Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 214 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 222 reviews
on July 24, 2014
My cat likes this very much. She's been eating this for the past few months, right after she reached her first birthday. Before that she had the kitty version from Hill's. She's 13 months old now. She's healthy and alert and active, her coat is nice and shiny and her eyes are bright, and her poop is regular and substantial. I've tried giving her other foods and she'll take a bite or two, but she seems to love THIS stuff. It's good because I can leave it for her when I'm gone overnight and it doesn't get yucky. I'd give it a 5, but I'll leave her some room for fresh chicken and fish!
on October 31, 2016
My 2 cats love this food and the vet recommended it. I have 2 Bengal cats and they're known for sensitive stomachs. A few other brands made them puke or their excrement smelled bad. This brand did neither and they maintain a healthy weight. They have been eating Hill's for a year now and it's also made a beautiful difference in their fur!
on March 28, 2017
Bought Hill's SD for 2 decades and just switched to Iams. Why? Was tired of cleaning up the cat barf. Siamese cat seems to digest the Iams much better than the Science Diet. Nothing wrong with Science Diet, just needed to try something different and Iams worked for us.
on March 19, 2017
My two cats really enjoy this! We feed them it mixed with some wet food (also Hill's), at least 2 meals a day. One of our cats that we adopted in November has been eating it since then and her coat has improved drastically - more healthy and glossy. Its a little pricier than the supermarket brands but definitely worth it for them :)
on March 8, 2017
We switched our cat to this as his dry food when he turned a year old, per our vet's recommendation. He's an orange tabby, and we've noticed that he can get allergic pretty easily to foods, but this one has worked well for him.
on March 11, 2017
I picked this brand when I picked up kitty from the shelter and after it was recommended to me by my vet. I was sent home with a sample sized bag when I adopted my cat from the shelter and never looked back. My cat loves it, she is a healthy weight and her coat looks great. As a first time cat owner I love knowing my vet stands by this product.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on November 8, 2016
I bought a large bag of Hill's Science Diet Optimal Care Chicken recipe in July. My three exclusively indoor, healthy cats have always been good eaters. The first time that I put this out, all three cats ate it. That was it, they ate it once and wouldn't go near it again. A few days later two of the cats started to vomit. All of them were lethargic, wouldn't eat anything and started to lose weight. All three continued to deteriorate. I took them to the vet and blood test showed severe renal failure. So far, we were able to save one with hydration to flush toxins out of the kidneys. One is very ill and still hanging on. The largest, most athletic and also biggest eater, died of renal failure. In a matter of weeks, my entire, healthy animal family has been wiped out. As you would expect, I am heartsick about this. Please do not buy this food.
on March 3, 2017
My adult cats have eaten this for years and are healthy, at a healthy weight, and like the food just fine. The vet seems unconcerned at the checkup when she asks us what kind of food they get.
on March 17, 2017
I have three cats and this food has been great for them! I won't purchase any other brand. This was vet recommended and I completely understand why.
on March 25, 2017
cats love it. A little pricey but less than some other dental foods.