Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Nylabone Big Chew Monster Chicken Flavored Durable Toy Bone for Large Breeds
Style: Chicken|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 19, 2015
I have 2 of these BIG Monster Nylabones, the turkey leg and the knot. I have 3 large dogs - two Pitbulls and a Boxer mix. All 3 prefer the knot style (pictured with my 50lb Pitty female). It is about a month old, and despite being knawed on by all 3 multiple times, it is in great shape. I will admit that the knot is a bit smaller than I expected it to be, but like I said - it appears to be the favorite out of the 2 styles, and even out of their entire toy box that is filled with multiple other Nylabone Dura Chews! I think the turkey leg is too thick on one side and too thin on the other for them to really be able to get a good grip to chew either end comfortably (and our male Pit has a GIANT head/mouth!) I plan to buy the beef at some point, as well as another knot or two! (Amazon by far has the best pricing for these USA made bones!)
118 helpful votes
119 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on April 30, 2017
This thing is amazing! All three of my dogs (see pic) have been chewing on this thing for four months now. The Nyla bone is in the middle of the picture at the bottom on the floor. They love it and even two pit bulls and one chi weenie can't tear this thing up after four months. It's strong and awesome!!!!
3 helpful votes
on November 10, 2017
Can't go wrong with a Nylabone. My dog absolutely loves this, and it keeps her entertained/distracted while I'm away from home. It also really does seem to help her teeth. The only drawbacks are that she's constantly losing it under things (the couch, the bed, etc.) and that it hurts like a #%#$^@ to step or stub a toe on. It is heavy, hard plastic after all. I'd love to have an even bigger (or at least bigger volume) version that doesn't fall between cracks as easily.
Enthusiast: Petson June 1, 2016
My (wonderful lab-smart friendly happy-go-lucky) pup loves this bone. I love her. So she gets new bone to replace old bone. She even happier. Woof!

She's had the original bone since Christmas and had managed to gnaw almost 1/2 of it. I finally took it away. She was very sad and desperately (and naughtily) tried to get it back from the cupboard I (unsuccessfully) hid it in. So it went in the garbage and I went to Amazon. The price was great, half what I paid at my local big-box pet store.

I really hope she doesn't break a tooth, my only real concern with this style of bone.
on March 21, 2017
Pit mix loves loves loves these! It is his favorite chew toy (and he has a lot!). I think the "bigness" of it makes him feel like a big man (as he is a smaller Boxer/Pit mix). He literally chews the ends down to nothing (but it takes him quite some time to do so...a couple of months before I need to replace). I have given him a lot of other nylabone products and this specific one is definitely his preference.
Enthusiast: Petson December 28, 2015
My dogs love Nylabones, almost as much as they love chewing. I have four: smallest is 40 lbs, largest is 80 lbs. Nylabones are the best chew toy I have ever purchased that holds up to heavy chewing. Well, let me be more specific, the Nylabone DuraChew bones and this Big Chew bone, has held up best to heavy chewing. Any sort of FlexiChew or DinoChew does NOT hold up at all. The DuraChew bones can last for months, and this BigChew seems to be the same way. They have been chewing on it pretty heavily, and it doesn't have a whole lot of wear. I recommend this chew for medium-large sized dogs who are heavy chewers.
on September 12, 2016
I have a expert chewer, 7 month old 54 lbs, Lab/pit/? mix who destroys EVERYTHING. He really seems to like this bone. We bought the beef version and it seems like he likes the shape. He was able to make some teeth marks in the bone after one day of chewing but it still seems that it will last him a good while before it hit the toy graveyard.
on May 13, 2017
seems durable but when the dog chews it , small hard points are created which are very sharp....my dog much prefers the hard rubber instead of hard plastic....like the black kong extreme which does not get hard points when chewed....
on October 10, 2015
Our Buck (pit mix) is 9 month old extreme chew hound. He often destroys toys in short timeframe. We've moved up to LARGE Nylabone hoping this lasts longer than it's smaller cousins. He runs around dropping & chasing it, then settles down to chomp away. So far he really seems to loved this one. We know with his size, breed, and being extreme chomper, it won't last forever, but nice to see him happily chewing away without pieces coming off and hurting him. Would recommend this BIG chew toy.
3 helpful votes
on June 4, 2016
Our dog, an Aussie goes through chew toys like crazy. Most last just a short time, a few days or less. They no longer make the ones that lasted a few months and were still 'chewable.' This one is HARD, no flex or give to it at all. Did I mention it was hard. Our Aussie is not real happy with it due to it being so hard, no real chewability. Is that a word?

If hard it what you dog likes this is it.

This much cheaper online than the big pet store where it is more than twice as much.