Customer Reviews: Rubbermaid Commercial FG1905000000 Scraper, 13.5-inch, White
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fall24 fall24 fall24  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on January 21, 2008
My wife wanted a Rubbermaid scraper just like the old wooden handle scraper she has because the old one is a bit worn. It took awhile doing research online but I think this is the same product except for the handle. The lowest temperature rating gives the most flexibility and that was what she wanted. So this product worked for me; actually my wife. She wanted 6 of them and would have prefered that I had gotten different sizes but I didn't find out about the size thing until after the fact. Of course it was my fault because I forgot to ask. Oh well... In 10 years after these wear out I'll try to remember to get different sizes. :)
on December 16, 2009
Saw the review for this in Cooks Illustrated and couldn't believe there was a spatula out there that was real rubber and I had missed it, but here it is! Just like the old Rubbermaids of yore. It is all it says that it is! It has a substantial handle a very good sized "head" and a little notch to clean the bowl. There are two handle lengths, a 13 inch and a 9 1/2'. At first I thought the 13" was too long, however, it has become very useful for many jobs around the kitchen.Rubbermaid White Spatula 9 1/2" I have found that they do not pick up color, at least not with my pasta sauce or food coloring when baking; nor do the heads pick up any odor, especially when working with pasta sauce and garlic. Ultimately a very useful and dependable tool to have around the kitchen.
22 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2007
I absolutely love this spatula. It is a great size to work with. The blade is flexible and conforms easily to a mixing bowl when scraping it out. I can't bake without it!
on August 20, 2011
It's strong, sturdy, durable, and the head is made of rubber. It actually conforms to your bowl thus scraping out every last bit of goodness. Which is why, in the olde days, they called these scrapers: Child-cheaters!

Unless you're working in a professional kitchen, or making double & triple batches of whatever, get the 9 1/2" scraper. It's the standard size for home kitchens.

The price is right, you can get it with Super Saver Shipping, and no cheap silicon scraper can beat this Rubbermaid for the performance we've all been searching for since our old-fashioned childcheaters bit the dust. Thanks, Rubbermaid, for making these available again!

Buy with confidence, you won't be disappointed.
on June 18, 2012
My ancient Rubbermaid spatula began to crack about 10 years ago...that's when I began the search for a replacement. I wanted Rubbermaid, but couldn't find any in stores. Eventually I purchased a Le Creuset, but I continued looking for Rubbermaid. Well, I found it here and ordered one. I made a cake and was happy to put my new scraper to the test. To my surprise it didn't scrape the sides of the bowl clean. I wondered if it was just me or what. I pulled out the Le Creuset and tried it. Perfection!...and I'd had it all the while. I compared my new Rubbermaid with the old one I still had lying around. Aside from the handle-change to plastic, the new one is a tad smaller, and both sides are straight, whereas the old one has curved sides that hug the bowl better. The old also has 2 curved "corners" at the top, whereas the new has one square "corner" which prevents you from getting a good tight seal with the bowl you are scraping. To my amazement, I now LOVE my Le Creuset, and will relegate this Rubbermaid to second-string duty. Sorry Rubbermaid, our love affair is over. (And the fact that it's made in China doesn't endear me to it, either.)

Update: Oops...I accidentally melted this one while stirring gravy (my bad; it's not made for heat). So I replaced it with a Sur La Table Silicone Spatula with Stainless steel handle. I still use my Le Creuset for batters, but I LOVE this new silicone spatula because it's flat on both sides so it's easy to wipe off on the edge of the bowl/pan (better than both Le Creuset and Rubbermaid) AND it's heat resistant to 600 degrees. (A bit on the heavy side, though.)
on November 20, 2014
I feel I must deviate somewhat from the crowd here on these Rubbermaid Scraper/Spatulas (FG1901000000). They are indeed more pliable than the gaggle of brightly colored rigid $5 ~ $15 each scraper/spatulas that the local chains insist on carrying (to the exclusion of anything like these white ones at $1.88 each). However they are not as pliable as the older Rubbermaid and Pyrex wood handled ones that have over the years now gone brittle on us. The curvature at the business end of these is also different and does not fit quite as well into the curvature of typical Sunbeam and Kitchenaid mixer bowls. I would rank these about halfway between those we grew to love and those bright colored disfunctional ones now sold in our local stores.

I would be remiss if I didn't register one direct complaint about these. The three I ordered all came with adhesive bar code labels affixed on the handles. When I say adhesive, I mean "adhesive". They would not peel off. We had to soak them in hot water, and still then had to scrape them off with our fingernails. Then Goo Gone was necessary to use to remove the remaining label fragments and adhesive. $1.88 each, plus labor. I hate those kind of labels.

UPDATE 12/23/2014): Farberware is what you should be looking for. Plastic handles, but the business end is shaped like those we knew and loved and the material is perfect. Pliable like those of old for scraping, shaped right, and tolerant to cooking temperatures. They are a bit pricier and I found Farberware in different combinations here on Amazon recently, but my wife found a set of (3) Farberware spatulas at a chain named Big Lots for only $4.00. Here is a link to that sku "". Appears from the web site that they are only available in-store at Big Lots. Hope this helps!
on January 6, 2009
The wife asked for a Rubbermaid spatula to replacement a 15 year old Rubbermaid that had finally worn out. Spent 6 months looking for Rubbermaid in any & all local retail outlets, to no avail.

Finally resorted to the internet & Amazon. Items received, as specified, in three days time during the Christmas rush for a very reasonable price, including shipping.

Wife couldn't be more pleased.
on February 25, 2016
When the scraper arrived, fresh out of the box it appeared as if it had been pulled directly from a dumpster. Black smudges all over the scraper and discoloration. This is not what you expect from Amazon.
on April 27, 2008
I bought these spatulas after realizing that I could not by Rubbermaid spatulas any more. They are working very well and are not overly stiff. You can easily scrape the sides of any bowl. They are as good as the Rubbermaid, maybe even better because the wooden handles can hold bactieria.
on December 21, 2009
I love this spatula! I love the smaller size one more, but ALL Rubbermaid spatulas are the best! What a shame when someone leaves a poor (1 star) review because of a mistake THEY made when ordering! There is NOTHING wrong with this spatula. If you make a mistake and order a size that is too large for you to handle how is that the spatula's fault? And why would you leave a negative comment about the spatula? DUH!