Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on December 25, 2014
It's fun to see and taste the old candies you'd long forgotten about like Black Cow, Charmers, candy cigarettes, Dum Dums, etc. but some of the candy was so stale it was hard as a rock and hard to eat. Also, a lot of the candies in this collection are sold today in drugstores like Sweet Tarts, Atomic Fireballs, candy necklaces.
This is some of the candy we got:

Lemonhead balls
jawbreakers
Teaberry gum pack
gold mine bubblegum in a bag
Candy buttons
small sugar daddy
fireballs
candy necklace - not one I'd had before
sweet tarts
good and plenty one small box
Mike and Ike one small
now and later
a licorice pipe
Charmers one pack
Dum Dum
Sugar Daddy small
Black Cow small
Abba Zaba

Some of these were in small boxes, some just loose candy pieces wrapped or one piece on a stick.
on April 8, 2016
Filled with lots of little candies. Pretty nice assortment. I was really counting on the wax lips and teaberry gum, but they weren't in the box. Cute idea though. Packed well. I bought this when it was $25. Now it's $19. I should have waited. Was NOT worth $25. I would buy this again if I knew, for sure, the gum and wax lips would be included.
This is an amazing nostalgic trip to the candy store of years past. The box contains a dizzying array of candy that was popular in the 1960s. Many of these candies have been rarely to never seen in the years since. Some can't pass contemporary political muster (candy cigarettes or licorice pipes, anyone?) and some were novelties even at the time (wax lips, for instance) and don't taste any better now than they did then. Sadly many of the candies are now made overseas (the candy cigarettes were made, much to my surprise, in Macedonia), but they do look and taste authentic and are packaged nicely in a sturdy box with a bow on it.

One of my favorites in the box is the "Big Hunk" candy bar which I remember dimly at best. Although the directions for preparing and eating the "Big Hunk" on the back are certainly modern (and involve either flinging your "Big Hunk" as hard as you can or microwaving it), they are very funny nonetheless. I really love the "Lemon Heads" and "Cherry Heads" and I don't think I had seen cinnamon toothpicks for decades, but the real treat in the box for me was the little bag of "Gold Mine Gum" which is still as cool (and tasty) as it was years ago.

This is an expensive box of candy, and is probably not something you would buy every day. Having said that, you get about two and a half pounds of great retro candy presented nicely in a box for your money. I highly recommend this to anyone who misses the strange and wonderful candies of the 1960s.
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2013
As a child the most fun was when my sister and I saved up our allowance and went to the corner store for candy. My sister always saved more (a fortune totaling slightly over 15 cents [have you noticed there is no cents sign on your keyboard?]) and got the best candy in the display case. The owner of the store didn't have a lot of time so we felt rushed to pick the best stuff. I've ordered these gift boxes twice, for both sisters, and it has been a lot of fun to look at and taste. The variety is amazing, the packaging authentic, and the memories flow. After a number of years I was encouraged to confess to my sister that it was I, and not an errant mouse, who took the Double Bubble gum from her stash. I feel better now.
on March 17, 2013
I got this as a gift for my Aunt. She was born in '55 so the 60's candy box was a good match for her. She spent the whole day enjoying a blast from her past and it put her in a pretty great mood. Be warned, the recipient will be in a mood to reminisce! Not a problem with my Aunt but if the person you're giving it to is a horrible story-teller... Run. Run while you can.
on March 12, 2016
I am writing this review because the company asked twice and I did not respond the first time out of kindness and because I think the "idea" is cool. The candy was stale and unimaginative. There was more shredded paper in the box than candy. Some pieces were so stale and hard I was afraid the gift would end up breaking teeth. Great idea poor results.
on August 24, 2012
Candy set arrived, packaged very well--so well that I left my first ever positive packaging feedback! The box was surprisingly heavy, and pretty full, it only had paper stuffing at the top, where the box is triangular...so yes, the box is pretty full. The candy set was a good mix of full-size and trial size candies, many of which I'd never heard of, some that I remember seeing when I was really young. It's a good mix for a gift because they can taste a little of this and a little of that, or share, etc. Very satisfied, will likely be ordering more for gifts in the future!
on May 3, 2013
I saw on one of the reviews someone said their candy was stale. None of my candy was stale, I cant test it all in one day but perhaps they didn't like the type of candy. You don't get chocolate for as little as this box costs but there is PLENTY in it for the price. Lots of Jawbreakers, black cow and fruit chews, taffy, candy necklace, candy cigarettes, 3 kinds of gum or more, sweet tarts, smarties, licorice, fireballs, necco wafers. A good buy, would be something a few kids could share.
on January 4, 2016
The Tootsie rolls were as hard as a rock, as were some others. Not many unique candies.A lot were ones that originated inthe 60's, that you could still go buy new today.
on March 23, 2013
THIS BOX OF CANDY IS ALL OF YOUR CHILDHOOD PENNIES CANDIES THAT WAS SOLD IN THE LITTLE CORNER STORE IN THE NEIGHBOR HOOD WHERE EVERYBODY, HAD A SWEET TOOTH, AND THEY KNEW WHERE THEY COULD FIND ALL OF THEIR CRAVINGS AND THEIR FAVORITE TASTING GOODIES, I BOUGHT THIS TO MAKE MY NIECES AND MY GRAND KIDS EASTER BASKETS OUT OF AND IT EXCEEDED IN EXPECTATIONS. A MUST BUY!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.