Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Nylabone Galileo Souper Original Flavored Dog Chew Toy
Size: Souper/X-Large|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 21, 2013
Once you get over the errr... provocative shape you'll find a heavy duty bone. This is the ONLY bone I will leave in her crate. She is a super chewer and has whittled down the tip of this to a point but it has not broken off as any large pieces. This bone is the safest bone we own. We have had it for 6 weeks now and it's still going strong. I actually just bought a second one to keep in the kitchen. She has other nylabones (I only buy her the hard plastic ones and I always buy the biggest size available) but this is the only one I leave in her crate.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 16, 2012
Our Bulldogs LOVE this toy and so do we. First the shape is a great design it's full of all sorts of curves and areas where your pooch can get a good hold and settle down to a long chew-fest. Easy to carry around even the goliath sized Souper presents no mobility problem for our 10 month old puppy.

Our oldest a 95 pound 6 year old Old English Bull dog was practically weaned on this toy and he adores them. I can't even begin ti count how many we've been through which should give you a good idea of how much our dogs love these. The material isn't the newer extra tough Nylabone - but it's tough enough to hold up to Harley's massive jaw strength and relentless, no merct chewing fests.

Like all Nylabones we discard them when the ends fray. This is one of their best toys and an all time favorite.
on November 4, 2016
When I got this bone, I was surprised at how hard it is. It is an almost glass like, smooth, and extremely hard plastic (or actually nylon I guess). I assumed it would be softer. I was worried for a few minutes, when I first showed this new bone to one of our dogs. She smelled it, then looked at me like, "So what?". But after telling her repeatedly just how good it tastes, and finally almost giving up, I tossed it on the bed. I think she figured that it might be something that shouldn't be thrown away, so she went over, picked it up and started chewing on it. She didn't stop chewing that night until she was totally worn out. The wonderful thing is that even after all the chewing that night, she had only managed to pepper it with tiny teeth marks on both ends. This from a dog who has totally destroyed, within a day or two, every other type of bone we have given her. I am glad however, that I chose to get the "Wolf" size. It is just the right size for our 70lb Lab/Pit Bull and also for our 60lb Blue Heeler/Husky mix. I think the large size would have been too large for them to get their mouth around and chew comfortably. After 4 days of both dogs chewing on this bone, it is still in good shape. This really look like a winner!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on September 25, 2017
My dog loves this bone above all else! We first bought a Nylabone Galileo over a year ago. To this day, my 115 lb dog still chews on the original Galileo. Although, he has gnawed away over 50% of the bone's original size. So, we have ordered another Galileo for when it is time to retire the original.

My dog has gone through other toys in a matter of minutes, literally. This toy has been amazingly durable and my dog is still very excited by it. I highly recommend this toy if you have a large dog who enjoys fetch or is teething heavily.
on September 26, 2017
My dog is completely not interested in this. He chewed on it once or twice and now it sits alone. He doesn't even consider it an option when he's looking for something to play with or chew on. He will look for anything else and chooses to lay down and take a nap rather than pick this up.
on March 8, 2017
Got this for my Pitbull on Christmas. It's STILL here!! Finally a toy that isn't destroyed in 1 min.
on January 12, 2014
My biggest hurdle in purchasing these Nylabones was the getting past the price. 12 bucks for a chew toy is insane, especially when you can pick up rawhides for four dollars.

The problem is my dog is an aggressive chewer, the life expectancy of his toys are as follows:

- Tennis ball. Four seconds.
- Large rawhide bone. Three days. (unless he sneaks it outside where he immediately buries it).
- Large black Kong. Six weeks.
- Nylabones. Six months or more.

He loves these things, he currently has three of them and he brings them everywhere. He is, as I write this, sleeping with them.

Pro's

- Low price
- Last forever
- No stains on carpet
- No odor

Con's

- Hurts when you stub your toe on it.
- Heavy. The house shakes when my dog drops it.
- Because of the price it really makes you angry if your dog buries it in the yard and you can't find it.

Bottom line: High price but higher value.
on November 9, 2014
I have two pit bulls that have destroyed every toy (including the xxl black kong) except for the black goughnuts ring and stick. I buy these for my dogs every couple of months and it keeps them busy and takes them a long time to destroy them to the point where I feel we need a new one. They also like to chew on them more then any other toys they have. The only negative thing about this toy is the tiny shavings that it leaves behind, but they are really tiny and not even worth losing any points over.
on March 23, 2015
Fantastic toy for STRONG chewers.
I haven't used these before ( I buy a lot of these NYLABONE toys to donate to the local SPCA ) so I was t sure how the dogs would like the shape. So far they haven't gone for them the way they like the WISHBONE shape but this style does look practically indestructible and at a good price. TIP: smear a bit of Peanut Butter on your NYLABONES to get the dog interested
on March 30, 2017
I love Nylabone products but this didn't even last a week! It chipped and flaked after only a few hours; by the 3rd day I didn't feel comfortable letting my dog have it at all. My dogs are right at the top of the "wolf" sizing scale so they may be more powerful of a chewer than usual and need to go to the Giant