Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base
Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Black|Change
Price:$4.99+ $4.52 shipping

on October 24, 2013
This jar base (officially called a "jar bottom cap" by Oster) is no different than my original base that looks like Bakelite.

My original base was expanding/swelling because I put it in the dishwasher. I had to push it down harder and harder on the blender in order to make it work (because the drive shaft didn't reach the bottom of the blade). Eventually, the jar base would have cracked because of pressure. I sanded down the ribs on the original base, in order to make it fit again, and now I have the original base working again. I was surprised how much I had to sand down the ribs, though. I had to put the sandpaper flat on the counter and move the plastic base back and forth, otherwise I got rounded edges.
on November 28, 2009
I broke my old jar and jar base by dropping them to the floor, so I had to replace both. This new blender base started to have cracks after less than two weeks of use and it finally broke in to two pieces less than 3 weeks after I bought it. After looking at it more closely, I noticed that it had 6 different small cracks pointing perpendicularly outward from the hole in the middle of the base.

My vocabulary doesn't even contain a word for describing how bad the quality of this thing is. What makes it even worse is that I spent almost $100 on the blender itself and there doesn't seem to be a replacement part of quality similar to the original. This is one good reason to avoid buying their blenders in the first place.
45 helpful votes
46 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on February 1, 2014
4 stars for product and 5 stars for AZA Mart.

This base is made of a lesser strength plastic than the original base, but it works well with a little modification and install procedure change:

- Two to three wrappings of duct tape around the base and trimming off the excess tape took care of the wobble when placed on the blender at the proper lock points.

- Use only middle finger and thumb pressure to tighten the base to prevent cracking it. Don't use a full hand tightening crank down on this base or you will crack it. Using only your middle finger and thumb will allow you to apply only so much self-limiting tightening force. All you need is for the base to fit "snugly" against the rubber grommet, not an unbreakable hermetic seal.

- Q: What broke the original more sturdy plastic base such that I needed to buy a new one? A: I broke the original base when I used a full hand tightening method after cleaning the original base.

- Either change how you install this base so it will last or prepare to gripe when you break it because you were too stubborn to change your ways.

- Obviously, try not to drop the base on the kitchen floor because it probably will break.

Don't hold your breath and expect Oster to create a more sturdy quality base like the original because it probably cost more to produce. I too wasn't happy that this base wasn't like the better thicker quality base that eventually cracked. Even so, with a little ingenuity and install procedure change, this base works just fine.

I use the blender twice a day everyday and have done so with this base since Dec 5, 2013 without it cracking. If nothing else, the duct tape wrapped around the base acts as a kind of wrap around shock absorber if I were to drop it. Even so, If it breaks down the road, TS, I know where I can get another one cheap and fast. ;0)
2 helpful votes
on August 11, 2017
The cap I received was not the same as the one shown in the description. The one I received only has 5 fins and seems to be made from a cheaper plastic. Screws on to the jar ok, The fit in the blender base is not the same as the original. The fit is snug, but I don't think its fully sitting on the bottom.
on August 2, 2010
I revently bought an Oster Blender to replace the one I had for over 10 years. After one use, the wall of the blender jar base split. I noticed that the wall of the base was much thinner than the old one I had. Looking at the picture of the replacemnt part, it appeared to me to have a much thicker wall than the one that split, so I ordered it. Regretably, the base that I received has the same thin wall as the one that split. I suspect that it won't last. The picture is deceiving and the price for a replacement is outrageous given it's poor quality.
20 helpful votes
21 helpful votes
on November 2, 2017
A decent replacement. However, the original was larger and thicker. Be sure to twist this on carefully to avoid leaks. It's better than having to purchase an entirely new blender so it does its job just fine.
on August 29, 2016
This blender base does come in a genuine Oster package and it is the same as shown on the Oster website. This is what they are making now. However, it does not match the item shown above, which is the older original base. What you get is a slightly different design and much lighter plastic, as shown in the picture below.

The item does fit my older Oster, and works without leaking, even though it screws a tad lopsided. Don't overtighten.

My original blender base is still fine, I ordered this one to go with an Oster blender cup that came without a base. My concern is whether this will hold up as the heavier part has. Time will tell.
review image
on February 9, 2011
I bought one of these last year as a replacement part for the original base (that didn't last too long either come to think of it)which split and cracked apart after about a year. I decided that I must be putting it on too tightly, so when this replacement arrived, I decided to be very careful putting it on to the blender jar. After about a month of careful use, it too cracked and fell apart. When I received it, I noticed to it looked different from the picture. Thinner and cheaper and more fragile. I guess I was right. Not impressed.
14 helpful votes
15 helpful votes
on October 5, 2017
The cap fits the base very well. The cap is plastic and looks the same as the original one minus one fin. The customer service is fantastic! I will difinitely buy from this company.
on February 7, 2013
I noticed our blender was starting to leak when I made myself and my wife our morning breakfast shakes. This can't be good, I thought. Upon further inspection, I noticed that there was a nice-sized crack in the jar base. Since I consider myself a rather handy guy, I gave the jar base a coat of super-glue, let it dry overnight, then put it back on the blender in the morning. Upon hand-tightening the jar base, the super-glue lost its mighty hold and the crack re-appeared. I was fairly sure I didn't over-tighten the jar base, but I had done a mighty fine arm work-out the night before, so I chalked it up to having a little more muscle strength than I thought. Regardless, I still needed a new blender jar base.

My journey to the manufacturer's website offered hope. On their site they had replacement parts for order. I was in luck. But upon clicking the 'purchase now' button, I realized that it would take much too long to receive the blender jar base than I wanted. I have a wife. She has needs. One of those needs is her breakfast shake. It is also one of my needs. I couldn't be without the blender jar base for much longer. That is when I decided to look for the Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base on Amazon.

Searching Amazon was very simple. I even found other replacement parts in case I needed to come back, in the future, if something else were to break. I clicked on 'purchase now', selected the free two-day Prime shipping, as I am an Amazon Prime member, and filled in my credit card and shipping information with joy. I knew that not I, nor my wife, would be without our breakfast shakes for long.

Low and behold, the very next day my Replacement Blender Jar Base arrived. I was amazed that it arrived a day before I was expecting it. As I tore open the package, I shouted with joy! Could it be? Yes, yes it could. I took the Replacement Blender Jar Base over to the blender, made sure the blades were lined up correctly on the glass jar, and I screwed the jar base on. What a delight it was to know that it fit.

I immediately decided to blend a protein shake, as I had used quite a bit of energy and muscle mass in the commotion surrounding the early arrival of the Replacement Blender Jar Base. What a wonder it was! The new base did not leak. To this day, almost 6 months now, it still continues to hold strong to the blender. I am now starting to think I should've ordered this jar base right after I purchased my blender. I think it would've saved lots of time and emotion.

If you or a loved one is in need of a Replacement Blender Jar Base, I would highly recommend the Oster 4902-003 Replacement Blender Jar Base. You will never have a better blender jar base.