Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 251 reviews
on June 21, 2016
I have been using Science Diet since the 80's. Yes, this company has been making animal food since the 1930's. I had one cat live to be 24 using the standard adult stuff. He was over 20lbs and not fat at all but just a real big male. I switched him to the older cat formula at 15 years. He was never sick a day in his life. My current cat started out not able to keep weight on as a kitten. Took him to vets, did holistic junk and tried blended meat etc. Nothing worked so went to this Science Diet. It stabilized him really quickly. He is now a big Maine Coon at 22lbs and 7 years old. I don't have experience with all the specialty ones. You can compare all the nutrients and additives you want but the bottom line is the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I have 31 years of healthy cats and that talks volumes over lab test statistics junk.
on September 17, 2016
I think Science Diet is the way to go. I always purchased cheap cat food because well, it was cheap. When I started volunteering at the animal shelter I noticed this is all they use. I decided to give it a try. First thing I noticed was that the amount of food was far less than I was used to feeding her. Even though it was less it must be more filling because she's not hungry so many times a day. She seems more content. She definitely isn't pooping so often. This will be the only cat food we'll use from now on.
on December 18, 2016
I have two cats with one having severe ibs who is a male. I initially put my cats on it when my male cat got sick and my vet put him on emergency hill science diet can food because of his dehydration. This food brought my baby back from the brink of death!! Both of their coats are sooo soft and shiny they almost feel like velvet. I made the mistake of giving them a store brand food not thinking it would make a difference and I was wrong. Within 2 weeks their fur lost its luster, fur was all over my floor and their poo was runny. I went back to this immediately and they have returned to being soft kitties 🐱 and the cat box is not a mess anymore
review image
on April 30, 2017
I recently started buying this on amazon. My cats have food allergies so I've been feeding them this for the last year (before that they were on kitten food for the science diet). My cats are much more happy and since they are long hair this does help with hairball control too.

If you have cats that are sensitive I would advise that you buy this, especially if they are long hair. This has also helped with my cats teeth too. All of them needed a cleaning at one point but switching to this they don't any more.
on July 24, 2014
My cat likes this very much. She's been eating this for the past few months, right after she reached her first birthday. Before that she had the kitty version from Hill's. She's 13 months old now. She's healthy and alert and active, her coat is nice and shiny and her eyes are bright, and her poop is regular and substantial. I've tried giving her other foods and she'll take a bite or two, but she seems to love THIS stuff. It's good because I can leave it for her when I'm gone overnight and it doesn't get yucky. I'd give it a 5, but I'll leave her some room for fresh chicken and fish!
on December 1, 2014
I was given a couple small bags of Science Diet Original by the shelter when I chose the oldest scrawniest kitty. I feed him a can of wet food a day a heaping teaspoon at a time, which equates to about ten times a day. (Anymore than a teaspoon, he'll leave to dry out then irresistibly purr meow for something fresh.) I leave a small bowl of Science Diet Original out for him as well. I think he eats the Science Diet Adult Original because it's good and smelly to his old nose. He exclusively eats that at night since I'm not up to replenish his wet food. It took less than two weeks for him to grow to normal weight and become active. (Sometimes dashes around the house just for fun.) He's thriving. So my experience says that dry food alone isn't enough; some wet food plus some decent dry food does the trick.
on October 5, 2016
I love this product, and Amazon is the cheapest place we can find Science Diet. My cat is a finicky water and was started on Science Diet when she was in a shelter. We tried to change her food to a healthier brand, and she literally tried to starve herself. It's a cat food, so I can't say much about it, other than the product is consistent from month to month, and I've never had any issues receiving the product on time.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 12, 2017
I have used Hill Science Diet cat food for years with no problems. No that they changed the formula to Chicken, one of my cats simply
pukes a lot. Please go back to the original formula Hills!
on September 8, 2016
I have four cats of various ages, sizes and both genders and they all love it. They have fantastic, shiny coats, clear, bright eyes, boundless energy and strong, white teeth. I credit Hill's Science Diet for all of that. I started feeding it because I had a cat that needed L-lysine daily and this is the only food that has it in the ingredients. That beats having to grind up tablets and mixing it in the food. Since the L-lysine boosts feline immune systems I feel that's just another reason to keep giving it to them. This size lasts over a month even with my gang.
on May 27, 2017
This is the only cat food my cat will eat, unfortunately. I like that it can be delivered and the price is right most of the time. I would have given it 5 stars except for the price that is not always the same. And over time it has increased more than I would like. I guess he likes it so I will continue to buy it.