Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 7, 2004
This is a great toy. It has three different positions and is VERY easy to change around. I think the designer is brilliant! My 7-month old is going back and forth between the lay down and sit-and-play positions right now. I have no doubt that he will love the toy in it's third stage-- stand up and play. The only thing I would change has already been mentioned: the volume is very loud. There are two volume choices: loud and very loud. No big deal, though, I just muffled the speaker with tape.
on September 7, 2005
I was soo excited to get this toy for my 5 week old. He was always a very attentive baby. He liked looking around and seeing everything. He has the fisher price aquarium swing, and even from a week old, he noticed the the lights and moving fish on the overhead mobile. That is why I thought he would adore this classical gym toy with the stars that light up. But when I got it, he wouldn't even look at the lights from the laying down position. There is a mode in the laying down position that allows one song to play when the baby kicks the toys that are hanging. It takes quite a big movement or two to get the thing to play a song in that mode. That's not a huge deal though. When my baby turned about 8 weeks I had an idea about how to get him interested in this toy. I put the toy in the sitting up position and sat with my son on my lap. I helped him play the piano in that particular mode and also just let the music play for him so he could just watch the lights and listen. He seems to really enjoy this. So basically, we haven't really been able to use the toy as the manufacturer suggests, but we've found ways of enjoying it still. And once my baby gets older and more developed, this should be a really fun toy.
on November 9, 2005
This toy has gotten so much use in our house! My son loved laying under it and watching the lights even before he was old enough to bat at the toys. Unlike some other play gyms, this one is very sturdy, and not easily knocked over. We used this a lot to keep him busy in his bouncer. It is wide enough to slide right over the bouncer, so he could easily reach the keys and could kick the toys with his feet. It was his favorite toy when he was first learning to sit. We would surround him with pillows and set the piano up on the second level. He would sit there and play his music for 10 minutes at a time (a very long time for a 4 month old). He is now a walking toddler and still likes this toy in the standing position.

The only con is that the orange piece across the top pops off all the time. The hanging stars also pop off fairly easily, but my son likes pulling them off and playing with them, so I can't really say that's a con...just a pain when I find them all over the house.
on August 18, 2013
My lovely daughter's toys.

My daughter loves this product.

The price a little (ㅠ ㅠ), though expensive, but I like my daughter too good.

Good product, thank you.
on January 5, 2015
didn't order this
on November 18, 2004
I love this piano because it plays really pretty music and my son has loved it since he was a baby. He is now 2 1/2 and I got it out after about 6 months in the basement for his 4 month old baby sister. She likes it and he still loves it. It is a great, great toy.
on July 19, 2005
My 4 month old loves this, the music entertains him and he likes to lay on his back and swat at the toys. I can see him using this as he grows. It's well made and the music variety is great, a must have!!
2 helpful votes
on December 27, 2004
This is a fantastic product. My daughter loves her gym especially the range of musical selections and the colorful dancing lights. Excellent product
on July 7, 2005
I am told that my grandson seems to love it! I have not actually seen it as it was delivered directly to his home.
on July 29, 2003
We bought this toy when our son was just two months old and he loves it. We are at five months now and he still gets a huge kick out of it.
There are so many ways to play! At first we'd lay him on his back an he would swat at the dangling rattles. They are bright and attention-getting. When he'd hit one, music would play and the lights would flash; it kept his attention. It didn't take much effort, and helped develop his coordination. There aren't many toys a two-month-old will play with. Then he learned that he could push the buttons to play and change songs.
The toy is re-positionable, so it can be used when the baby is laying down, with the rattles hanging. Tilt it at 45 degrees and sit him in a bouncer or car seat under it. At 90 degrees when he's standing (we still have to help him stand). And with a switch in the legs' configuration, it can be positioned so that he sits and plays.
There are (at least) 6 sound modes, ranging from one button playing a whole song, through pressing buttons that prompt a song to continue, to one button being a single tone (like a keyboard).
We love this toy and so does our son. It is good for just about everything except tummy time. We expect to get at least a year out of the developmental value.
Just another two things about it: it is very sturdy construction, but not a good toy to balance or lean on, and it is EASY to reconfigure.

Update: Our son is now 3.5 years and STILL plays with this toy. We put it away a while and when our daughter was born, brought it out for her, and he plays with it every chance he gets. We just change the settings to single notes for him and he still gets a thrill from it. It was completely worth our investment! And, of course, our daughter also loves it.]

Second Update: Our son (now 6) and daughter (now 4) played with this until last month, when we *finally* gave it to a friend's daughter, who also loves it. So far, hands-down, this toy has been well worth every penny we paid for it. So durable that even with six years of play between two kids, it's still as good as new, with just a few scuffs from wear.
92 helpful votes
93 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.