Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,838 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,271 reviews
on November 25, 2015
This is a decent set, the problem is if you are buying this for the movie's themselves. The movies come housed in these cardboard sleeves, anyone that has been collecting DVD's or Blu Ray's for any length of time knows that this type of packaging cannot support discs very well. Upon inspection of the disc's themselves I noticed several scratches on each disc besides the Blu Ray's (keep in mind there are 2 Blu Ray's in this set as well as 5 DVD's). The additional swag that comes with the set is the paint can, Christmas ornament with Kevin's face on it, a cheap looking plastic spider, and the wanted posted for Harry and Marv as well as Kevin's battle plan. I had ordered this the other day for $27.99, was it worth it? At that price it made me take a gamble, but it is definitely going back as I can't live with scratches on discs and take the risk of more scratches developing each time I take the disc out. So in summation, overall I would not recommend this set.
77 comments| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2016
Please tell me you're reading this review because you just want to see how much others love this movie like you do! This movie is such a classic and something that at 31 years old I continue to love and adore every year. It's a must during the holiday season, but I even get the inkling to watch this randomly throughout the year! It's funny with a great story to it. If you've never seen it, WATCH IT. If you have seen it, then you should also leave your own review on how much you love it so that everyone else will know just like we do just how good this movie is!
on November 14, 2016
A very nice collection, with nostalgic goodies and a good collection!

If you have never seen the Home Alone series (all five movies), then this would be the perfect collection to get the whole thing, as well as some trinkets referencing moments from the first movie.

On a collection mindset, this collection is a really fun one. What you get is described in the description: an ornament to decorate the Christmas tree, a fake spider to trick people, a wanted poster of the Wet/Sticky Bandits on one side, the home battle plan on the reverse, and a bucket to hold anything you want in it. With it includes a circular cardboard case that holds the five movies on seven discs: Home Alone 1 and 2 in both Blu Ray and DVD, and Home Alone 3 to 5 in DVD. You also get voucher codes for the HD digital versions of Home Alone 1 and 2.

Putting the disc holders with your collection, however, is a bit weird looking if you place it along with your Blu Ray collections. Since the disc holders is shaped to fit in the bucket, it's a circular holder nearly the size of a CD disc. With that, the collection will definitely stand out from your collection, not because of the movies or the art, but because of the size and shape compared to the standard case.

Overall, I do love this collection, as the movies hold a soft spot in my memories. If you down for a good Christmas movie as well, I highly recommend purchasing the first two separately, as they hold more plot and fun wackiness compared to the other three in the series. However, if you want a complete collection that has some nice memorabilia with it, do get this!
on February 17, 2017
One of the great things about John Hughes movies is that they age very gracefully. This movie is just as funny and relevant as it was back in the 90s. However, you would think that a very upper-middle-class family like the McCallisters would have a cell phone in the house, even if it were a brick. "Hi honey? It's mom. I'm coming back to get you, but I need you to walk down to the local police station and wait there until I come back. What? Yes. I'm sure they'll have doughnuts."

If you have any questions about this review, feel free to message me.
*[...]. Thank you.*
on December 26, 2016
A Christmas Classic and great fun for the whole family! I digitally rented this so my kids (10, 7, and 6) could watch this for the first time with us as a family. I can't remember the last time they laughed so hard, and there were plenty of joyful tears at the end. This is one of those movies that will stand the test of time.
The PG rating is well-deserved. There are a few instances of some mildly harsh language and imagery that would not be appropriate for young children (<10) to view without an adult there to explain some things. The first 10 minutes of the film is much more unsettling than funny. It's also important to remind them that, even though this is a live-action film, the interactions between Kevin and the "Wet Bandits" are not very realistic and that there would be some very real dangers involved in trying to imitate Kevin's actions.
Otherwise, this is a great family film and perfect for enjoying around Christmastime. There is a reason this was a box-office blockbuster when it was in theaters. It's one every kid in North America should see at some point in their life.
on January 3, 2017
"It's a funny mystery. Kevin's parents have so many kids that they go on vacation and forget Kevin. He's home alone. I think it's scary funny. The scary part is there are 2 guys that try to break into the house and one of them says I'm going to kill ya kid. So Kevin sets up booby traps. You'll have to watch the movie to find out what happens next. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!"
on March 28, 2017
I ordered this item by mistake! (Yes, the movie is fantastic--5+ stars). However, I did not notice that this particular version was for
Region 2; therefore, it would not play for my region 1.

CAUTION: Be sure & read the info under the movie title to make sure you're ordering the right Region.
on November 27, 2016
This is a classic Christmas movie for our family. I remember watching this as a teen and I'm really enjoying being able to sit down and enjoy it with my kids. We always watch it at least once between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Having it in a digital copy has been so convenient because we can watch it basically anywhere.
on January 24, 2016
Such Fun!! I watched this with my kids and it was more fun than when I saw it as a kid. Everything was so sweet and there was a lot of insight and forgiveness. But it was also totally politically incorrect (which I like)--the scenes with the burglars was straight out of the Three Stooges! Gratuitous violence is everywhere, with a cartoon ending where nobody really gets hurt. It's a really fun Christmas movie that you can just watch with your kids.
on January 22, 2017
As a fan of the Home Alone series, I had no choice but to buy the DVD (especially as Christmas approached). This DVD works very well:

-no skips
-good picture quality
-doesn't freeze if you leave DVD on pause or standby after watching DVD and walking away for a bit

Cons:
-The only con is that the DVD didn't contain the extras and behind the scenes shoots that are always enjoyable to watch. Considering the price for this DVD though, I still think you get your dollars worth.

Overall: I would recommend this product if you're looking for a great Christmas classic that the whole family can enjoy. The price is great for what you get.