Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Black|Change
Price:$5.49+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 378 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 414 reviews
on November 28, 2009
I broke my old jar and jar base by dropping them to the floor, so I had to replace both. This new blender base started to have cracks after less than two weeks of use and it finally broke in to two pieces less than 3 weeks after I bought it. After looking at it more closely, I noticed that it had 6 different small cracks pointing perpendicularly outward from the hole in the middle of the base.

My vocabulary doesn't even contain a word for describing how bad the quality of this thing is. What makes it even worse is that I spent almost $100 on the blender itself and there doesn't seem to be a replacement part of quality similar to the original. This is one good reason to avoid buying their blenders in the first place.
66 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We bought this for an older blender rather than having to replace the entire blender and it fit perfectly. After almost four weeks it has worked perfectly with problems at all with almost daily use. No cracking or loosening or trouble of any type. I was glad to find just this single base available for purchase without having to buy the entire parts kit also
on March 24, 2014
If you use your blender often enough you will break the bottom and run out of seals. This handy buy will take care of half your need.
on March 13, 2017
Fits my blender perfectly
on June 28, 2014
fit s like a charm...
on August 2, 2010
I revently bought an Oster Blender to replace the one I had for over 10 years. After one use, the wall of the blender jar base split. I noticed that the wall of the base was much thinner than the old one I had. Looking at the picture of the replacemnt part, it appeared to me to have a much thicker wall than the one that split, so I ordered it. Regretably, the base that I received has the same thin wall as the one that split. I suspect that it won't last. The picture is deceiving and the price for a replacement is outrageous given it's poor quality.
on May 8, 2011
The item pictured is the old-style melamine blender jar base that was virtually indestructible. What I got, instead, was the new-fangled plastic version which is imminently destructible.
on February 9, 2011
I bought one of these last year as a replacement part for the original base (that didn't last too long either come to think of it)which split and cracked apart after about a year. I decided that I must be putting it on too tightly, so when this replacement arrived, I decided to be very careful putting it on to the blender jar. After about a month of careful use, it too cracked and fell apart. When I received it, I noticed to it looked different from the picture. Thinner and cheaper and more fragile. I guess I was right. Not impressed.
on October 11, 2007
I wasn't sure if it would fit my "beehive" blend jar, but it did with no problems and is much better quality than the original plastic one.
on October 13, 2010
Received this replacement part today. Want to warn any interested that the one they shipped is NOT the one pictured. The one pictured is much thicker than the one I received and the one pictured has 5 "fins" around the outside, whereas the one I received has 6. I guess Oster no longer makes a true replacement for their product, which is very sad because the base was once of good quality.