Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Household Essentials Hanging Travel Bag for Toiletries, Cosmetics or Jewelry, Clear Compartments, Black
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 6, 2012
I hesitated to purchase this item because there were nearly as many bad reviews as good reviews. I couldn't find what I wanted in local stores and my 2 week trip was fast approaching. This looked perfect in the picture and the description...so I decided to take a chance. So glad I did as it was exactly what I wanted!

If you read through the negative reviews it really comes down to 2 main complaints: an unpleasant chemical odor and weak construction. Both valid complaints but easily managed. There was a definite chemical odor when I took it out of the box but I sprayed it with an odor neutralizer and hung it in the garage to air out - that problem solved within 24 hours. It is not constructed for rough and tumble use (c'mon people, what do you expect for $15). If you don't overload the bag and handle the plastic pockets and zippers with care it is an excellent travel bag.

The pockets come in a variety of sizes. At first glance I thought the top row of small pockets was going to be too small but that wasn't the case. Packing the bag was sort of like a jigsaw puzzle - lay everything you want out and find a perfect pocket for it. When I reached my destination I loved that I could easily access the contents by hanging it or laying it flat. I plan to purchase another one before my next trip for jewelry, accessories, etc. So convenient to have things gathered in one place and easy to grab!
11 comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2012
Yes, I know. You get what you pay for, but I still think $16 is too much for this - $9.99 would be more reasonable.

It smells pretty bad - no doubt about that. I don't know how long it would take for the stink to dissipate, but it's bad enough that I'm not interested in investing the time to find out. Aside from the smell, it's poorly constructed. I like the design of the organizer very much in that it has 10 see-through compartments making it easy to get to what you need right away. I like that it has a hangar for those hotel bathrooms that don't offer enough counter space. If they could use better quality plastic that doesn't stink or tear easily (the bag I received already had a couple of tears in the plastic), I'd be happy to pay more, but I don't see this lasting many trips, so it's going back.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2009
The travel bag is of good quality and has enough pockets as well as well designed pockets to access your items very well. The fact that it has a hanger comes in extremely handy in hotels where space is limited. I would recommend this item to anyone
on December 16, 2008
This is the second one I owned, buying the first year's ago from The Container Store. The Container Store no longer carries this model. I like it because of the open view of the contents and the different sized pockets. Packs very flat or I can fold it up. Hangs in bathroom of hotel so as not to take up counter space. First one after many years and hard travel the plastic became brittle and split open around the edges. I covered with duck tape until I found this one. Hard to find so I bought two to last me many years.
33 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2008
I bought two of these toiletry organizers, one for my daughter and one for my son-in-law. They had previously used ones that came with our luggage set, and I was trying to find similar bags for them. These bags are high quality, even have velcro to help keep folded. What they did not like about them and what I did not realize when I ordered them is that they are a bit wide for my daughter's overnight bag. The top and second rows are also individual compartments separate from the other compartments. I thought the top row and also the second row were one large compartment closed by a zipper.These did not work for our purposes but are top quality for someone who realizes these types of bags are so practical for traveling. When you get to your room, you just hang it in the bathroom. You don't have to use counter space or go rummaging around through your luggage looking for small items. I recommend this product.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2011
Weak zipper broke the second day I had this item. I did not over-stuff it. The zippers are very flimsy with only one weak stitch as another reviewer pointed out. Everything else about the bag is great. Too bad.
on August 5, 2011
I purchased this for a recent trip and it did not least for our 15 day journey. The hook came off the first night and one zipper broke by day 10. The top pockets are basically too small for anything besides a small dental floss. I would not recommend this item. I threw mine out.
on October 21, 2011
I bought this for business travel. Two months later, I had to replace it because two of the pockets had broken zippers. I guess I'll look for better quality next time.
on January 22, 2012
This thing has such a strong smell of creosote or some other chemical that it is unusable.

Even after airing it out for two weeks, it still smelled terrible. It gave me a headache from ten feet away. It can't be healthy to be around, let alone to store things in it that you would actually use. Having been in the landfill business for 25 years, I can say that no landfill would use such a low quality, toxic smelling plastic even to line a pile of garbage. Which is where this belongs. Better yet, would that it had never been manufactured.
on December 8, 2011
Ordered this to replace one that I have had for 10 years.
Am very disappointed as it is not the same size but quite a
bit larger and it smells terrible. The plastic smell is
very offensive. I will not use this product.