Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$4.25+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 2,684 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,609 reviews
on March 10, 2015
Wonderful family friendly film. I've enjoyed this movie with my children, nieces and nephews, over and over through the years. It's truly one that you won't want your children to miss out on seeing. Grab some healthy snacks and buy/rent/watch Annie today!
review image
on September 10, 2016
Outside of "Wizard of Oz," this may be the best children's musical ever made. Besides being enjoyable for children of all ages, adults can revel in this wonderful look at the early 1930s in America. John Houston, one of the top ten American directors ever, was in his 70s when he made this, yet he still had his amazing skill set to produce a wonderful story within a wonderful world. Aileen Quine as Annie is terrific in a definitive performance, but you can't overlook Carol Burnett as the often inebriated Miss Hannegan. She got a Golden Globe nomination, but deserved an Academy Award for best Supporting Actress.
Admittedly, the movie jumps in unexpectedly directions. It is easy to lose interest during some of the middle musical sequences. However, there are so many interesting and comic sequences that the entire movie will paint a long term smile on your face each time you see it. I have seen it at least seven times and each time I knew new things.
on October 20, 2016
My daughter just loves this movie.She wants to watch it over and over.I'm happy that she can still love such a classic movie even now in 2016.
on August 1, 2016
Annie is a classic and is even better on Blu-ray. As I say to my coworkers for most movies (there are a few I have had that look like they took the DVD and copied it to Blu-ray, they were that blurry), "it's the best it's ever looked". I think this, as most Blu-rays, look better than what was available in the theaters, at least for older movies. The sound was OK, nothing really outstanding, but at least the video was really good.
on August 1, 2016
One of the best videos if not the best my 6 yr. old daughter and 2 and a half year old son have ever watched. They watch it over and over while my son takes his Asthma medicine via nebulizer. It keeps him still and happily cooperating. They love it. They even pretend to be the characters when they are playing together. As parents, we love it! It teaches a lot about safety, what to do when in distress of so many kinds. It instills good behavior and fosters good characters. We highly recommend it. Thanks for making simple, fun and educational videos like this.
on May 10, 2016
I have always loved anything Carol Burnett has done - all her many years of her TV Show and even her guest performances on other Shows. "Annie" was the best of all versions of "Annie" (movies and even the Broadway original "Annie" and the revivals of same. I am so happy I thought of searching Amazon to see if I would be able to purchase this tape after I watched it on Turner Classics a couple of months ago. Again, I can always count on Amazon to find what I'm looking for when I can't find it anywhere else. Thank you Amazon!
on September 12, 2016
While, the tone of Annie's voice may be a bit grating the hundredth time your children have tried to watch this in a week the story is timeless. A young red-headed girl with plenty of spunk is taken in by an affluent man and his household, at first as a publicity stunt and later as a member of the family. This is a comedic musical--so be ready for lots of showtune-style music and a few good laughs along the way. There is alcohol consumption and mild violence, not as a focus, but present.
on October 18, 2016
My daughter enjoys this movie because of all the singing. However, the sound seemed to be lagging behind the video or would cut in and out so not sure what the issue there was. We have seen this movie before so it was not our first time seeing it but rather it was our first time using amazon videos.
on April 23, 2017
wonderful musical, fun to watch with little girls who haven't seen it yet. Some beautiful scenes that are classics.
on September 24, 2016
Annie i still one of my favorite movies! Watching this movie brings back so many memories. I went to the theater with my Grandmother to see Annie when I was 7 years old....seems just like yesterday tho! Now I have children of my own. We don't ever agree on a movie but my kid all love to watch Annie just as much as I do. After watching this at the theater, my Grandma bought me the Annie dress which was an exact replica of the red dress that wa worn by Annie....I loved to wear that dress!