Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 598 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 677 reviews
on April 7, 2014
At first I wondered if it came with batteries. My dog loved chewing on it and I had to finally remove it when it got too small and jagged for him. Served it's purpose though. Again... it does look like a sex toy.
on March 10, 2016
If my dog was writing this review it would be a 5 star plus because he LOVES his bone! Max is an aggressive power chewer and most products we have invested in have been destroyed. We avoid furry tennis balls, and don’t even get me started on those stuffed chew toys with squeakers inside! With his strong need to chew, we have a couple “go-to” product brands that are passed the “Chew Test”. Nylabone is on that list.

Nylabones are durable and long lasting. In our home we can expect this bone to last our dog roughly 3 months before we replace it. We let our dog chew and chew on it until the sides are nearly worn off. When it looks like it could be a choking hazard, that is when we retire it.

When you get a Nylabone, the surface is smooth. As it gets more and more use, however, the edges become sharper and sharper and, pretty soon, your dog is running around with a sharp weapon in his mouth and you are hoping against hope that he does not drop it on your toes. It also tends to catch loose dog hair and becomes rather unsightly, but Max does not seem to mind.

Max has never broken a tooth chewing on his Nylabone, however one of his lower canines is bent forward from repeated aggressive chewing. Will he wear his teeth down from chewing this? With the power he uses to gnaw in it, I suspect he will over time.

Other than those sharp edges and the strange phallic shape of this bone, it has been a hit for our boy. We will continue to order this product.
review image review image
on July 8, 2016
UPDATE review! Now we have two dogs a and both are chew maniacs. We have had the first one of these since May, and because that one did so well and we thought with two the dogs would stop fighting over the first one, we purchased a second one. It didn't help with their arguing over the bone, because that still happens over both the first one and the new one. The picture tells the story of how well these chew toys work. The first is still going strong with only minor pieces being chewed off.

Original review. We purchased this for a six month old puppy Retriever/Shepherd mix who had destroyed every chew toy we bought typically within hours. We had tried everything, plastic, cloth etc... when one of our friends recommended this product. We purchased it about a month and a half ago and she loves the toy, chews on it every day, and it has not lost a SINGLE piece yet. She diligently tries to get it into chunks, but so far she has not been able to. She weighs around 50lbs right now so she is a good sized dog and has very strong teeth.
on December 26, 2013
Our lab carries around sticks, rocks, you name it wherever she goes. This particular style of Nylabone is exceptional because of the design. There are two ridges that fit their incisors perfectly so they can carry it around without worrying it will slip out and break my foot if she drops it!~ Also, even though not flavored, she likes to work on it slowly, which means for the money it will last a long time. We've spent a lot on the other types of designs and she liked them but they were either to destructible or too heavy for her to walk around with for any amount of time. For whatever reason, it seems to calm her to carry a bone around and this is the best designed, tough and perfect size for a large dog. She says THANK YOU:)
review image review image
on May 6, 2017
My Mastiff absolutely loves these bones with their smooth feel... at least at first. He is a very aggressive chewer and has killed some very expensive bones in the past, however this one always seems to last the longest and get the most action. Even though my dog is gigantic, he prefers the medium sized bone. He'll use the large bone but he always resorts back to the medium one and since they last so long I'm more than happy to keep buying the smaller ones.
on December 26, 2016
This is a hit with my dogs. I purchased the XL for my 80 lb Lab and my Great Pyrenees, which are average chewers. They've been chewing on this for weeks and aside from the chew marks on the end, they've hardly done any damage to it. It is hefty and should last a long time. I've been disappointed by how quickly they've gone through the regular (original) shaped Nylabones, and I can tell this is going to last significantly longer. For my Pyrenees, this is the perfect size. It's a bit large for my (big) Lab, and I imagine average size labs/similar breeds would be fine with a smaller size.

Downsides:
- alarmingly loud when dropped on hard floors
- painful when your sweet dog decides to gift you her bone and drops it directly on your foot
- tripping hazard (it's large)

For me, these small downsides are totally worth it. My dogs love this bone, and it keeps them entertained for a long time.
on November 11, 2016
Mastiff's favorite bone. Shape makes me giggle as well. My big girl is an extreme chewer. She only gets rice sized pieces off with her chewing which easily pass through her system. We do need to vacuum up the mess every couple of days. These bones last 4-6 months or longer depending on her arsenal of bones. She usually has 4+ bones at any time. This bone is her absolute favorite. She has a couple of these right now and she switches back and forth from the chewed nubby one and the newer one. We are always tripping on these things around the house!
on May 10, 2013
I think I must have one of the neediest dogs on the planet. He doesn't need to just be near me, he needs to be in physical contact at all times when he's in the house (which is most of the time). When I'm sitting on a couch, he lies on my feet; if I'm standing in the kitchen, he stands so close as to nearly push me out of position. Listen, I love this dog! He's more than my constant companion, he's my guard, but wants to literally be joined together every waking hour. He's about 100 pounds of Pit-Boxer, with jaws that I think might be able to shred a tractor tire in minutes. He so obsessed over this Nylabone for the first two months, he'd happily - and better yet, independently - gnaw on this for hours everyday, giving me a blessed feeling of spending time alone! It's probably time for a new one, as he's managed to reduce this original to about half its size. With this bone, I can sit in peace (without him lying on my feet or resting his head on my lap) to read, crochet, write letters, . . . all the stuff I want to do without his loving interference. If you have a dog that demonstrates his affection by trying to gnaw on your sundry extremities, or a power-chewer that can't seem to focus its energy in other ways, I don't think you'll regret trying this Nylabone. I don't plan to ever be without one. My dog loves it, and if it makes him happy, then I love it, too!
on February 21, 2013
Once you get over the errr... provocative shape you'll find a heavy duty bone. This is the ONLY bone I will leave in her crate. She is a super chewer and has whittled down the tip of this to a point but it has not broken off as any large pieces. This bone is the safest bone we own. We have had it for 6 weeks now and it's still going strong. I actually just bought a second one to keep in the kitchen. She has other nylabones (I only buy her the hard plastic ones and I always buy the biggest size available) but this is the only one I leave in her crate.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 16, 2012
Our Bulldogs LOVE this toy and so do we. First the shape is a great design it's full of all sorts of curves and areas where your pooch can get a good hold and settle down to a long chew-fest. Easy to carry around even the goliath sized Souper presents no mobility problem for our 10 month old puppy.

Our oldest a 95 pound 6 year old Old English Bull dog was practically weaned on this toy and he adores them. I can't even begin ti count how many we've been through which should give you a good idea of how much our dogs love these. The material isn't the newer extra tough Nylabone - but it's tough enough to hold up to Harley's massive jaw strength and relentless, no merct chewing fests.

Like all Nylabones we discard them when the ends fray. This is one of their best toys and an all time favorite.