Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Size: 3-Pack|Color: Transparent|Change
Price:$3.99 - $44.82

Showing 1-10 of 289 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 355 reviews
I discovered this tape by accident years ago. I was at Target shopping for tape and I come across "gift wrap" tape. I thought, "Gift wrap tape? Really? Another form of tape—specifically for gift wrapping?" I bought it anyway as I like to try interesting new products. Let me tell you, this is one of Scotch's best tapes.

The main reason it's the best is because of the satin "gift wrap" finish. The satin finish makes the tape look invisible on gift wrapping paper. Before this, I thought their Transparent Tape was the best. It has now been surpassed.

An alternative use to this (and my main reason for using this) is taping down the spines of paperback books. I have taped all my books and they all look like new in my book shelves, at least from only looking at the spines. If you clean your spine and put this tape on, it applies cleanly without air bubbles (if you maintain a clean environment). Recommended!
on January 4, 2015
In a pinch, any tape will finish off a wrapped gift, but some wash out the bright colors of the paper while looking unflatteringly dull. There's a tape for that. Better yet, it comes in a multi-pack, so everyone can have their own (or you can afford to misplace a few, as will happen with wrapping presents). This Scotch tape has a satin shine to complement wrapping paper. It is so clear that it can show your fingerprints, if you aren't careful. The tape is 3/4 in. wide to assure that it keeps its hold for those days or weeks before the gift is received. Each ergonomically-designed dispenser contains 300 in. of tape for a total of 900 in. After using this product exclusively on my 2014 presents, both foil and paper wrapped, I am very pleased with the purchase of this value pack. It is so nice to get everything on Amazon - my bows, my tape, and even my tissue paper!

Were you looking for the matte-finish office tape by Scotch?
Scotch Magic Tape, 1/2 x 450 Inches (104)
on February 18, 2014
This tape is somewhat mediocre.

Pros:
*Good amount of stickiness on regular paper
*Photo safe (have not tested that myself, but they claim it is)
*Made in the USA

Cons:
*Isn't as "invisible" as they claim (not a huge deal for me, but worth mentioning)
*Hard to tear, so by the end of a day of wrapping gifts, my thumb has little serrated cuts from the "blade"
*Not much tape on each roll, so seems wasteful to have it split on 3... not sure why they don't put it all on 1 roll
*Does not stick to shiny or glittery wrapping paper (neither does normal tape, but you would expect gift wrap tape to be a bit more versatile, especially since most gift wrap these days is fancy)
*Wish the tape was wider so it would be easier to use along seams when wrapping
on June 8, 2015
I'm very happy I found this on Amazon. This is the best general purpose tape I've encountered. It is attractive, tough, sticks tightly. It doesn't come off easily, so if you want removable you'll have to use Scotch Magic. The glue isn't as gooey as duct tape, so there isn't as much residue when you do remove the tape.

I've found these rolls last a long time because you need small strips to hold most things in place.
on May 8, 2015
This Scotch tape has the best tape smell of all the tapes. There are some that are a little drab and not very pungent. But not Scotch! This one really has the aroma that stimulates your nose hairs. It's just the right amount of sticky. Not like 40 Yr old Virgin, pull off your chest hair sticky. But, more like a pro football team ball gripper kind of sticky. Your gifts will be wrapped with elegance using this tape. Enjoy!
on June 28, 2016
It is Scotch tape... It holds well and is a clear see through tape that allows you to still see the gift wrap under neath. This tape is not to be used for long term tape needs or for shipping, it is meant to wrap a present and thus when paper is tugged at edges where the tape is, this tape will easily come off. The tape is worth no more then $1.00 a roll and is good to have on hands for last minute gift wrapping needs you may have.
on November 27, 2016
I love this tape and use it for everything. I like it for wrapping gifts, but I also using it for taping my sewing patterns together. I don't like to have a matte finish on my papers. This is nice and clear and works great!
on August 13, 2016
"Scotch GiftWrap Tape features a unique satin finish that disappears on most gift wrap papers" - works on some products not on our clear polybags that we use to seal our business items. Otherwise, great value and product. Thank you!
on December 31, 2015
Not really sure how much you can say about tape. This one's transparent with a slightly matte texture, as opposed to the typical glossy transparent tape.

I use this mostly on brown kraft wrapping paper and prefer it to the magic tape. It doesn't vanish completely, but it's the closest you can get with kraft paper. It does vanish on standard gift wrap.

My only gripe is that Scotch doesn't make larger rolls of this tape. You always have to buy it in this tiny dispenser, which is both uneconomical and wasteful. Only 300 inches per roll/dispenser, which is less than 1/3 as much tape as the magic tape rolls. The bulk packs (I bought a set of 18) are a better deal than you'll find in most stores, but still very wasteful.
on January 23, 2016
This was the first time that I've ever used tape specific for giftwrapping. Wow, what a difference! I now see why this gift wrap tape is so popular. You can barely see the tape used to wrap a gift. Don't think I will ever be using regular scotch tape again when wrapping gifts. Must have during Christmas time.