Customer Reviews: Nylabone Dura Chew Regular Bone Dog Chew Toy Value Pack
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 $25 Back with $50 Purchase Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Cycling on Amazon

Flavor Name: Chocolate/Original|Size: Regular/Small|Change
Price:$5.59+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 16, 2011
I swear we have a dozen of these things lying around our house! Our dogs LOVE them. We have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that range from 11 to 24 lbs and they are the perfect size for them. Our dogs will seek them out and just lay on the rug or on their pillow just chewing them. They help with plaque, too. Our vet says that all of our dogs teeth look good and we never brush, just give them access to Nylabones, and give them the occasional dental treat.

All of our Cavaliers are MAJOR chewers, the kind that will destroy toys, tennis balls, your shoes, phone, etc. As long as we keep the Nylabones accessible, they chew other stuff a lot less.

One warning: Stepping on the chewed end of a Nylabone with bare feet in the dark WILL cause great pain and yelling. Those suckers are SHARP. :-D
22 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2011
We have six assorted sized dachshunds all heavy chewers. This is the favorite toy/treat of all six. Even though there are always more than enough bones to go around they always want the bone another dog has. They will patiently watch each other and as soon as the one chewing on bone loses interest they will swoop in and grab the bone for themselves. They all get excited when we open a new pack. We buy the three pack.
on August 1, 2015
We bought this 3-pack of Nylabones in late January 2015, so we have now had them for more than 6 months. And our 8-month old golden retriever is still loving them. When I compare the cost-per-use of these bones vs. rawhide bones, the cost savings is excellent. My wife used to purchase $20 bags of rawhide bones at Target. Our dog would mow down a rawhide bone in about 2 hours. So, you can go through that $20 purchase in a hurry, unless you really ration them out slowly to your dog. You could easily be spending $20-$40 per month (or more, if you're crazy) on rawhide bones for your dog.

Contrast that experience with the Nylabone; these bones are so tough and hardy that your dog will be working on them for years. We keep all 3 from the pack out in the house, and our golden still takes hours each day working on the bones. We are also dog-sitting right now, and so we have two dogs enjoying the Nylabones (and thereby bringing us some peace and quiet) for lengthy stretches of time. With a $5 initial cost, we are currently sitting at less than $1 per month for all kinds of enjoyment for our dog. That's what I call value hunting.

One note from our experience: the best way to help your dog enjoy the Nylabone is to not offer your pup other alternatives for chewing. For instance, when our golden knew that rawhides were an option for her, the Nylabones become comparatively less attractive to her. But, when the Nylabones are the only thing available, they inherently become more attractive to her.
review image
on February 22, 2011
very good quality! My monster chewers... size medium and small... LOVE these and they last for a verry long time... They are SMALL though.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 14, 2016
My older dog has never been much of a chewer and she never paid any attention to the Nylabone Dura chews. We had several in her toy box and when we got our little rescue dog a year ago, she went right for them.

I was concerned, at first, because I could see blood on the chewed edges of the bone. I would let her chew for a while and then take the bone away for a bit. When we got her, her breath was bad, there was visible plaque on her teeth and her gums seemed a bit inflamed. Since she was a scared rescue, I didn’t want to put her through the additional trauma of a dental procedure so I decided to see how much of an improvement I could make on my own, by brushing her teeth, using additives and giving her Dura bones.

It didn’t take very long for her gums to toughen up. Now she can chew on the bones as long as she likes and there is no blood on them when she is finished. Her vet checked her mouth this week and said that her dental health is so much better. She is eleven pounds and the size Regular/Small Dura Chew works best for her.
She hold the bone between her paws and chews away.

This is the first time that I have tried the pack with the Chocolate flavored bone. She likes it but no more than the other flavors. I am pleased to see that the bones are made in the USA.
review image review image
on August 14, 2011
I ordered these on the recommendation of the vet. My little beagle loves to chew and chews up all her toys no matter how sturdy they are supposed to be. I am not saying she doesn't macerate the Nyla Bones, but she cannot chew off pieces, and it takes her quite a while to "make a dent" in them.
on May 3, 2016
Our 2 dogs like to chew on these flavored bones continuously. And whenever they feel frisky with too much energy, they even play with their bones and throw them up in the air! Talk about a multi-purpose product: it's not only a pooch entertainment, most of all it keeps their teeth clean. We're happy customers!
on September 20, 2016
My dog wouldn't have anything to do with this bone. I thought that since it is advertised as having a "chocolate flavor" for one of them and "original flavor" for the other two that they would be more attractive to my dog than another Nylabone I purchased, but my dog just sniffed them and walked away and wouldn't have anything to do with them. My dog will chew on a rolled up sock or piece of blue jeans all day long and I expected him to like these, but they were a disappointment . This might be something that a new pup needs to get used too chewing on, but my 5 year old doesn't like them. It is not worth my time and money to try to return for a refund, but if I had purchased at a local store I would take it back for a refund, so I will probably end up donating them it to the animal shelter. I will not buy again.
on January 3, 2013
These bones can take a beating. For whatever reason, my dog likes the darker bone the best. We do have to order quite a bit of these because this is my dog's favorite chew toy and they will get sharp after a while. She doesn't care though, but it turns into a weapon for us (especially when it's stepped on!). She loves them!
on July 12, 2016
These are the perfect size for our beagles. They're also the only toys ours like. I like that these seem to be good for their teeth, and it gets the desire to chew out of their systems so we don't have any incidental destruction around the house. These last longer than a lot of other chew toys before it becomes time to toss them (you'll know because they stop looking like bones and are sharp on the ends). These are also so convenient - small, flat, non-messy - that I can toss them in a travel bag to keep the fur babies occupied on the go, which is in contrast to the other few toys that will hold their attention and all require some kind of food (puzzle toys, mostly). The three-pack is nice, and the dogs really do seem to be able to tell the difference in taste (the lighter two are preferred, but they like the dark brown as well).