Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: Single Dinosaur|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,483 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,654 reviews
on October 21, 2015
My dog is a two-year-old, 53 pound, Australian Shepherd. He's a tough chewer and a toy doesn't last long (even the $25 toys that are suppose to be "unbreakable"). We give him retriever bones and tough rubber toys, but I thought this would be a nice mix. A tough toy that he can't eat or rip chunks out of....

I read the reviews and I noticed some people were concerned with how tough the toy was... but I also read comments stating that dogs wouldn't be "stupid" enough to break their teeth on the toy. Well, my Aussie is anything but stupid and last night he broke one of his front teeth (non-canine) all the way up to the gums....

Maybe this toy would work for a tough chewer that wasn't a DETERMINED chewer? I don't know. All I know is that this toy cost my dog his TOOTH! Even with watching him diligently while he played with this toy, I wasn't able to notice until it was too late and the tooth was broken.

If you are thinking about buying this toy, I would suggest you know your dog and his chewing style. If he makes chewing his job, PLEASE don't buy this toy. No matter how strong of a chewer he is...his teeth won't be as strong.
review image
on August 21, 2016
I got this for my parents' dog as a gift. He has a long history of destroying all toys so I figured that even though this said it is for strong chewers that it wouldn't be around that long. After about 9 months he is still chewing on it. It is mostly just a torso at this point, but that is much more than anyone expected and it is still one of his favorite things.
He hasn't had any problems with larger pieces coming off or mouth injuries, but, really, you should always watch your dog with any new toy to make sure they won't be injured using it. I feel like that especially applies to strong chewers.
review image review image
on September 28, 2016
One of our dogs is what can only be described as a power chewer. He has destroyed toys in a matter of minutes that claim to be for heavy chewers.

I actually got the first one of these through a secret Santa for pets thing I signed up for. Some random person read my profile and saw that I had a super chewer and must’ve already known about these dog toys. I knew that it came from Amazon so I had to get more cause my dogs were hooked.

We have probably four of these around our house at all times at various stages of destruction. They key thing is they take a while for our dogs to destroy and they really enjoy them over other chew toys. We’ve received all the shapes, and without fail the first piece of the dinosaur to go is the
head. Then once the head is gone the dogs slowly tackle the rest of the body.

I would say that these last a few months, but that really depends on the type of chewer you have. Ours chew theirs for around one to two hours a day and they really last.

Being able to get them as an add-on item is the most cost effective way to buy these, I’ve never seen the price be any cheaper than the add-on price. Go ahead and buy a few packages.
on February 4, 2015
I always take negative reviews at Amazon with a grain of salt, all products are going to have their issues and typically people that have bad experiences tend to be louder than people who enjoy a product. This is an item that I wished I didn't take those negative reviews with a grain of salt.

We've gotten Nylabones for our dog before, she finally chewed through the puppy starter pack we got, which was no big deal because she's continued to get bigger and become a more powerful chewer. Reading the reviews on this I saw that people love this for powerful chewers but after our dogs experience with it, I disagree with anything positive that's said about it.

First off, the bone is HARD. Very, very, very hard. There is no give in this item, at all. Based on my past (positive experiences) I just assumed this was a tough item but had some give like all of their other products I've used. For a week or so, Peach didn't show any interest in the thing, it just sat. After a while it somehow peaked her curiosity and she chewed it every night. I kind of worried because it was so hard but she loved it and didn't seem to be hurting herself, so I let her stick with it.

However, this is the time where I went back and read to more negative reviews over and I saw stories of cracked teeth, bloody mouths and shards of plastic being eaten by people's dogs. Looking at the bone after a week of chewing every night, Peach had started to tear little bits of this off. For a bone that is for "powerful chewers", I was amazed that our Dachshund/Lab mix (she's on the tiny end of this mix, less than 25 pounds) was able to start carving this thing up. The pieces she was getting off where SHARP. As hard as this thing is, the pieces that come off are that sharp.

At this point the bone went in the garbage. Between others bad experiences and what appeared like could have been a bad experience for us, it was time to take it away and move on to another toy. One that didn't have the potential to crack teeth or ingest sharp pieces of plastic. I'd recommend to stay away from this one.
on February 17, 2015
I am a veterinary technician, and I buy these bones religiously for my younger dog. She is a very high energy dog, and this works like a pacifier for her when she just gets too excited. She chews on it aggressively and obsessively, and it keeps her busy for hours at a time, if I need to get something done without her underfoot.

Now - this bone is not good for all dogs. My girl is young with very healthy teeth. She's a three-year-old Heeler mix on a special diet, and we brush her teeth daily. So, her mouth is in MUCH better shape than most. As a result, she can handle these bones without a problem. But if you have an older dog, a dog with weak teeth or gingivitis, or a dog with a history of infections/illnesses/complications, this bone is not a good choice and will lead to broken/chipped teeth and mouth infections. For those dogs, I would recommend buying CET Enzymatic Chews instead.

But for my dog, this is perfect!
on December 2, 2015
My dogs love these Dino Nylabone's. Over the years I have bought at least 30 of these nylabones for 3 different dogs. Two of which have loved the Dino shaped Nylabones the best. The third loves the nylabone daily dental bone the best but the dino is a close second. The T-Rex is their favorite but they like all dino shapes. Depending on the dog's chewing mood these have lasted anywhere from a month to 6 months before needing replacing. My super chewing husky will chew one up pretty quickly in about a month, my moderate chewing pit bull would take 3-4 months and my slow light chewing shiba inu would take 6 or more months. I typically have 2-3 chewable items per dog (it helps prevent toy hoarding and aggression) and these dino toys are always among the favorites.

*These are chewing style nylabones they are not supposed to be consumed quickly as a snack or treat. I consider these like a hobby or activity for my dogs to do not something they eat or a toy they play with. Chewing is a natural part of dog behavior and is good for dental hygiene. Giving your dog items they are supposed to chew on is a good way to prevent your dog from chewing on things he isn't supposed to.*

These are the white nylabone material which is a tougher material than the beige color nylabones. The white nylabones should be used for aggressive chewers. Beige nylabones are good for light chewers.

The T-Rex is about 6" by 5" the Long neck is about 3.5" by 7 inches and the Stegosaurus is about 6.5" by 4" they all seem to last about the same amount of time.

I can usually get them for $4-5 on amazon which makes them one of the best deals for a chewing nylabone which is another huge plus.

Overall My dogs and I love the Dino Nylabones and I will buy them as long as they are made. Great Product
on December 6, 2014
Overall: The only toy my dog didn't destroy in 3 days.

Pros:
-great toy for the price
-LASTS FOR EVERY
-causes NO issues for the dogs digestive system
Cons:
-when brand new(first few days) it will shed white pieces from your dog chewing on it.
-if you step on this, YOU WILL KNOW IT, these has little numbs on them, and stepping on it at 3am is not a fun thing
-hard for some dogs to grip, BUY THE CORRECT SIZE.

We have an Australian Shepperd, female, 45 lbs, super high energy, super smart(its annoying I am not bragging here). She as a puppy till today has chewed through everything we got her some examples are:

-Giant Orange Cube (nope 10 days she pushed it in the corner at night, and ripped out the inside and chewed it in half)
-Kong toys for SUPER big dogs, (nope 7 days it lasted)
-$50 USD online indestructible soft chew toy (nope, 4 days, she untied the stitching and pulled out the squeaker and destroyed it)
on and on and on.

She would eat a tree branch in like 2 days.... Thank GOD I found these. Takes her months to break them, and if you get different sized ones that are harder for your dog to hold on to, it challenges their brain as well. No issues with her guts, or anything like that, only down side is stepping on them, and the little white rice like pieces you will find around when you first get them. But I would rather deal with that, then pay for a new toy every 2 weeks.

Would recommend to anyone any time.
on January 23, 2014
None of our three dogs liked these, including our little girl, who is such an obsessive chewer she chews and eats our house siding, our firewood, she even chews holes in our patio deck floor. Pretty much anything that's carbon-based, down the hatch it goes, with her. It doesn't seem like she really cares, as long as she can fit it into her mouth and chew it. Well, with these chew toys,she couldn't be bothered.

She chewed a small nub off the tail and gave up. Looking at the toy closely, I can see why. The toy is covered with spiky nubs that must dig into the dog's gums and teeth and tongue while they chew. Not in a pleasant, massage-like way, either. The nubs are sharp and hard., Think short, squat thorns. Who would want that getting slowly squeezed, or quickly jammed, into their gums? None of our three dogs.

I'm not sure if they'd like the toy without those terrible spiky nubs all over its surface. But none of ours liked it the way it is, including our almost fanatical and very very energetic young chewer. It just seems like a bad idea for a toy all around.
on January 30, 2016
I see there have been some people with bad reviews for this product, but I have had nothing but positive experiences.
I inadvertently adopted three puppies within three months--all abandoned at my place of work. They are now 11, 13 and 15 months old, but when I found the last, they were 3, 5, and 7 months, and one of my big challenged was finding a toy that all three could play with and not destroy instantly. We tried rope toys, but those last about a day at best. Fabric toys were good for five minutes. I tried some of the softer puppy Nylabones, which were great for the littlest--a thirteen pound Dachshund/Chihuahua mix--but terrible for the other two, a thirty pound Red Heeler mix and a sixty pound Rhodesian Ridgeback/Pitbull mix. I would label all three of my girls as medium-aggressive chewers, and these things have saved my life--and my stuff! They do break pieces off, and I sometimes have to pick little white bits out of my carpet, but I've had no medical or tooth problems (as reported by others) and it's great to have a toy that everyone can play with! Every couple of months I order three more, and they're always delighted to have fresh new toys. Plus, you can't beat Amazon's price!
on March 17, 2014
My teething puppy (chocolate bullador) preferred this toy to nylabone's teething toys and has no interest with his permanent teeth. He has the same reaction to the bacon-flavored hollow stick.

Before buying, know your dog's chewing style; not just based on breeds, but your actual pet. I have done a fair amount of research online, reading reviews, and talking to pet store clerks to find out this is not an uncommon behavior. Teething puppies are figuring out the world and will put anything in their mouth but may prefer a hard surface to push their teeth against into their gums. Then, with adult teeth, they may want to use their powerful teeth to destroy. So, this toy will likely fail to redirect destructive behavior because they will not be able to cause any damage. My dog quickly lost interest and started gnawing on his previously ignored teething bone, which I had to quickly take away after two days. He got one good day out of the teething bone, exposing the dental bristles, but was breaking off much larger pieces on day two and would have destroyed the whole thing in under and hour if I had not separated him from it. Now, I am stuck with two durachews and not quite sure how to spark his interest in either.

Pro: Teething puppy looking for hard surface
Con: Useless for powerful chewer that cannot dent