Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Style Name: CEK-40|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,092 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,299 reviews
on October 11, 2015
Very disappointed. After only a couple uses, the casing broke. Part of the motor was pressing from the inside which caused the casing to break. My husband is an engineer, and says it is a design flaw. I am attaching a photo. Bad design.
review image
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2015
This is a great electric knife except for one thing, the case quickly and mysteriously develops a crack and then falls apart. The first time it happened, I notified Cuisinart; and, to their credit, they replaced it. The replacement came in September, 2015. Now, November, 2015, the replacement is showing the same cracks! The case design or case material is seriously flawed. I suggest staying away from this product until Cuisinart solves the problem.
on November 18, 2014
9 months in and knife started to have internally a hot spot on the side of the plastic housing which ultimately got bad enough to "pop" a chip of the of the plastic housing out. Cuisines will replace the knife but will charge $10 for handling.

Until this it cut well and I appreciated the two included blades. The wood holder is basically useless.

Update
I have changed this to one star! Spent my money for handling charge and no knife sent. Called and they had no record of transaction. This time gave me totally new instructions for returning product and wanted to charge me again. Took a long time with supervisor to get charge waved. Maybe after three months I might get the warranty filled, who knows.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 17, 2017
I've owned this set for a little less than a year. It worked fine at first but will no longer power on at all. Their return policy stinks. I have to pay to ship it back, plus they want another $10 to cover the cost of shipping it back to me. So basically I have to pay half the items cost to get a product fixed that broke within the 1st year. Bear in mind I only use an electric knife maybe once every two weeks. I really wish Cuisinart would revise their return policy if a customer gets a defective product. The reply I received from Cuisinart is below. I'm now looking into a different brand.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Based on the information you have provided, your unit is within the limited warranty period and can be set up for replacement. However, our warranty does not include shipping and processing fees either way. Based on your specific product, your shipping and processing fees for us mailing out your new unit will be $10. We ask that you also cover the cost of shipping the defective unit to Cuisinart. We recommend that you use a traceable insured delivery service."
on October 15, 2015
I ordered this knife, even after reading the negative reviews by all the nay sayers. Now, I will posit this one caveat,i.e., I use it exclusively to cut home made bread. I would not use it on any meats for the reason that I have a history using electric knives on turkey and ham and never found the then electric knife to be as "clean" a cutter as a nice sharp carving knife.
Having said that, I love this knife. I use it with a bread holder that has slots in it which allows for even cutting of a slice. I have used it on probably fifteen loaves so far, all without any problems with the knife. I suspect that those having problems with this knife are either mis using it, or, are unfamiliar with recognizing any electric knife's limitations.
on November 10, 2016
This knife is a little hard to handle if you have small hands. But once you get used to it it, it cuts fine. It does seem to heat up if you run it for an extended time but works great for roasts and Turkeys.
on April 19, 2015
I have used this knife 3 times since purchasing .. After each use the knife was cleaned thoroughly and put back in the original box and placed on the shelf in my pantry. 4th time I opened the box to use I noticed about a 3 inch jagged crack in the plastic handle of the knife. The crack may have been there all the time but worsened with time?? Purchased Nov 2014 and seller will not replace. The item was NOT damaged by my carelessness.
on January 10, 2017
I bought this because of the very good reviews and because I destroyed a rib roast while trying to carve it for a dinner party of 12 guests. I was so frustrated. I went out and purchased another rib roast for a Nother dinner party two weeks later after receiving this electric knife. It cut through this rib roast as if it were butter. The individual portions could not have been prettier. It was restaurant quality. This electric knife is definitely something worth having in your kitchen even if you were only using out several times per year.
on December 5, 2012
We purchased ours in 2008. Here's what you can expect and why. Yes, I have torn into ours to see what is really happening.
First, we only use ours for cutting fresh bread, a loaf or two a week. No hard use at all.
Plan to have the switch quit working within the year, every year! We have went through four of them and now our guarantee is out. It has cost us a $5.00 bill and the trouble of shipping each time. All total it has probably cost us $70 to own this knife for four years and now it's done for. Not to mention the aggravation!
The switch is not really a switch after all. Under the small press button is a very thin piece of flat metal which acts as the spring as well as the contact "points" for turning it on. The metal is formed into two tiny, thin tabs that actually make contact with wires from the motor and "acts" like a switch. This a bad design because the small spark that the electrical contact makes each time it is turned on quickly burns through the thin metal and it will no longer close the circuit. No way to repair this because of molded plastic parts, etc.. Take my word for it! Just to get into the case requires "breaking" the glued gray end off of the case before the two main halves will separate to expose the problem contacts. I had hoped to find a real micro switch inside that I could replace. Not so! If you do get the gray end apart fairly cleanly you will then have to glue it back together which is not nice.
We never had the gear that everyone talks about give us a problem because we never tried to use the knife for carving. But, I did look it over while inside to see what others where having trouble with and sure enough we would have too if we had tried to carve anything. Just normal running in bread had already caused plastic shaving to be mixed with the grease from the gear and it was for certain the gear would have bit the dust if the switch hadn't first.
I promise you, I am very handy with fixing most things but this is NOT worth the trouble even though we love the basic design of this knife and wanted it to work out. Save yourself the headaches!
Cuisinart, use a METAL gear and a micro switch before this thing cost you your reputation! Selling your "name" and a "nice" design is not what we need!
on November 4, 2016
Sorry to say this is the worst Cuisinart product I have ever bought. I'm a regular customer. Have food processor, coffee grinder, hand mixer, etc., but this knife, which was supposed to be a great for me, was a huge disappointment. Hoping to send it back after only one use.

The knife vibrated just like my old electric knife; it overheated several times while I carved a few smoked pork loins, so I had to let it rest and cool down; I kept having to remove the blades to wash/dry and reinsert while carving lean meat because food got in between them; there were jagged edges in the meat, so it was obvious an electric knife was used. Especially because it was 3 times the price of the cheaper electric knife, I was so disappointed.