Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 288 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 354 reviews
I discovered this tape by accident years ago. I was at Target shopping for tape and I come across "gift wrap" tape. I thought, "Gift wrap tape? Really? Another form of tape—specifically for gift wrapping?" I bought it anyway as I like to try interesting new products. Let me tell you, this is one of Scotch's best tapes.

The main reason it's the best is because of the satin "gift wrap" finish. The satin finish makes the tape look invisible on gift wrapping paper. Before this, I thought their Transparent Tape was the best. It has now been surpassed.

An alternative use to this (and my main reason for using this) is taping down the spines of paperback books. I have taped all my books and they all look like new in my book shelves, at least from only looking at the spines. If you clean your spine and put this tape on, it applies cleanly without air bubbles (if you maintain a clean environment). Recommended!
on January 4, 2015
In a pinch, any tape will finish off a wrapped gift, but some wash out the bright colors of the paper while looking unflatteringly dull. There's a tape for that. Better yet, it comes in a multi-pack, so everyone can have their own (or you can afford to misplace a few, as will happen with wrapping presents). This Scotch tape has a satin shine to complement wrapping paper. It is so clear that it can show your fingerprints, if you aren't careful. The tape is 3/4 in. wide to assure that it keeps its hold for those days or weeks before the gift is received. Each ergonomically-designed dispenser contains 300 in. of tape for a total of 900 in. After using this product exclusively on my 2014 presents, both foil and paper wrapped, I am very pleased with the purchase of this value pack. It is so nice to get everything on Amazon - my bows, my tape, and even my tissue paper!

Were you looking for the matte-finish office tape by Scotch?
Scotch Magic Tape, 1/2 x 450 Inches (104)
on December 20, 2013
Don't be fooled like me- each roll looks like someone already used 3/4 of it. You could easily fit all 3 rolls worth of tape on a single roll and have room to spare; this is sold as a 3-pack to make you feel like you are getting a good amount of tape. I'd much rather 3M save some money on the 2 wasted plastic rolls and put the pennies saved toward more tape on a single roll. Compare the length + price to that of other rolls to figure out if you are actually getting a good price. As for the tape itself, it is good and as described, another good 3M product. But don't think you are getting it for a garbage tape price!
on June 8, 2015
I'm very happy I found this on Amazon. This is the best general purpose tape I've encountered. It is attractive, tough, sticks tightly. It doesn't come off easily, so if you want removable you'll have to use Scotch Magic. The glue isn't as gooey as duct tape, so there isn't as much residue when you do remove the tape.

I've found these rolls last a long time because you need small strips to hold most things in place.
on February 18, 2014
This tape is somewhat mediocre.

Pros:
*Good amount of stickiness on regular paper
*Photo safe (have not tested that myself, but they claim it is)
*Made in the USA

Cons:
*Isn't as "invisible" as they claim (not a huge deal for me, but worth mentioning)
*Hard to tear, so by the end of a day of wrapping gifts, my thumb has little serrated cuts from the "blade"
*Not much tape on each roll, so seems wasteful to have it split on 3... not sure why they don't put it all on 1 roll
*Does not stick to shiny or glittery wrapping paper (neither does normal tape, but you would expect gift wrap tape to be a bit more versatile, especially since most gift wrap these days is fancy)
*Wish the tape was wider so it would be easier to use along seams when wrapping
on June 28, 2016
It is Scotch tape... It holds well and is a clear see through tape that allows you to still see the gift wrap under neath. This tape is not to be used for long term tape needs or for shipping, it is meant to wrap a present and thus when paper is tugged at edges where the tape is, this tape will easily come off. The tape is worth no more then $1.00 a roll and is good to have on hands for last minute gift wrapping needs you may have.
on February 13, 2016
It's Scotch tape, and it does the job of making stuff stick! It is a 3M product and I will never buy the cheaper brands as they don't do as well as a product from 3M.
on April 25, 2017
Tape is my favorite obsessive about it
on January 6, 2016
True to its name! Best gift wrap tape I have used. It is clear and doesn't take away from the paper. Worked great for wrapping all of my presents
on May 7, 2016
Works great, I buy several at a time, so I always I have plenty in my gift wrapping box.