Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,428 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,592 reviews
on August 19, 2013
I was in the market to become a proud first time owner of a waffle iron. However I was not going to settle for any "low-cost" or "gimmic" waffle iron. I could say I was on a sabbatical to find an iron that would make perfect waffles with a crisp outside and steamy-fluffy inside
After many waffle iron inspired excursions to thrift shops, pawn shops, Walmart, and Target, I knew I had to turn to Amazon to see what the buzz was. I soon realized after my excursions and through the amazon reviews that although those waffle irons that flip upside down are cool, all the ones I could afford (less than $60) are "flimsy" and feel like a toy. I take my waffle making seriously and do not want to feel like I am playing make-believe-kitchen with my 6 year old niece. Also my engineering instinct tells me to stick to what is simple, which led me to this cute little snapper. THIS WAFFLE IRON IS AMAZING. I have only made three waffles on it so far, but IT MADE PERFECT GOLDEN CRISPY WAFFLES WITH HOT STEAMY-FLUFF ON THE INSIDE. And it required no cleaning! And it stores upright nicely! And... And... And... I have decided, unless you run a professional kitchen or feed a family of 13 waffles every day, you do not need to pay any more money for a professional waffle iron that "flips" or "shoots flames out its behind". This waffle iron is inexpensive, but I have no regrets. This iron does exactly what I want it to do. And that is to make perfect waffles.
on September 4, 2015
This was the first waffle iron I've ever bought and I'm extremely happy with it. I've read some other reviews complaining about how it doesn't have a timer or other fancy gadget but for me that is only a benefit. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not great with technology but this waffle iron was so simple and easy. And I don't mind setting my own timer---in fact I prefer doing that as I've been greatly disappointed with automated equipment in the past.

A few helpful tips:
1. Find a good waffle batter recipe. The best waffle iron in the world won't help a bad batter.
2. Use cooking spray. I've never had a non-stick pan or gadget that didn't still need cooking spray, so don't be lazy. It takes all of two seconds to do.
3. Don't over fill the iron. Other people complained about run over from this model but I found that only happened to me once when I overloaded it the first time. No more than 3/4 of a cup, depending on the thickness of the batter you make.
MOST IMPORTANTLY
4. Clean up. The majority of the negative reviews I read for this model all had to do with how hard it was to clean. I assume most of them didn't spray first and that's where most of the problem comes from. If you did use cooking spray then all you have to do is wipe it down with a damp washcloth. If you want to really get in the crevices good, then take a couple of Q-tips, dip them in soapy water and run them along between the hard to reach parts. Then take some dry ones and wipe up any excess water and suds.

All in all I love this little waffle iron and enjoy using it every weekend.
on August 2, 2016
Made my first waffle today and I am really excited!! Plugged in just before I started my batter and by the time I was done it was already heated. Poured the batter, waited 5 minutes and had delicious waffles, crispy outside and moist inside. Big yummy round waffles. The booklet said to add a cooking spray but since my batter has melted butter in it I figured I would try without and for sure, the waffles came right off! Perfect in every way. I just wiped it clean when I was done. Not sure if the plates come off or not. I saw some waffle makers out there costing over $100. Not sure if they make better waffle, for me it's about the batter, but this little maker made them exactly the way I wanted them
on July 10, 2016
This is my first ever waffle maker. My first complaint is that it smells very bad and toxic. It may not be healthy to use and I rather not think about that because that would be depressing to be honest. I've been wanting a waffle maker for years and I was going to go for a run I could put over the stove. I think I found one like that by Nordic Ware but I never bought it. Every waffle maker has mixed reviews. I put off getting a waffle maker for years because I was never sure which one to buy but I finally chose this one and I can say that I'm pretty satisfied with my choice. All I want to care about is getting my waffles crispy and this does the job. Yes it smells very bad when I first turned it on and it's light is pretty much good for nothing and doesn't tell me when it's done and it doesn't turn off by itself, but if you just let the waffle sitting there for about 5 to 8 minutes you'll get a crispy good waffle.
on November 24, 2014
I've wanted to purchase a waffle maker for a while, but I hesitated spending the money for an appliance that does just one thing, and what if it didn't do the job I bought it for, or I simply didn't like it. Well, after reading all the reviews, I broke down and bought it. I am so glad I did. I tried it yesterday and it makes awesome waffles. They're thick too. One waffle makes one filling meal. You don't need anything else. On top of it, this one is idiot proof. Plug it in, wait until the light goes off and pour in the batter. Presto! You have a waffle. Be advised, the waffles these make are thick. Any recipe you use to make waffles with this will use more batter than with other makers. i.e. my recipe makes 16 servings, but with this maker, the recipe made just 4 waffles. Delicious too. Of course, that wasn't the maker doing that. It is also quick clean up: Just wipe up. That's it. I'm pleased with it and I don't impress easily. I highly recommend for anyone that wants an easy to use, easy to clean waffle maker. Did I mention that to save space on your countertop or in your closet, it stores away on its side.
on August 30, 2014
I just received my waffle iron today and used it as soon as it arrived. I've never owned a waffle iron so I can't compare it to another one. However this waffle iron made the most delicious waffles ever. I used 3/4 cup and it was the perfect amount. The first one I let cook for 5 minutes and 30 seconds and it was overcooked not soft at all almost like a toast. The second one I let cook for exactly 3 minutes and 40 seconds and it was chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside but not too crunchy. It takes a few times to find out the exact time to get the waffles to your liking. I didn't spray the waffle iron and they came out with ease. I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone. Tip: let batter rest for 30 minutes prior to making waffles to get a fluffy airy waffle.
review image
on June 8, 2016
If your looking for a nice cheap waffle iron you've found it! I wanted something compact, not a counter top show off item - just a plain ole waffle iron to make an occasional once in a blue moon waffle or brownie- or corn muffin base thing- this does it all. To crisp it up simply add a spray of butter Pam and a few sprinkles of sugar at the end stage of cooking con. Can a cord be any shorter?!
on August 20, 2014
We purchased a Proctor-Silex 26500Y Durable Belgian Waffle Baker and were happy with the product at first. After only two months and less than a dozen uses, we found that the item is not as "durable" as the name suggests. While wiping down the cooking surface as directed in the user manual, a large chunk of the outer plastic broke off. The Waffle Baker was never dropped, mishandled, or roughly used and we are very disappointed that we will need to purchase a replacement so quickly.

Before reviewing this product publicly, we wanted to contact Customer Service to see if perhaps there was a manufacturing error. The break occurred near the screws on the front and the surrounding plastic in the area feels more brittle than the rest of the machine. Since this area becomes EXTREMELY hot during cooking (another flaw in the design, the steam escapes near the handle and can cause burns) we suspected the material was weakened since it is not heat resistant.

Customer Service offered to charge us $12.99 for a replacement, since ours was still under warranty. Since we paid $24.99 for the first one that broke, we decided to invest in a different brand made with higher quality heat resistant materials.
on March 8, 2017
This needs a turn off switch, there is no way to tell if your item has completed cooking, lift the lid too soon sticky mess, lift the lid too late and it's burned....you have to use a lot of no stick spray, and it is NOT easy to clean at all. I thought I had read reviews carefully enough, and none of it's promises were valid...
on August 31, 2014
Makes excellent waffles. I found that a slightly thicker batter than that I'd used in my previous waffle iron [now thrown out after 40 years] makes better waffles. The texture is better and the browning is very good. I allow for the extra minute or so it takes to cook the waffles. They are also slightly larger than those from my older machine. That works well as I split them in two for my husband and me and the next waffle is ready to eat by the time we are finished with the first.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.