Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 402 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 436 reviews
on December 19, 2016
I've had this keyboard for SIX YEARS and used it heavily. It is the *only* keyboard I've found that prevents RSI for me. However, everyone is different so let me highlight what it is I like about this keyboard so that you can make your own informed decision whether or not it is right for you and/or will help you:

1. It's durable. 6 years of heavy usage, moving I think 3-4 times, being thrown around and put in boxes, etc... The thing still works just like it did when it was brand new.

2. It's big. If you have large hands or otherwise are looking for a keyboard with more real-estate, you will want this guy. The fact that the lower portion below the spacebar takes up quite a bit of room is one of the things that makes this keyboard so ergonomic.

3. It really doesn't get dirty easily. I think that speaks for itself. I am generally not one to buy into gimmicks but the Microban thing has definitely made a significant difference versus my other keyboards. Prior keyboards, I've had to buy covers for because of such heavy usage, they would get super dirty fast and even lose their lettering.

4. This keyboard has not lost any lettering in 6 years.

5. The number one reason for me: Tactile/feeling. This keyboard has very "deep" key-presses. For me, this reduces the "impact" on my hands significantly and makes for a much smoother, lower-impact experience. To better picture what I am saying: Think of running on a concrete sidewalk versus a dirt trail. The dirt trail absorbs the impact and lets your feet sink into it more than the concrete. This keyboard is more like a dirt trail.

6. That said, if you *don't* like deep keypresses, DO NOT BUY THIS KEYBOARD or you will be sorry.

7. I don't know if this keyboard is considered "mechanical" or not, but it certainly behaves like one and it is not quiet, it makes "blocky" sounding noises. But I value my health over annoyance so that's too bad for those who don't like that.

8. It's wired, so if for some reason you can't have a wired setup, you might have to look for an ergo wireless but if you're on the fence - why sacrifice your fingers/wrists over convenience?
on August 20, 2014
I purchased this keyboard for my home office, and after a week of use am already feeling less discomfort in my wrists. I was skeptical of ergonomic keyboards, but was curious to see the impact this would have on my typing comfort. After one week of use, I can honestly say that I wish I bought this sooner.

Wrist comfort was the main reason I bought this, and it has already proven to help in that respect. I feel less achy after work, making this well worth the price.

Typing ease of use is also good. A slight learning curve but it honestly only took me 2-3 days of use to get comfortable typing on this layout. No typos or anything at this point. The only thing I dislike is the arrow keys. Placement is non-traditional and size seems small. Still getting used to them, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before this is a non-issue.

The size of this keyboard is very similar to a standard keyboard, and the shortcut buttons on the top are nice as well. I use the "sleep" button daily, but the others remain unused. Probably unnecessary, but they don't get in my way.

I tried the Microsoft ergonomic keyboard (4000) in-store, but the spacebar was incredibly loud. I looked online and saw other people saying the same thing, leading me to look for an alternative. The spacebar on the Fellowes keyboard is normal volume and probably on-par with my old keyboard that came standard with a new HP desktop computer.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this keyboard for office/home use.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 1, 2015
This is a terrific value for a superb keyboard. If you're a split keyboard fan, you know that once you've tried one, you'll never look back. This is a USB (wired) keyboard. If you are a fast typist, you actually WANT a USB keyboard and not a wireless one. So this is a winner.

Here are the qualities I like best:
1. Split design. This allows you to relax both hands in a more ergonomic, natural, relaxed typing position. The keys are slightly angled, or splayed, so that your fingers can reach keys with ease. Personally, I find conventional keyboards too cramped and crowded to type particularly fast. With a split board, my fingers fly.
2. Two Spacebars. Each spacebar is easy to reach, positioned under each split keypad. More convenient than you know. Also helps speed typing tasks.
3. Built in wristrest is positioned "just right." Comfortable, large, and curved.
4. Board is "mounded" in the center (the area where the two split keyboards converge is higher than the outside edges). Again, this improves the ergonomics. Typing is faster, easier, and less fatiguing.
5. Speed buttons (silver) at the top of the keyboard. These let you quickly launch your browser, search, email, put the computer to sleep, increase volume, decrease volume, and mute your speakers.

My Wish List?
Overall, I love this keyboard (I also have a 10 year old one by Fellowes on an older desktop). HOWEVER, I would love it if Fellowes would offer a "Cadillac" version. I would pay more for:
1. Slightly softer keys (these require a firm press).
2. A truly QUIET keyboard. I am among the few, I'm sure, who are somewhat irritated by the sound of keys clacking. This board's not bad, but it's not what I'd define as quiet. I would truly rank this as a PERFECT keyboard if the keys were a bit softer and quieter.

As far as I know, this is one of the best keyboards on the market for split keyboard fans. Other brands are more expensive, but many of them have quirks I couldn't live with (like dropped keystrokes). I've never had an "oops" with this one. Any typing mistakes I make with the board are MINE and not the keyboard's. A+; Highly recommended for its quality and exceptional value.

Have a question about this keyboard? Leave a comment & I'll be happy to help you, if I can.
on March 8, 2017
I admit, I was a little nervous getting this keyboard. I had just sent back one from another company that look very similar to this one, if not the same, and a split keyboard. I have been having a horrible time finding a keyboard that is ergonomic enough to not cause pain in my wrist and fingers but also not have an unusual key layout (like the split keyboard had).
So far, this has been working out pretty well. The Perrix that was similar to this, and was returned, had at least 1/3 of its keys sticking, but I liked the setup.
I have been happy the Fellows keys are not nearly so sticky. I do have to tap a bit harder than my Logitech, but I am happy to not have the wrist pain.
I do wish there was wrist padding. I have adapted my own since I don't really see any that looks accommodating online, and it is working okay for now.
So, at this point, while still not perfect, I am happy with it and hope it has a long life.
on September 19, 2015
This keyboard would have rated much higher; however, after about a week of use, several of the keys appeared to become "stuck" on (for example the left Alt key) or to have remapped themselves to other keys. I tried plugging the keyboard into a couple of different machines and the same thing happened on each one. It became completely unusable so it's going back and I will be looking for a different model.
Until this happened, I did like the feel of the keyboard. The keys had a satisfying feel when pressed and it operated quite smoothly and quietly. My main complaint related to the design of the keyboard itself was the placement of the arrow keys. They are laid out in a cross (or d-pad) pattern, which seems to be unique to this keyboard and made it difficult to operate. It also moved the up arrow key too close the Home/End etc. key block so I would unintentionally be hitting those as well. I probably would have stuck with the keyboard in spite of this and would have learned to work with it, but the aforementioned technical issues have turned me off to this brand.
on May 23, 2017
I've been using this keyboard for 16 hours over 2 days now.
I am a touch typist, and do about 75wpm when I get rolling.

The layout of this keyboard is IDENTICAL to the old Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite
with two fairly minor exceptions:
1. They added a curved "extension" above the Function keys, and moved the 3 'Lock'
indicator lights (Num, Caps, Scroll) to that extension (old MS NKE those lights were
in a vertical row between the left and rite sets of keys). They also added a bunch of
'network' buttons to that extension. I haven't used those yet. Maybe never will...
2. They split the space bar into 2 pieces. Probably a wise idea, as that super long and
curved space bar was a problem child (although my old MS NKE space bar always worked).

Some people complain about the cursor key arrangement, but it's exactly the same as the old MS NKE.
Other than the aforementioned 'extension', the size is identical too.
The keys are dark grey, but the keyboard is sort of an army green, tinting towards grey
(maybe it's the florescent lighting in here). It looks OK to me I guess. No complaints on the color.

Key presses are a TICH deeper than the old MS NKE. I don't know if I can quantify it accurately.
It isn't slowing me down much, if at all, but there is no doubt that it IS just a bit deeper keypress.
If I HAD to estimate it, I guess I'd say it is 20-25% deeper keypress than the old MS NKE.

Bottom Line for me: Wonderful replacement for my MS NKE that was starting to miss a little too often
on the "I" and 'R' keys after 15 years of faithful service. I expect I'll soon get used to the deeper keypress
and not notice that anymore. It's already a minor issue as I said: doesn't slow me down so far as I can tell.
Plus this new one has a USB plug, so I don't need to use my adaptor anymore!
on June 23, 2017
I was looking for a replacement for the discontinued MS Natural Elite keyboard. This Fellowes one seemed to fit the bill. It's not terrible by any means, but it came with 2 deal-breakers for me:

1) The 4 keys right-alt, right-win, menu, and right-ctrl all stick up too far. I can't type zeroes and minus / plus characters without my palm pressing down at least 1 of these 4 keys. Microsoft realized this and tapered the keys on their keyboard. Fellowes did not have the same foresight (or any actual testing by humans) to figure this out.

2) I couldn't get it to work through my docking station. Not sure why it wouldn't work, but didn't feel like troubleshooting it that much. Keyboard worked fine directly connected to laptop, but in USB2.x and USB3.0 ports on my docking station, it wouldn't operate. It made the connection sound like it was going to work, but then nothing.

Other quibbles:

The color of the base is like a dark camo green, not gray. I am going for a gray/silver/black theme, so the green was throwing that off. Not important but 1 more knock against it.

I didn't use it long enough to break it in, but initially the keys feel pretty mooshy/squishy, not tight and quick. The membrane would probably break in and give less resistance and more of a "click" instead of a "squish", but I didn't use it long enough to get to that point.

PROS:

I like the extra multimedia keys, even though they added a big bulge of plastic to house the buttons. Seems like they could have fit some buttons elsewhere. And really, most people just want volume control and don't care about "email" and "www" shortcuts.

I guess I'll have to find some backstock MS Natural Elite keyboards, or give up on ergo keyboards and get a mechanical non-ergo....bummer.
on December 28, 2016
As a medical transcriptionist, I tend to wear out keyboards pretty fast, but this one has worn out the fastest. Bought in July and as of April, the keys seem to have become clunky and the SHIFT key constantly sticks, I was going to purchase another anyway, since I could not, no matter how hard I tried, get used to the changes in placement of the up/down arrows, etc; of the newer Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard as compared to the old Microsoft Natural Elite (which outlasted any other for heavy duty typists) however, it appears the pirce on this piece of junk has gone up significantly since the last one I bought. For the price, I'll be going back to the Perixx. While the Perixx does not last as long as the Microsoft Elite before the keys become awkward and clunky feeling, the two that I have bought in the past did last a whole long longer than this piece of garbage and I notice the Perrix has gone down in price.
on October 4, 2016
I've been on a search for a quiet ergo keyboard for quite a while now since owning the Adesso ergo keyboard, which was just too loud. Every now and then I'd search and couldn’t find anything in my price range that touted itself as quiet. In anticipation of possibly needing to use a library for work in the near future, I recently took up the search again, saw the Fellowes ergo with Microban, saw a review that considered it quiet—albeit not silent—and the price was right and I ordered it and am so glad I did. The keys are just exactly what I was hoping for in terms of responsiveness and noise level. No, not silent, but not nearly as noisy as the Adesso. A nice muffled tippity tap and nowhere near as pricey. The Microban wasn't a necessity since I'm pretty much the sole user of my kb, but kind of a nice bonus. All that said, I've only been using my new Fellowes keyboard for less than a week, and sometimes keys start getting louder, so will update my review if that is the case. Fingers crossed (but not while typing like the wind on production pay!) that that is the case. I would give this keyboard a solid A- in performance but will still give it 5 stars since I can't give it 4-1/2. I can't recall every being disappointed by Fellowes products. I find them a very reliable company providing quality products that don't break the bank for my office equipment needs. Happy typing!
on March 31, 2016
I used a Perixx keyboard for about a year but was disappointed in the behavior of the left shift key. A few times a day it would fail to capitalize a letter. (To make sure it wasn't just my failure to push that key I switched back to an old Microsoft Natural keyboard. That keyboard did not have the problem.) I bought the Fellowes hoping it would fix the left shift problem. But the Fellowes turned out to be a carbon copy of the Perixx keyboard. Everything is identical -- exactly the same key placement, exactly the same extra buttons and indicator lights, and exactly the same problem with the left shift key. I assume the two brands are manufactured by the same factory and with exactly the same specifications.

Other than the left shift key it works fine. I use it every day. I would still like to find a keyboard that is essentially a clone of the discontinued Microsoft Natural keyboard. The Perixx and Fellowes keyboards are the closest I have found so far.