Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on February 7, 2013
This thing is solid.
The Jet engine is s mix of plastic and die cast metal, which as a nice surprise.
The jet engine looks very sleek and is quite powerful.
We used it to push a train of like 6 cars of mixed brands up a hill of Ikea track and it worked pretty well. Sometimes it derailed, some times not. But it's a pretty powerful little engine and worth the money, especially since it's comes with a Thomas engine, is is very well detailed.

We were looking for a powered engine and this was a very fun, unique and reasonably price choice.

The only complaint I have it that there is no magnet in the rear of the engine, so you can only push trains, not pull them. Which is a shame. A lot of the derailment come because it's pushing the train. If it were to pull trains, I'm pretty derailments would be a lot less.

We're going to cannibalize a magnet from one of our older, cheaper train cars and see if we can attach it to the engine and see how well it pulls.
on December 17, 2012
Purchased one and it broke the day we received it. The jet engine car in the rear is motorized and pushes Thomas and the other trains around the track - essentially turning you standard wooden into a motorized one. A single fall off of the train table and the plastic portion that holds the magnet to connect to other cars broke. Learning Curve customer service was quick to ship out a replacement unit. But again, the day we received it a similar thing happened and it broke in the exact same place. I think it comes down to poor design. The jet engine is already heavy because it is metal instead of plastic, and then you add in the battery. Would be a really nice addition to the set if not for the poor design.
on March 19, 2012
Great item consisting of Thomas with a scared expression and a jet engine that pushes him. My son calls it "Brewster's rocket" because I got rid of Thomas and substituted Boosted Brewster. The engine is very nice and makes a jet engine sound, and has a red light at the tail. It pushes but does not pull. Sometimes if it is used alone the push carriage [first set of wheels in picture plus a yoke] will derail as it was really designed to push. I have noticed:
1. The engine is plenty strong and goes up even to the summit of the Rumble and Roll set with ease.
2. The engine lacks a 5 minute cutoff switch so the battery gets wasted easy. Rechargeables are a must.
3. The engine does not move so fast as to derail around corners. But not all track layouts will prevent derailment.

If you want a pulling engine consider the Brio Big Red. I own both and a rechargable Duracell set of four AAA [for brio] and four AA [for Thomas which uses 2 AA].
on June 24, 2011
I got this plus the early reader book "Thomas and the Jet Engine" for a kindergartener who still loves Thomas. He met a big goal, and this was his reward. He loved it. Because the battery goes in the trailer jet, the power is pushing instead of pulling. The train doesn't manage turns well, but it does climb hills, and it's just so cute. Makes a clicking sort of noise, light at the back of the jet. Takes two AA batteries.
on January 3, 2012
I purchased two of these jet engines. After purchasing the regular battery powered die cast engines I thought I would give these a try. I am so happy with them!! These are faster and so much more durable then the other engines. These have a mechanism that stops when kids push or pull it, where the others broke. Therefore this can also be a push engine. This takes two batteries apposed to one but, to my surprise they have been running strong for over 2 weeks now, the others barely lasted 2 days. I am so happy with this purchase, and am so glad that I bought one for both of my little ones!
on August 15, 2011
Our son wanted this toy for his birthday so badly and was super excited to receive it! The toy definitely doesn't disappoint! If your child has seen the Thomas episode "Thomas and the Jet Engine," this is one toy they will love. Thomas comes with a very surprised look on his face and that only adds to the fun of watching Thomas race around the tracks. Our son has been known to place other trains at various places on the tracks so they can comment on how fast Thomas is going, just like in the show. He also likes to have other trains "get surprised" by the jet engine also. Lot of fun for lil' ones!
on December 31, 2012
I've been looking for a battery operated train for the thomas track that can make it around the track well. This train is capable of pushing trains up hills but because the magnet attachment has a connector piece, the trains seem to derail too often. I think if the magnet was attached directly to the the train it would work better. I would recommend this train but beware that your layout may need to be simple in order for it to work properly.
on February 12, 2014
This comes with an unpowered Thomas.
The Jet pushes Thomas. Or it will push any car or engine.
It take two AA batteries.
The motor is really loud!
There is no magnet on the back of the Jet to pull other cars.
The funky front wheels on the jet that hook to Thomas come off the track alot, be it straight or curved track.
If you want a powered engine that works really good, buy the powered Percy.
on January 29, 2014
It was my grandson's 5th birthday. He lives trains, meaning he plays with them hours every day. This was his favorite present. He loved it!! As soon as he finished opening presents he grabbed Thomas with the battery powered jet engine, jumped up from the table and ran to play. He had to be reminded he still had birthday cake to eat.
on November 10, 2016
Great Gift. Perfect as described. My son loves it. Fast, Fun, Dynamic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question