Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 14, 2016
My older dog has never been much of a chewer and she never paid any attention to the Nylabone Dura chews. We had several in her toy box and when we got our little rescue dog a year ago, she went right for them.

I was concerned, at first, because I could see blood on the chewed edges of the bone. I would let her chew for a while and then take the bone away for a bit. When we got her, her breath was bad, there was visible plaque on her teeth and her gums seemed a bit inflamed. Since she was a scared rescue, I didn’t want to put her through the additional trauma of a dental procedure so I decided to see how much of an improvement I could make on my own, by brushing her teeth, using additives and giving her Dura bones.

It didn’t take very long for her gums to toughen up. Now she can chew on the bones as long as she likes and there is no blood on them when she is finished. Her vet checked her mouth this week and said that her dental health is so much better. She is eleven pounds and the size Regular/Small Dura Chew works best for her.
She hold the bone between her paws and chews away.

This is the first time that I have tried the pack with the Chocolate flavored bone. She likes it but no more than the other flavors. I am pleased to see that the bones are made in the USA.
review imagereview image
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on September 16, 2011
I swear we have a dozen of these things lying around our house! Our dogs LOVE them. We have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that range from 11 to 24 lbs and they are the perfect size for them. Our dogs will seek them out and just lay on the rug or on their pillow just chewing them. They help with plaque, too. Our vet says that all of our dogs teeth look good and we never brush, just give them access to Nylabones, and give them the occasional dental treat.

All of our Cavaliers are MAJOR chewers, the kind that will destroy toys, tennis balls, your shoes, phone, etc. As long as we keep the Nylabones accessible, they chew other stuff a lot less.

One warning: Stepping on the chewed end of a Nylabone with bare feet in the dark WILL cause great pain and yelling. Those suckers are SHARP. :-D
61 helpful votes
62 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on July 12, 2016
These are the perfect size for our beagles. They're also the only toys ours like. I like that these seem to be good for their teeth, and it gets the desire to chew out of their systems so we don't have any incidental destruction around the house. These last longer than a lot of other chew toys before it becomes time to toss them (you'll know because they stop looking like bones and are sharp on the ends). These are also so convenient - small, flat, non-messy - that I can toss them in a travel bag to keep the fur babies occupied on the go, which is in contrast to the other few toys that will hold their attention and all require some kind of food (puzzle toys, mostly). The three-pack is nice, and the dogs really do seem to be able to tell the difference in taste (the lighter two are preferred, but they like the dark brown as well).
on July 25, 2016
My dog loves the Nylabone chew toys and it is a great way to distract her from chewing on things she isn't supposed to chew on. Unfortunately, she only likes to chew on one side of the bone which I find odd. Each bone lasts about a month with daily use. I do not see it affecting her teeth at all as I see no evidence of bleeding. My suggestion is that these toys are to be used during supervision as they can get sharp after awhile and that is when you should throw it out and give your dog a new bone. I would much rather use these bones instead of rawhide bones because I find that they do not leave any mess or remains to clean up.
on January 18, 2016
I bought these when they were on sale through the flash deals and I'm glad I did. I was a little hesitant at first because one of the bones is chocolate flavored but the packaging assured that it wasn't actual chocolate and is safe for dogs!

I have two rather large dogs and one of them can really chew. Usually we have to buy her Kong toys because she'll chew through everything else. Well they've had these for about a month now and they are still in great condition so I recommend these for dogs that really like to chew because these bones can handle it.
on April 7, 2017
Our miniature schnauzer loves these! When she gets too excited she will often find one of her Nylabones and "stress chew". When she was a puppy we would put a little peanut butter on the end of a Nylabone to help with crate training. As with any dog toy, make sure you watch your dog carefully to make sure this product is right for them...we have never had an issue with this version of Nylabones, but our dog can break off big pieces of the softer versions.
Enthusiast: Campingon December 28, 2013
I'm on my 4th puppy (since childhood, over 49 years)… this one could chew through a 2 inch steel door. She has 'killed' a lot of her stuffed toys, one bed, 3 blankets, 2 ID tags (while they were ON her), and various chew toys that are no longer allowed in the home. One rawhide bent down her throat, with her straining to get it out was enough… scared me to death (no more rawhides, EVER). My other puppies didn't really get into Nylabones, but this one loves them. She will get the ends to the scratchy stage in about 15 minutes. She seems to really like the chicken and bacon flavored; the chocolate one, not so much. Elk antlers have become her main chewing 'targets'- which I like- no smell, slime, or splinters. But the Nylabones are fine with supervision :)
on August 22, 2017
I give four stars because my dogs love teething on them. This is a really good price compared to the price at petsmart or petco. But these aren't very sturdy. They only last maybe a week or less for my dogs who are 13 and 15lbs. If you have a heavy chewer, this may not be the best product out there.
on March 22, 2017
these are cheap, and I can afford for them to get lost before they get chewed up (they last forever). The dogs don't LOVE them, but when they want something to gnaw on these do the job. This size is something like 6-8 inches and is a fine size for all my dogs from 20-90 pounds.
on July 5, 2017
I keep these on hand all the time for my French Bulldog. My previous dogs, a Japanese Chin and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, really liked them, too. The first thing my Frenchie does in the morning after breakfast is to go chew on one of her Nylabones.