Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 22, 2012
This is my first juicing experience, so I didn't want to invest a lot of money, but I wanted a decent machine. So far, this one does everything it needs to juice for one person. As other reviewers have said, if juicing for more than one, you'll need to do it in batches, because the pulp collector just isn't that big. My only complaint is the design--I have a hard time taking the off the cover and removing the pulp collector because you unlock each by rotating clockwise and there's nothing to grip--the design is very smooth and spare and there's nothing to hang onto! But, otherwise, I'm really enjoying juicing and recommend this juicer.

10/17/12 - ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Other reviewers have said this juicer doesn't work for leafy greens...it does, you just have to know how to do it. a) put a hard fruit/veg in the juicer and follow that with kale or spinach that is rolled (like you were going to chiffonade), followed by something hard; b) wrap a hard fruit/veg with the greens; or c) juice rolled greens by themselves, using a carrot or celery as the pusher. Works for me!
on July 28, 2017
After reading the reviews of all different models, some costing more and some costing less, I settled on this one. I have to admit I also went to a local store and saw each of the machines in person to examine the quality. And I'm glad I picked it. It is a NICE machine.
The motor seems plenty powerful and the entire unit assembles and disassembles easily.
My only complaint, and this is very minor.... with the machine properly assembled, sometimes some of the pulp manages to splash out of the machine and collect on the front of the unit. It is a very small amount, but I'm surprised the seal isn't perfect.
But if you're thinking about a juicer, I would say definitely get this one. I feel it is better than the other juicers where you have to buy an additional citrus attachment or paper filters.
on October 18, 2011
I've had this juicer for five years, and for its class of juicer, I really like it. I bought it to replace a bottom of the line Juiceman that got lost in a move. I've used other similar models when visiting friends and family as well. In comparison to similarly-priced juicers, this Waring model is far superior in my view. It is reliable, reasonably simple to clean, and as efficient as you can expect a centrifugal juicer to be. If you are looking for a entry-level juicer at this price point, you won't be disappointed.

That said, be aware that it does not do away with the limitations typical of this style of juicer, most notably that it does not do a good job with leafy greens. Other issues: the basket that collects the pulp is not large and is internal, so more than two hearty servings or so of juice require opening the whole unit and clearing out the pulp. Also, even carrots and apples are not that efficiently pressed. You can certainly put the pulp through a second time, but again, it requires stopping and reopening the entire machine. Like centrifugal juicers generally, it does spin at high speeds, which has not so desirable impact on the quality of the juice produced, the noise level, and amount of foam generated. These, however, are typical issues with centrifugal juicers. Cleaning the juicer is better than average on the tediousness scale for similar style juicers in my opinion. The parts are mostly black plastic or steel, so there is little to no staining and fairly easy cleanup for those parts. I actually love the steel juice collector. Feels much better than plastic and is very durable. The one tricky part on cleanup, as always, is the sieve in the pulp basket, which tends to collect fine pulp and needs to be cleaned thoroughly with a brush. Still, even this was not as bad as other comparable juicers I have tried. Given the cost savings, it may still be worth your while to put up with these limitations.

When I first bought it, I was on the fence over whether to buy this one or one of the more expensive models, as I knew I really enjoyed juicing. In some ways I wish I had forked over more money, as I did just upgrade to an Omega 8004 juicer to handle the greens and wheatgrass that I craved but could not really swing with this one. (Can't say enough about the Omega 8004, by the way. It rocks.) Still, this spunky little guy was very inspiring. The more I juiced, the more I wanted to juice. It is still going strong after very consistent use, and I plan on handing it down to someone who is starting out on the juicing adventure. If you are really not sure, it may be worth the cost if only to know for sure whether you need something more. If you already know that you will be juicing greens regularly, I would not recommend it. But if you want a basic, inexpensive, and reliable juicer that does a decent job with carrots, apples, citrus, ginger, and the like, it will definitely do you. To get beyond the above limitations, you are going to have to shell out much more than this.

NOV 2016 UPDATE: I've had this juicer for ten years now, and it is still going strong. For the money, you would be hard pressed to find a better general juicer. I moved up to an Omega juicer for myself five years ago, because I needed more efficiency in juicing greens. Still, I kept this one as well, as we are away from home several months a year and I like to leave the kitchen equipped for house sitters. It works great still and has more than earned the price I paid for it. It is a really good starter juicer.

Hope this helps!
on May 21, 2017
This juicer did juice, but there wasn't very much juice made. There was a lot of wet pulp, which is a waste. I'm giving it 3 stars, because the veggies, and fruit with more water, juiced well, but the ones that didn't there wasn't much return. Also it's kind of hard to clean. There are some nooks and crannies that could potentially grow bacteria, if they are overlooked, which is quite easy to do. The noise wasn't too loud, but I haven't had another juicer to compare it too. I wouldn't but this again. If you are looking to juice veggies, and fruit that have more juice to give, then this would be a juicer to consider, but if you really want to make quality juice with other veggies, and fruit, don't purchase this. The price is good, but with a lot of things that are cheaper in price, there also is a lack of quality.
on May 30, 2014
Wanted to try juicing, but didn't want to spend a lot of money and find it to be a passing fancy, so after reading the reviews, settled on this model. I've used it daily for a week and I am very happy with it. If I had to mention any drawbacks, it would be that I feel the pulp catcher fills quickly. If you are making juice for more than 1 person, it will have to be emptied mid way through. The pulp is not as dry as it could be. Cleaning is pretty simple, not too crazy about the brush that comes with the unit to clean the basket, I use a soft toothbrush with better results. If you are mixing fruits and using bananas, put the bananas through first as the basket won't allow the banana mush through once your other fruit pulps are seated in the basket strainer. What a tasty way to get fruits and vegetables !
on April 25, 2014
This was the first juicer I ever bought and it came at a great discounted price (40$ from 100$) so I thought why not! I had it for a few days and found it a real pain to use. It is not really efficient... the pulp would have large chunks of whole fruit in it and also pools of liquid in the collection area. I tried sending pulp through more than once but it wouldn't really produce much more juice, so I would squeeze it through a sieve. Overall it was a lot of work for a low efficiency. When you have to do so many steps and processes to getting your juice, it doesn't really make it worth it. Plus, it would get really messy!

The collection of the pulp is a ring shaped space that goes along the side of the tube, so is awkward to retrieve pulp from without making a mess. Also, the actual blade and sieve piece inside is quite fine and hard to clean. I returned this after a few days and invested 200$ in an Omega masticating juicer and I love it! The pulp is practically dry, so you're getting your money's worth in your produce purchases and the juicer itself!
on September 10, 2011
When looking for a juicer I was mainly constrained by price. I'd seen the Jack Lalane and juice man juice tiger in the stores but I didn't want to spend that much money. So I did some research and found the Waring. For the price, I found the juicer to be easy to use, not too noisy and, I liked the self contained, coffee dispenser style. Usually there is a separate container for the pulp but the Waring catches it inside the machine.
It juices the items quickly and I was surprised how much juice came out of single carrots and cucumbers etc.
I didn't give it 5 stars as I felt the pulp contained too much juice that I could have consumed. Having said that, the pulp wasn't dripping wet but, should I fill my hand with it and squeeze, there was usable juice.
Cleanup, another prevalent complaint, is very easy. The unit disassembles into 4 easy pieces, including the cup, and will come clean under the faucet. The juice strainer needs a little more attention. There is a small brush included for the strainer but I found it better to use a small scrubby.
I'm very happy with my purchase overall and, should I need to upgrae in the future I will look to Waring first.
on December 28, 2012
first off, I wanted to turn many other's review "negative" into a positive. :)

Many said that after juicing, they noticed there was a considerable amount of Juice left in the pulp, an although I completely agree, I found a quick and easy (and tasty) solution to using the pulp rather than just wasting it/throwing i away. Take that pulp out, add sugar if desired (still sweet enough without it but it depends on your taste) and maybe supplement with a little bit store-bought juice or milk an presto: you have homemade whole-fruit Popsicles! Just pour it into a Popsicle mold or a small Tupperware with a Popsicle stick. Tastes SO good and gets my kid to consume a ton more fruits an veggies than before. I LOVE my juicer!

Pros:
-easy to clean, I literally only have to use the spray nozzle on my kitchen sink and it's free of pulp and juice within seconds. I'm not sure yet if the parts are dishwasher safe but it wouldn't matter, it's a breeze to clean.
-nice looking, I was worried about a big appliance on my counter but its actually very nice looking, modern design, and I'm proud to keep it out as I use it every day.
-juices veggies like carrots and celery -I wasn't sure such a low priced juicer would handle these tough textures well but it just powers through them! I think in the manual it only suggests you don't use wheat or lemon grasses. Not sure why yet but I'll live.
-for people complaining that its loud, I honestly don't know what they expected. Lol. It's not like a wind turbine or anything. Think: blender.

The only negative I noticed was that it seemed to take a lot of produce to make a full cup, but it's my first juicer and experienced juicers tell me this is normal. I mean it makes sense, the benefit to juicing is getting the nutrients of 20 fruits and veggies in one batch! And if you use my tip of using the pulp rather than tossing it (you can also add it to oatmeal!) then you're sure to get ALL of the nutrients in a more fun, easy to costume manner that tastes fantastic. :)
on November 7, 2010
So, this is my first juicer purchase. I can't compare the Waring to other juicers, but it worked perfectly and is competitively priced.

Out of the box impressions: It was about 25% larger than I expected (picture posted to compare to single-serving Keurig coffee-maker). Assembly was easy. The directions were simple and clear, and, fortunately, provide you step-by-step instructions on use (not just assembly, disassembly, and cleaning), including how to feed common items into the machine. The instruction booklet also contains some sample recipes, which is nice, as the internet juice recipe sites are ad-riddled and/or written by people a bit more into that juice/detox lifestyle than I'm looking to commit to, and I wasn't sure where to begin. Great-looking piece of equipment, as expected and pictured.

First use impressions: Very easy to use. Similar in sound and time to a garbage disposal. I didn't notice any oily smell--just juice. I got one teeny-tiny bit of blowback from a cucumber before I got the feed tube over it. I got a full 16 ounces of juice from 4 carrots, 3 celery heart stalks, 1 fuji apple, and a third of a medium-sized cucumber. Clean up is reasonably easy (there is a lot of pulp in the collector, which is kind of gross); all the parts in contact with the food and juice that require cleaning are machine-washable, but they will take up more than half of the top rack of a standard dishwasher (also pictured).

First taste impressions: I expected disaster on my first attempt (4 carrots, 3 celery heart stalks, 1 fuji apple, 1/3 cucumber). With a squirt of lemon juice, it was actually somewhere between okay and good. I'll cut back on the celery next time, and probably just make half as much.

Bottom line: From start (cutting up and cleaning produce) to finish (all parts rinsed and in dishwasher), it took me about 20 minutes. With regular use, I expect that time would be cut in half. If you're like me, and want to experiment with making juice a couple of days a week, I doubt you could do better for price and performance. You'll probably even be pretty happy with the end product. Clean up isn't an excusable deterrent either. This juicer offers a do-able way to try adding juice to your diet without a tremendous front-end investment.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 22, 2015
This was our first juicer and we didn't want to spend 200+ for something we weren't sure we were going to like. I think we spend a tad over 50 clams for this unit. So far, we've used it about 1/2 dozen times or so. I enjoy the juice from the various vegetables we've juiced. Here are some interesting factoids I've found out about vegetable juicing. Soft veggies don't work very well, such as Kale or Spinach or leafy-type veggies. Hard vegetables like carrots and celery work great. Cucumbers work good too, but you have to go through a lot of cukes for not so much juice, although it tastes the best. After almost 2 months, I pretty much just stick with celery, carrots and cucumbers and I juice alternate weekends. On the positive side of things, this juicer has contributed to our mostly vegetarian diet, which I've been on for over a month. Whether or not we get into a serious juicer in the future is unknown, but for now this was a small investment at exploring the juicing option. I want to list some pros and cons.

Pros:
Easy to take apart.
Easy cleanup
Easy to reassemble
Low cost (around 50 or so)

Cons:
Doesn't work well with soft veggies.
Seems to waste a lot of pulp.
Insertion hole is too small for certain vegetables, which may need to be sliced into thinner slices.