Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Size: Medium, 12-Pack|Change
Price:$7.81+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 1,997 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,117 reviews
on December 3, 2015
TopFin frame is on the left, Tetra on the right. The difference is pretty clear.

The filters fit fine and I was happy to see that some carbon packs were included. Can't beat it for the price. They do feel a little thin but we'll see how they hold up over time.
on December 28, 2011
When ordering these I was afraid it would be a complete hassle to assemble them. Turns out it takes less than two minutes and is SUPER easy. All you do is stick the frame into the bag, pour the carbon in, clip the frame closed and pop it into your filter. Note that it comes with only one plastic frame, so when replacing you need to take it apart and save the frame. Not a big deal; after assembling this one, I took apart the pre-assembled one I was replacing and found that nothing additional goes into the assembly of the ones that are sold assembled. I was able to save the frame from that one, so I'd have an extra just in case. The same exact frame and clip are used. In light of this, the price of these is awesome. You get a year's supply (provided you need them for just one filter) for the price you'd get 2 or 3 assembled ones. Such a HUGE discount for SO LITTLE additional effort. I noticed some people complaining about differences in sizing. There is no difference, unless you're used to the different name for the sizes from a while ago. Medium = Junior apparently, and it's written on the box. But I don't see that name for the sizing of this brand at the pet store anymore. If you're currently buying the assembled medium ones, these are the ones you need to buy.
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2016
These are really good filters for a few reasons: I like their price point for the quantity of refills and it represents a good value. I also like the amount of charcoal that comes in each refill pack because they appear to do a good job filtering through the water in my 5 gallon betta tank with a medium water pump I keep on the lowest setting. The filter material itself is good quality material too that doesn't break open. Lastly, these are easy to use with the attachments included and they fit securely and snuggly in the pump.

These are now my "go-to" filters after evaluating their performance and consistency, so have become standard filters I will continue to use from now on!
review image review image
on April 18, 2015
They fit my filter and work fine, but it didn't come with the green clip that closes the cartridge at the top. Luckily the one I had from my previous cartridge works.
on July 23, 2016
I never take the time to review items, but on this time I will because this filter save me lots of money from buying singles filter cartridge from the petstore's. I purchase the 8 pack size Large and fits great on my TopFin 40 Gallon Filter. (But please note you have to save your original Frame from your old filter or else the frame the comes in the box won't fit if your planing in using it for a aquarium like minds) Hope this review help.
on March 16, 2017
These filters not only seem to work really well, but buying them in this format is a LOT cheaper than buying the normal filters that are already completely assembled. In this package, you get basically 12 little kits to put the filter together yourself. It includes 12 mesh filter bags & 12 packets of charcoal. You reuse the plastic clip & filter frame that comes with your filter, which I like because you're not wasting a whole plastic frame every time you change filters. I also love how much cheaper these are, & how easy it is to put the filter kit together. Throw out the old charcoal & mesh, slip the new mesh over the frame, pour in new charcoal, put the clip back at the top, rinse the filter, & you're completely done.
on April 25, 2017
I price checked these bags at our local big box pet store and the store by me had the EXACT SAME ones (large, item #26160) for DOUBLE the price. I couldn't believe it! This is where the Amazon app came in handy-- I just scanned the bar code and compared.. it made no sense why one was ten and the other was twenty. Well, I purchased it right then on the app and 2 days later the filters were at my doorstep. This isn't the first time I used this product, so a 12 pack will last about a year (changing the filter once a month). I just changed it today and the water is crystal clear-- no problems. I will always buy these here on Amazon for the price savings.
on May 9, 2017
I have been buying these bags for years. Even though the premade bags are faster to just pull and replace, these are more convenient in my mind. As someone who has a number of aquatic pets and fish in different tanks it is nice to be able to cater the filter to the tank. It comes with the filter bag, bag frame, and charcoal media all separate. I'm my aquatic reptile tank I find that the charcoal filter media they provide is not quite enough so I use media from my bulk supply. For my smaller fish tank I find that it is just enough. It is also nice being to fill them with whatever your tank my require for filter media. I will keep using these and recommend them to anyone. Even if you are just starting out and only need to have the filter for one reason and it never changes this is still great. Why not save some money to put towards more fish or supplies.
on February 11, 2016
Great product at a good price. I love these. I have a thru the wall aquarium I put in and I have 2 of these filters. That's my kitchen on the other side in the photo. Did the whole aquarium for less than a grand and it is a showpiece.
on February 8, 2017
Such a money saver! I'll be buying these every time now. My turtles have a filter that takes 2 media inserts and it can get expensive changing them out, even with rinsing between changes. I kept the frames since they're slightly tapered on my until and used these sleeves and charcoal packets to remake the media inserts. It took maybe 2 minutes and allowed me to keep the biological filtration intact by using the frames that have bacteria cultured on them.
The kit is very easy and self explanatory, but has instructions just in case. It's about a third of the price compared to what I was using before.
I'm very happy with it and my turtles are greatly enjoying crystal clear water