Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Style: Chicken|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,617 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,752 reviews
on March 19, 2015
I have 2 of these BIG Monster Nylabones, the turkey leg and the knot. I have 3 large dogs - two Pitbulls and a Boxer mix. All 3 prefer the knot style (pictured with my 50lb Pitty female). It is about a month old, and despite being knawed on by all 3 multiple times, it is in great shape. I will admit that the knot is a bit smaller than I expected it to be, but like I said - it appears to be the favorite out of the 2 styles, and even out of their entire toy box that is filled with multiple other Nylabone Dura Chews! I think the turkey leg is too thick on one side and too thin on the other for them to really be able to get a good grip to chew either end comfortably (and our male Pit has a GIANT head/mouth!) I plan to buy the beef at some point, as well as another knot or two! (Amazon by far has the best pricing for these USA made bones!)
review image
55 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2009
We have a large (100lb) yellow lab who constantly chews bones. We have bought several nylabones in the past that have met their demise literally a week later. However, this line of bones is incredible - it actually takes him several months to even wear down an edge of this bone, much less the entire bone. Worth the money, I can't recommend this enough!
on November 30, 2015
Definitely doesn't stand up to my big chewer! I have a 50 pound mixed breed who can go through a normal Nylabone in about a week. We decided to try this since it's supposed to be virtually "indestructible"...yeah, the picture below shows what damage she did in TWO HOURS! Definitely not up to the hype. (And yes, that is her in the picture! Lol)
review image
on January 25, 2017
After taking my doggie to the vet for his routine check up, my vet noticed a vertical crack in my dogs back tooth. He asked what type of chew toys I had provided for my dogs and I mentioned nylabones. He was not a fan. He said they are too hard and create sharp edges where they are chewed. Upon closer inspection of the bone, he was right--sharp partially chewed bits that would easily cut into a dogs gums were all over the bone where my dog had been gnawing. My vet said the fracture in the tooth was most likely caused by vigorous chomping on a rock hard bone with no give. After paying the bill for the tooth extraction, my love affair with Nylabones are over. Softer chews from now on!
Enthusiast: Petson June 1, 2016
My (wonderful lab-smart friendly happy-go-lucky) pup loves this bone. I love her. So she gets new bone to replace old bone. She even happier. Woof!

She's had the original bone since Christmas and had managed to gnaw almost 1/2 of it. I finally took it away. She was very sad and desperately (and naughtily) tried to get it back from the cupboard I (unsuccessfully) hid it in. So it went in the garbage and I went to Amazon. The price was great, half what I paid at my local big-box pet store.

I really hope she doesn't break a tooth, my only real concern with this style of bone.
on March 21, 2017
Pit mix loves loves loves these! It is his favorite chew toy (and he has a lot!). I think the "bigness" of it makes him feel like a big man (as he is a smaller Boxer/Pit mix). He literally chews the ends down to nothing (but it takes him quite some time to do so...a couple of months before I need to replace). I have given him a lot of other nylabone products and this specific one is definitely his preference.
on September 12, 2016
I have a expert chewer, 7 month old 54 lbs, Lab/pit/? mix who destroys EVERYTHING. He really seems to like this bone. We bought the beef version and it seems like he likes the shape. He was able to make some teeth marks in the bone after one day of chewing but it still seems that it will last him a good while before it hit the toy graveyard.
on March 21, 2017
I gave my 70 pound collie-golden (we think) mix this, and he was immediately busy for a couple hours. He has had it for a couple weeks now, and based on the minimal damage he has done to it so far, I would say that it will last months and months (he does have other bones he chews on, though). We got the knot style bone, and it looks like it is just the right size for our dog.
on January 21, 2014
This review is for the Beef Bone. Both of my 45-pound Goldendoodles love this so much that I just ordered a second one. I was wary of Nylabone because the products I have bought in the past haven't been that great--one was an original flavor red bone-shaped chew toy, the other the edible bone shaped treats with vitamins for powerful chewers that my dogs devoured so quickly I had to take them away. This product is the exception--it has lasted since Christmas and both dogs still love it as much as they did Christmas morning.
on August 16, 2016
So my 1 year old German Shepherd loves this...he will chew and chew on. Usually have to take away after about 2 weeks of his working on since eventually gets to many rough areas the scrape up his gums. One of the few toys that can hold up to his destructive tendencies. Only down side is they are pricy! But better to cough up the cash then have him chomping on the furniture. Recommended!