Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Size: Pack of 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 495 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 521 reviews
on July 8, 2011
These rings are kinda flimsy. Could have been made sturdier. Chrome plated metal that is spot welded. They are NOT dishwasher approved, since residue water will eventually rust them at the weld. Hand wash, and quickly dry, and they will last many uses. The recipie I use, is Alton Browns English Muffin recipie, from a site online. The dough is more like a thick batter. I have had better muffins by adding an extra 1/4 cup of water to the recipie. Thinner batter cooks more throughly. You don't bake them, you cook them on a griddle, like pancakes. Or a large skillet. I use a flat 11x11 griddle-pan I bought at walmart for 10 bucks. Alton's recipie makes for tasty Muffins, with more holes and crannies than most online English muffin recipies. This thickness rings, filled 3/4 full with batter, makes perfect 1 inch thick muffins. Perfect for Homemade McMuffin breakfasts. Note #1: Lightly spray ring insides and griddle with good vegetable coating spray. I use Pam Buttery flavor. Note #2: Sprinkle a small pinch of cornmeal in bottom of ring, and on top of batter in each ring, for extra goodness. Note #3: After the muffins have nicely browned to Muffin quality on each side, remove ring,and slip muffins into oven on oven rack (no pan or cookie sheet), 350 degrees for 15-20 mins to assure that sides and inside are throughly cooked. Then remove, and cool on cooling rack, before fridging or freezing. Damn, these are tasty muffins. Use a Med/low heat. Do not overcook on griddle, let the oven do the rest.
on December 22, 2013
What can I say? You get 4 lovely rings that can make many a delightfully quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I purchased these specifically for breakfast although I'm sure there will be other uses down the road. I spray the pan with olive oil & do the same to the ring before placing in the pan. In goes the Canadian bacon, ham or precooked bacon, place the egg on top, add a wee bit of water to the pan, cover & in a couple of minutes your meal is ready.

I've also used them to make a quick breakfast for 4 using a mixed scrambled egg version that has cheese, chopped garlic, capers, kale, broccoli & diced tomatoes.

Just whipped up the mixture, poured it into the rings, put on top of a toasted English muffin when done & before you could say 'Jack Flash' we were sitting at the table enjoying a Bloody Mary & good conversation.

Clean up is an absolute breeze as long as you spray the ring first, otherwise you will need a stronger arm to remove the egg that has stuck to the edges of the ring.

Con - not easy to clean if you don't pre-oil, Pros - easy to use, great for making a really fast meal for one.
on May 6, 2017
I am providing this product a 3 Star Review because the quality is not that great. I have used them only a handful of times and one of them is starting to rust and one of them just came apart. I was able to slide it back together, but it is loose and likely won't last much longer. The size is perfect for making homemade English muffins as well as perfectly round eggs or pancakes in a pan, just wish the quality was better.
on April 11, 2014
Me and the wife are on a quest to shed some of the schmalz we've been carrying around. To that end we bake scrambled eggs with ham, spinach and mushrooms until set, then cool and cut into squares. This we eat on store-bought toasted English muffins.

"Aren't you a baker?" my wife asked me. Oddly enough, I am, though by no means a professional. So I scouted around for a recipe, and it required muffin rings, or bamboo shoot cans opened at both ends. Not wanting to wait until we used eight cans of bamboo shoots, I bought the Fox Run rings.

They are perfect for making English muffins, and even come with a recipe (which I will not speak of here). The muffins I made, when split in two, were far too fat to fit in the toaster! If I sliced them into thirds, then they fit.

This is not the fault of the rings, simply the careless disregard for proportions so peculiar to my kitchen. Nothing exceeds like excess!

Folks who whine about rust, or de-construction, simply cannot read: DO NOT PUT THE RINGS INTO THE DISHWASHER. And be sure to dry them thoroughly before storing them (I put mine into a 200°F oven for 5 or 10 minutes).

I couldn't be happier with my Fox Run rings, and my wife is happy with her Private Collection of my English muffins. Sourdough rye muffin, anyone?
on April 7, 2016
Purchased this to make muffins & eggs to put on those muffins. The rings seem to be very well made, very sturdy and should last a long time; we have been using them since Jan. and they still as nice as the first day. The only complaint we have is even though we tried cooking spray, cococut oil & flour they still stick once in a while; for muffins & eggs. They do however clean up very easily & you might just have to soak them for a while. Plus they do not stick bad enough to ruin the muffins or egg. We had coated versions of these years ago that never stuck, but they handles that ue to get messy.

Pros:
Nice design and overall look
Made of metal, to avoid breakage
& Easy to clean

Cons:
Stick to muffins or egg, every once in a while

Overall, we like these rings and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new set to make muffins or eggs.

Disclosure: This product was received for a discounted price, however this in no way influences our process in product feedback ratings. Only honest reviews are given, regardless of whether a product is purchased at full price or a discount.

Thank you for you time & interest in our review; Greg, Tina & Family
on August 9, 2016
I wanted a way to make gluten free hamburger buns that taste good and have a good texture. I oil the inside of these, put them on a silicone mat that covers a cookie sheet (for stability purposes), mix up an almond flour batter that I use for pancakes, pour it into the rings and bake them until they are done. They make really good buns that we use for egg "muffins" for breakfast or hamburgers or sandwiches for lunch/dinner. For cleanup, I soak them for a short time in a bowl of water, use a bottle brush to scrub around the inside and then put them on the top rack of my dish washer. I love these and highly recommend them!
on March 21, 2017
Great product. Well made. I spray them with oil prior to using and they release very well. Even use them for eggs. The only reason I rated 4 is because I purchased them for english muffins but you can't make a full recipe at one time. I'll have to order another set so I don't have to wait to bake the rest of the dough. If you only bake a small batch or just use them for eggs, then this is just right.
on December 29, 2016
Just tried these for the first time today - the welds (or whatever is supposed to be holding them together) already let loose on two of the rings. One while they were just being washed before use, and one while it was being washed after use. Pretty disappointing quality, right out of the box! The "english muffin" recipe was okay, but not like what we (in the USA) think of as "English Muffins" - they were more like hamburger buns. They tasted fine, just like white bread, though, not like the "nooks and crannies" type of muffin that we normally buy from the store. I'll be looking to return these, due to the poor quality of the welds. Having them split open renders them useless.
on November 2, 2014
I'm going through a sourdough phase, and I ordered these to make crumpets out of my discard starter. I've never made an English muffin in my life, so I can't speak to how well these work for that particular endeavor, but I can tell you that they make FANTASTIC crumpets. We also use them for pancakes from time to time. My son is three, and he likes to help cook. These rings make pancakes easy for him, because instead of trying to help him pour out a reasonable sized/shaped pancake onto the griddle, I give him a 1/4 cup measure and let him pour the batter into the rings. No mess, no fail.
VINE VOICEon January 20, 2017
I had a paleo English muffin recipe I've been wanting to try. You can use ramekins but for the price of this set, I figured I'd try them and see. They worked perfectly. I made the batter and put parchment paper on a baking pan. I also gave everything a spray with TJ's coconut oil spray. Put the batter in the rings and baked for recommended time.

They came out great. I let them cool for five minutes and then carefully popped them out of the rings. I wasn't sure if they'd come out intact, but they did. I let them soak for a bit in my mixing bowl in the sink and they were easy to wash. Recommended.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.