Customer Reviews: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 $25 Back with $50 Purchase Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Size: 2.64-Pound|Change

on August 9, 2013
Like most young boys, I wanted a pet turtle. In 1989 my mother reluctantly granted that wish...twice. My two guys have been eating ReptoMin sticks ever since. As I grew more educated, I of course varied their diets. And like spoiled children, my two turts often balked at food outside of the ReptoMin stick variety. Oddly enough, I have even seen my one snub an off-brand stick. The new resealable bag is great. I didn't know I'd be buying this stuff for as long as I have, but it does put a smile on my face each time I restock and think about how long I've cared for these two ectothermic friends.
on June 26, 2007
I have a young painted turtle, and I had to find some food for it. I read some reviews of the ReptoMin foodsticks throughout the internet, and I figured I'd go with it. So, I go here to Amazon (because they have everything, no joke), find it in no time, and click the buy button. A couple days later, the stuff ships, and to my suprise, this isn't some small-fry food shaker. This is the mondo-ultra kingsize box when you compare it to the size of my turtle. I'll be glad in the future, because I know I won't have to reorder it anytime soon. Anyways...

I take out a couple pieces of food, and drop them in the water for the turtle to go at. Right away, the little booger turns around, sees the food, and takes after it. This stuff is like a turtle's delicious cake. Naturally, I found out that I had to soak it for a few minutes to let it soften up for the young turtle to be able to eat, but it doesn't matter to the turtle, he just loves the stuff (well, don't soak it too long or all of the flavor will dilute). He never did go through any kind of "Hmm, I've never seen this before, therefore it's probably gross. I won't eat it" type of stage. He dove right in. I've been feeding it to him for a little over a month now, and he's growing quite rapidly (I don't actually know the gender yet, fyi, you can't tell on young turtles such as this one). What can I say, he loves this stuff. I'd recommend it with full force, and when the time eventually comes, I'll buy it again.
on December 15, 2015
My turtle loves this food. Sticks are small enough for his tiny mouth so i dont have to brake em. I wish i could buy organic food cause im not crazy about some of the ingredients-like colorants blue 2 lake, yellow 6 lake. This food will turn water greenish brown if turtle doesnt eat it right away. This 10,59oz jar is huge and great value, much cheaper than buying in pet store. First ongredients: fish meal, wheat starch, dried ueast, corn flour, shrimp meal, wheat gluten, potato protein, soybean meal, soybean oil etc.
It has a few vitamins like riboflavin, b12, E, niacin, A, K. It's made in Germany
on August 7, 2013
I feed the office red eared sliders some ReptoMin in between their semi-weekly comet buffet. They certainly gobble them up. And this is an amazing price, especially considering how much local stores charge for a just a few ounces.
on April 5, 2016
I hate the brown round pellets. They mess up my turtle tank water so bad. My red eared slider also doesn't seem to really like them so they float around and just clog up the filter. These pellets are great. I never have any issues. They float and my turtle likes them. Whatever he doesn't eat right away still holds together for a long time and he eventually gets to eat them all without the water getting muddy. I am sticking to these!
on July 26, 2016
We just introduced two slider turtles into our fish pond. While the turtle WILL eat the fish food pellets, they also seem to really like the Reptomin sticks. And, the fish aren't as interested in the sticks...although some of the bigger fish will eat one. I just feed the fish first and then put in the Reptomin. It floats for a long time so the turtle have plenty of time to find it and eat it. I also feed the turtles some fresh fruit and veggies chopped small once a day right at the edge of the pond in the shallow water. Just as a warning to folks with a pond who are considering getting a turtle, all those expensive water lily plants you see in the photo were destroyed withing a week after getting the turtles...there are few plants that they won't munch on!
review image
on August 7, 2013
While pet-sitting a red-eared slider, my husband and I found that the small turtle we are watching loves these sticks. Though we have to break the sticks into smaller pieces, because it's a baby turtle we're watching, the sticks do float for a few hours (if they aren't eaten right away) and they are easily broken to a perfect size for her little mouth. She prefers these sticks over all the other things we feed her, so they must be pretty tasty, but I would always suggest feeding real foods as well as this product, even though this is a great product, since an important key to a healthy pet is the right kind of diversity in their diet. I highly recommend this product to owners or keepers of aquatic turtles, especially red-eared sliders, since I'm especially aware of their taste for it.
on March 4, 2016
I have been feeding this to my turtles for years and it is the best. I have had to buy other brands in a pinch a few times, but my little guys seem to love this the best. The last time I had to buy something different because the store I usually buy this from was out of the Tetra and they wouldn't eat that at all. I figured they'd eat when they got hungry enough, but when they hadn't touched it after 3 days I went and found another place that had this in stock and they were excited to eat again, so this is now the only brand I will buy for my turtles.
Also, after buying this other places, I found a place locally that was cheaper than everyone else and have been purchasing from them for about 4 years now, but it is even $3 less here on Amazon and free shipping with Prime, so this is now the place I will be going to when I need to stock up for my turtles!
on September 26, 2016
Such a great buy! I've been feeding a Painted Water Turtle and 2 Sliders with the ReptoMin for over 14 years. Buying the small containers from the pet store got too expensive. I'm happy to buy the large bag and place the pellets into air-tight Mason Jars, until I need to open a new one. The bag has a reseal, which also works great. I need to make the most of my money for feeding littles mouths and this bag of RetroMin is SUCH a great deal! Highly recommend!
on July 23, 2016
I think I've been buying this product for 20+ years. I love it because my turtles love it. Keep the lid on, it does have a 'smell'. Don't overfeed. I break the pieces into half or even thirds for baby or juvenile turtles. I supplement their diet with anacharis and other aquatic vegetation (never from the wild). My turtles are healthy and yes I do occasionally take them to an exotic pet vet for a check up and their blood work is always good.