Top critical review
My dogs LOVE the flavor --- but here's the BIG problem
on May 15, 2017
If I could give this zero stars, I would. My dogs LOVE the flavor --- but here's the BIG problem. They are NOT highly digestible and Amazon won't give a refund. On May 5, 2017, my shih tzu swallowed one. He got very sick and his stomach was extremely distended. I took him to my vet where he stayed for approximately 7-8 while they continued to radiograph his stomach which was huge from the bloating and gas distention. After 8 hours, they thought the bone had finally digested. On May 15th, I stuffed one inside a Kong so that he would chew it slowly (I hoped). He bit the end off and swallowed it but it got stuck in his esophagus. He was retching, swelling, and foaming at the mouth. I took him to the UF Small Animal Hospital, where they did emergency surgery on him...fortunately, they were able to pull the piece of Nylabone out with an endoscope. During the over 3-hour procedure, they discovered something in his stomach. It was an undigested piece of Nylabone, which they were able to remove. I am in negotiations with Nylabone as present because of this. It cost me over $2,000 in vet bills, plus the unrefunded (by Amazon) cost of the bag of bones ... most importantly, my dog nearly died TWICE from these bones which as mislabled as highly digestible. If one gets into your dog's stomach, it will cause gases to form and swell the dog's stomach to about 4 times it's size; alone with vomiting, foaming at the mouth, retching, and being unable to even walk due to the pain.