdy. It is not a flimsy plastic toy that will break in a season. We have a Lifetime net in our driveway that has lasted over 10 years. That one gets used a lot, and it is still going strong. This is why we bought this product. We expect to use this water basketball net for years to come. It is taller than other nets, so be aware of that. For smaller kids, this might be an issue. It is hard to dunk on because of its height. Because it is well built and heavy, it can be a bit difficult to move. Once you find a spot for it, that will probably be where it will be for the season. If you are looking for a sturdy product that seems like it will last a long time, this is it. If you are looking for a pool toy that the kids can move around easily, this is not for you. This is an update on the review - In looking at the net that is attached to the backboard, there is rust developing. The rust is also present on the rim away from the backboard. This is a problem because this product is designed to get wet. We have had this product for less than one season, and it is apparent that rust will be a problem. It seems as though this should have been something the manufacturer paid a lot of attention to. Still a sturdy product, but with the rust, I'm not sure how durable it will be.
on June 15, 2015
This is a very sturdy basketball goal. The one comment I have is the directions are HORRIBLE. Be advised the smaller post has to fit inside the larger post by inserting the smaller post through the bottom of the larger post upward. Where the directions say to stand on the base to snap in the post, you have to do just that. I did follow other reviewers and painted the post and parts prior to assembly hoping to prolong the rust issue. We filled the base with water and added an extra flat cement weight to the base. The goal at our pool is on the edge of the pool hanging out over the water. The height is adjustable so no issues if you want a really tall goal. Seems very sturdy. Backboard is made out of some kind of ABS plastic but seems very sturdy when using a heavier ball. Kind of pricey, would have been a good deal at $59 or so but what the heck, Kids and friends are loving having it.
on August 26, 2015
This is a wonderful, very functional product. We had been looking for poolside basketball that used a full size rim and this fit the bill. It is extremely easy to put together - our 14 year old did it himself, needing help only when it was time to put the backboard on the stand, and it was up and ready in about a half an hour using the included directions. He then filled it with water and he and his sister played there first game of many. The height is adjustable, a really great feature. It functions well at any height and can be adjusted to the size of those playing. It has sat poolside for several months now and gotten plenty of water from pool splashes and sprinkler over spray and it still looks in great shape. I plan to bring this stand in during winter just to prolong the life, but I probably do not have to as it appears to be weathering the harsh pool chemicals and our very hard water quite well. Not to mention that the hot sun has not caused any problems with any of the finishes. The item is easy to move around as the wheels function very well.
on August 15, 2008
Nice hoop, on lowest setting standing in pool I can barely touch the rim, Im 6' 1" . Would be nice to be able to adjust it a little lower for small kids. besides that it is great.
on August 22, 2011
The overall construction of the item is good upon first impressions. I have had the BAsketball set for a few years now and it is garaged when not in use in the Winter. The metal pole and actual steel basketball hoop are rusting horribly. You have to be careful for staining on pool deck because of the large abmounts of dripping rust. The powdercoating finish not a lifetime poroduct. This is occuring in a regular pool and not caused by a salt based pool.

I would not purchase this product again for the money and would look for something else.
on July 18, 2013
Nice hoop for a very reasonable price. Very sturdy and backboard/rim feel pretty solid. Lower height option would be nice, but this one looks and feels better than the others available imo.

Based on other reviews having problems with rust, I sprayed all metal parts with several coats of clear rustolium spray paint after assembly. No issues thus far but will come back and update after more time has passed.

Taking 2 stars off after just TWO WEEKENDS of moderate use. While the hardware i coated with several layers of rustolium have held up well, the rim is beginning to rust in several areas (mainly along the base of the rim and each of the net hooks). The thought did not occur to me to repaint the ENTIRE rim. I'll try to delay the inevitable by using a few more cans of rustolium, but based on current rate, would only expect this thing to last 1-2 seasons MAX.
on August 4, 2011
Love the final product but directions were not well written and it was a bear to put together.

It is also very heavy so I needed another person to help toward the end when securing the rim and backboard.
on May 28, 2015
This is our third summer with the hoop. We have a chlorine pool in North Texas area. No salt water or salty air. We do freeze during winter but I slide the hoop under the porch roof. It is a great, sturdy basketball goal. We love it.
on June 26, 2014
If they included stainless steel bolts and the pole and rim had not started to rust in places already at 4 weeks old I would have gave it 5 stars. Other than the rusting it is an awesome hoop for the pool. I hope they correct this issue. I see other customers have complained about the same issue.
on April 15, 2014
This is a great product and is great around the pool. It doesn't go as low as most so if you looking for something that shorter people can dunk on this is not it. It is heavy duty and takes two people to install the backboard.