Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 386 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 418 reviews
on December 19, 2016
I've had this keyboard for SIX YEARS and used it heavily. It is the *only* keyboard I've found that prevents RSI for me. However, everyone is different so let me highlight what it is I like about this keyboard so that you can make your own informed decision whether or not it is right for you and/or will help you:

1. It's durable. 6 years of heavy usage, moving I think 3-4 times, being thrown around and put in boxes, etc... The thing still works just like it did when it was brand new.

2. It's big. If you have large hands or otherwise are looking for a keyboard with more real-estate, you will want this guy. The fact that the lower portion below the spacebar takes up quite a bit of room is one of the things that makes this keyboard so ergonomic.

3. It really doesn't get dirty easily. I think that speaks for itself. I am generally not one to buy into gimmicks but the Microban thing has definitely made a significant difference versus my other keyboards. Prior keyboards, I've had to buy covers for because of such heavy usage, they would get super dirty fast and even lose their lettering.

4. This keyboard has not lost any lettering in 6 years.

5. The number one reason for me: Tactile/feeling. This keyboard has very "deep" key-presses. For me, this reduces the "impact" on my hands significantly and makes for a much smoother, lower-impact experience. To better picture what I am saying: Think of running on a concrete sidewalk versus a dirt trail. The dirt trail absorbs the impact and lets your feet sink into it more than the concrete. This keyboard is more like a dirt trail.

6. That said, if you *don't* like deep keypresses, DO NOT BUY THIS KEYBOARD or you will be sorry.

7. I don't know if this keyboard is considered "mechanical" or not, but it certainly behaves like one and it is not quiet, it makes "blocky" sounding noises. But I value my health over annoyance so that's too bad for those who don't like that.

8. It's wired, so if for some reason you can't have a wired setup, you might have to look for an ergo wireless but if you're on the fence - why sacrifice your fingers/wrists over convenience?
on August 20, 2014
I purchased this keyboard for my home office, and after a week of use am already feeling less discomfort in my wrists. I was skeptical of ergonomic keyboards, but was curious to see the impact this would have on my typing comfort. After one week of use, I can honestly say that I wish I bought this sooner.

Wrist comfort was the main reason I bought this, and it has already proven to help in that respect. I feel less achy after work, making this well worth the price.

Typing ease of use is also good. A slight learning curve but it honestly only took me 2-3 days of use to get comfortable typing on this layout. No typos or anything at this point. The only thing I dislike is the arrow keys. Placement is non-traditional and size seems small. Still getting used to them, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before this is a non-issue.

The size of this keyboard is very similar to a standard keyboard, and the shortcut buttons on the top are nice as well. I use the "sleep" button daily, but the others remain unused. Probably unnecessary, but they don't get in my way.

I tried the Microsoft ergonomic keyboard (4000) in-store, but the spacebar was incredibly loud. I looked online and saw other people saying the same thing, leading me to look for an alternative. The spacebar on the Fellowes keyboard is normal volume and probably on-par with my old keyboard that came standard with a new HP desktop computer.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this keyboard for office/home use.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 1, 2015
This is a terrific value for a superb keyboard. If you're a split keyboard fan, you know that once you've tried one, you'll never look back. This is a USB (wired) keyboard. If you are a fast typist, you actually WANT a USB keyboard and not a wireless one. So this is a winner.

Here are the qualities I like best:
1. Split design. This allows you to relax both hands in a more ergonomic, natural, relaxed typing position. The keys are slightly angled, or splayed, so that your fingers can reach keys with ease. Personally, I find conventional keyboards too cramped and crowded to type particularly fast. With a split board, my fingers fly.
2. Two Spacebars. Each spacebar is easy to reach, positioned under each split keypad. More convenient than you know. Also helps speed typing tasks.
3. Built in wristrest is positioned "just right." Comfortable, large, and curved.
4. Board is "mounded" in the center (the area where the two split keyboards converge is higher than the outside edges). Again, this improves the ergonomics. Typing is faster, easier, and less fatiguing.
5. Speed buttons (silver) at the top of the keyboard. These let you quickly launch your browser, search, email, put the computer to sleep, increase volume, decrease volume, and mute your speakers.

My Wish List?
Overall, I love this keyboard (I also have a 10 year old one by Fellowes on an older desktop). HOWEVER, I would love it if Fellowes would offer a "Cadillac" version. I would pay more for:
1. Slightly softer keys (these require a firm press).
2. A truly QUIET keyboard. I am among the few, I'm sure, who are somewhat irritated by the sound of keys clacking. This board's not bad, but it's not what I'd define as quiet. I would truly rank this as a PERFECT keyboard if the keys were a bit softer and quieter.

As far as I know, this is one of the best keyboards on the market for split keyboard fans. Other brands are more expensive, but many of them have quirks I couldn't live with (like dropped keystrokes). I've never had an "oops" with this one. Any typing mistakes I make with the board are MINE and not the keyboard's. A+; Highly recommended for its quality and exceptional value.

Have a question about this keyboard? Leave a comment & I'll be happy to help you, if I can.
on March 8, 2017
I admit, I was a little nervous getting this keyboard. I had just sent back one from another company that look very similar to this one, if not the same, and a split keyboard. I have been having a horrible time finding a keyboard that is ergonomic enough to not cause pain in my wrist and fingers but also not have an unusual key layout (like the split keyboard had).
So far, this has been working out pretty well. The Perrix that was similar to this, and was returned, had at least 1/3 of its keys sticking, but I liked the setup.
I have been happy the Fellows keys are not nearly so sticky. I do have to tap a bit harder than my Logitech, but I am happy to not have the wrist pain.
I do wish there was wrist padding. I have adapted my own since I don't really see any that looks accommodating online, and it is working okay for now.
So, at this point, while still not perfect, I am happy with it and hope it has a long life.
on March 7, 2017
I highly recommend this keyboard. I use this for work and just replaced my last one which was about 15 years old. It still worked but was so nasty of 15 years of dirt and grime it was time for a fresh new one. Has great tactile response when typing, keys are perfectly positioned, and the wrist area is comfortable. I can't say anything about the quick buttons for e-mail, web browser, etc since I can't install the software needed here at work. If you spend most of your day typing than this is the keyboard for you.
on March 24, 2017
I am incredibly impressed by this keyword. I had the Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard for 6 or 7 years. I thought that was the tops but this blows it out of the water. This is by far the most comfortable keyboard I have ever tried. My typing speed is way up as well. The price is excellent. I dare say, I could not live without it.
review image
on May 31, 2013
I had a Microsofte Elite keyboard and this is almost identical, but I found the split space bar akward, it kept sticking and the keys seen very stiff and I had to put more pressure on them then I would normally. I found myself getting very frustrated with the sticking keys and the skipped letters when I didn't press hard enough. It is an okay keyboard and maybe it was just this one. I would try another to see if it was better, but not at the present time.
on November 6, 2015
This is the best keyboard I've found so far. I am a medical transcriptionist and need a very fast responsive keyboard. I just wish they lasted longer for me, averaging about 3 1/2 months.
on March 2, 2017
CO-WORKER HAS USED FOR YEARS PRIOR TO JOINING OUR TEAM . LOVES IT
on March 26, 2017
Great replacement for the Microsoft Elite. The only thing that I had to adjust to is the width of the spacebar and I often hit it instead of the ALT key.