Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 857 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,002 reviews
on June 25, 2017
Horrible!!! The entire picture rocks back and forth in this rhythmic almost circular motion, as if someone is holding a camera recording the movie playing on a T.V.! this was my favorite movie as a kid, so now I have to take Dramamine so I dont get sea sick while watching this... Thank god I didnt throw away my vhs copy! I have spent about 2K on dvds this week, and I am very dissapointed with the overall quality of most I have bought from Amazon; scratched, dirty disks, completely destroyed packaging...dvds advertised as new, then when opened they have mysterious sticky stuff all over them, and/or covered in scratches. I am going to return quite a few, but I am just venting my frustration right now.
review image review image review image
on December 19, 2015
This under-appreciated gem is one of the top ten animated films of all time. Its artwork - while not as glorious as Miyasaki classics - is bright, clear, and solidly conveys the plot. The story is as good as they come: smart, heartwarming, thrilling, funny, and whimsical. Kids will watch it over and over, while parents will enjoy the humour throughout this joyful tale of adventure.
on July 13, 2017
My 3 year old son and I both liked this movie. It has good animation and is entertaining for both young and old. However, it has a pretty scary junkyard scene where old cars get smashed by a crusher into scrap metal. The cars are singing songs about their lives before it happens which makes the scene even more disturbing. An ominous looking magnet chases the toaster and his friends, trying to get them in the crusher too. My son was literally trembling on my lap. Afterwards he was afraid of our living room ceiling fan, saying it was a magnet and was going to get him. Overall though, the movie was fun and it ends well. My son still talks about it and wants to see it again but I think we'll wait until he's a little older. I would recommend this movie for kids 4 and over or younger ones that are not easily scared.
on December 11, 2015
The movie is still great/nostalgic, but the DVD transfer is horrible. The entire picture bounces diagonally from upper-left to lower-right throughout the film. There's some slight flicker too. You'll get a headache, or sea sick.. whichever comes first.

This isn't a remaster, so I wasn't expecting louder audio and clearer visuals, but there's no excuse for a jagged ride through the story. It's like they used an old Blockbuster rental on a dying VCR for the transfer.
on March 3, 2016
We were so excited to find this for sale online! And for such a great price, too. The husband has very fond memories of this movie from when he was a kid. I either had never seen it, or couldn't remember seeing it. From a grown up perspective... it can be a bit dark, especially when you compare it to today's films. But I was pleased that it deals with some serious issues in a child's life; jealousy, self-worth, vanity... And it does so in a way that held my 3 year old's attention. While he may not understand the underlying message, he loved the movie and we've watched it a few times since purchasing. It's clearly the inspiration for Toy Story; some of the plot points are unmistakable. We later learned some of the people who made this movie went on to make Toy Story, so it made perfect sense.

Keep in mind this movie is older before buying it; it could have definitely done with a little enhancement before being released. But it looks as good as to be expected for a DVD of a movie from the late 80's, has amazing characters and animation, and the colors don't make your eyes bleed like some of the newer movies do.

Package came with a Disney rewards insert. Otherwise, it's just the box and the DVD. Nothing fancy.
on May 19, 2016
Really enjoyed the movie when it was released. Would have enjoyed this DVD more if it had been better quality. It honestly looks as if someone hand filmed a VHS recording. The picture wobbles, and the quality is extremely poor. The menu is high quality, but you start the movie, and wow...

Disappointed. Will try to find a better one, in widescreen if possible.
on July 28, 2016
I love this movie so much and have looked everywhere for it and amazon had the best price and not to mention I never found it anywhere else anyways! I have loved this movie so much ever since I was a little girl and I wanted my kids to see it and hoped they would love it as much or more than I did and still do. Well, I was right! They love this movie and Blanket is their favorite character. It was so nice to watch this with my kids and get away from electronics and have a family night. We did the whole shabang too, popcorn and soda with lights out. I am beyond happy with this movie and all families should include this in their movie collections.
on June 26, 2017
So it's not super appropriate for today's standards but I loved it when I was a kid so of course I had to grab it for my kids and they have watched it so many times already they love it
on January 16, 2014
I love almost everything about this movie...the characters, the songs, the animation, the surreal aspects, and the fact that it doesn't insult a child's intelligence or shy away from the ugly aspects of personality and dangerous situations. My issue here is with this DVD. It is horrible. The picture shakes back and forth for the entire film, and there is more noise on the screen than you will believe. It looks like someone filmed it with a tape recorder in a low-rent drive-in theater. When the action is happening, the shaking is not so much of an issue, but when there is a still or slowly moving scene, it literally gave me a headache (it's not a random shaking, it's more deliberate and repetitive, which bothers me way more than the "shaky cam" style of filming). If you must have this on DVD, I suppose this is the only option, but its completely unacceptable. If I still had a VHS, I'd stick to that.
on December 26, 2014
We LOVE The Brave Little Toaster and I'm just going to go ahead and say it in case you don't know it, there are three movies in the series! We have them all. I bought this for my grandson to begin his collection. I love that it has become a family tradition. That tells you how good it is. Great for toddlers all the way to elementary age kids and the grandparents who love them.