Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,501 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,792 reviews
on June 26, 2016
The Bluray transfer is pretty solid, the picture looks great, but there's not much in the way of features. You get the original trailer and a couple of tv spots, but that's it. This came out at a time when that sort of stuff wasn't common anyway, so it's not overly surprising, but it's worth noting.

Also, this movie is currently not available with ultraviolet (I hope that changes), so it neither comes with a UV insert, nor can it be converted via disc to digital. Still totally worth the price of admission, but worth noting.
on July 19, 2016
The Sandlot is one of the best sports movies of all time even though it's often overlooked. Chronicling the story of a young boy in the 1950's who is searching for acceptance among his peers. This acceptance is found through America's pasttime, baseball. Out of this background develops a plot that has this group of boys going up against a neighborhood urban legend. Anyone who remembers the days of leaving home in the morning and riding your bike with your friends all day will instantly connect with the nostalgia found in this friend. I was born 25 years after the setting of the movie but I found myself identifying with it's characters and themes. A must watch for all baseball fans and a good watch for everyone else.
The, original, "THE SANDLOT", of course is better than the other two-parts of the trilogy. I've always loved time-travel/
alternate reality movies, so I'd rate this the best; #3 is a close-second [for reasons I mentioned]; #2 is actually a rework-
ing of the first... down to repeated lines with updated scenes from it as well.
on June 16, 2017
A modern classic! This film takes us back to the golden age of safe neighborhoods, block parties, summers with your pals, and good ol' baseball. For those looking for nostalgia, or sports, or comedy, or a film about young friendship, this is a movie for you! Kids and adults alike will love it.
on June 12, 2017
Movie was in perfect condition and was exactly as described. Our summer campers will love it!
Very happy with my purchase and I would recommend this seller to anyone.
Thank you!
on April 19, 2016
My son, parents, and everyone in my family loved this movie.The attention to detail in the background surroundings (cars, pharmacy, swimming pool) worked well and brought me back to that time period well.
on June 9, 2016
terrific movie that captures the innocence of the time, but leaves in the grit (swear words, girl ogling) that's such a big part of the boy culture in pre-Vietnam America. Also, love the benevolence and grace of Benny who serves as a great silver screen role model. Hate the Dodgers, but love this movie - a truly American tale.
on January 8, 2017
Loved this from my childhood and have been happy to share it with my kids. It's a wonderful story of baseball and childhood innocence.
on June 13, 2016
This is a classic in my house! My children grew up watching The Sandlot over and over again. Now the tradition is being passed down to my grandkids. It's a really good family moving that, if your children and granchildren are like mine, will stayed glued to it till the end. Wish they still made movies like these.
on March 15, 2017
Had to have this movie for my collection. Watched it many times with my granddaughter. Love it.