Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outward Hound Kyjen 31010 Hide A Bee Dog Toys Interactive Plush Squeak 4-Piece Toy, Large, Yellow
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on January 7, 2009
The bee hive is the all time favorite in our house....great for playing hide the treat and for playing catch the bees. The bees are Just the right size for carrying around in the mouth and the bee hive and bees come clean in the washing machine.
on November 9, 2006
My pug loves this toy better than all the rest of this kind. He jumps to pull the beas out of the hive. He squeaks the beas. Perhaps it is the contrast of the black band and the shape of the bea head. He went crazy for this toy and got exercise with it. It is better to play with you dog and hold the hive and have them pull the beas out by their heads. He likes the wing detail for chewing on. This toy gives exercise. I am so glad I tried it. He plays with the hegehog on his own. Those are the 2 best toys. The squirels from the hide a squirel are fun, but the game holder is not something he was really excited about. These interactive toys are great. I have never seen such excitement and tail wagging. He hardly ever wags his tail and he did with this toy and the jumping is great exercise. This one is the best. It is well worth $10 for a dog who loves to play. I get him to stop destroying the house as much with these toys.
on September 7, 2010
My dogs (20 and 40 lbs) loved this toy right when it first came out of the box. However, by the end of the night, the bees were coming apart at the seams. This happened even though I did not allow them to tug at them or sit and try to de-stuff them. By the end of the week, the hive was also coming apart in multiple places. Again, I even took this toy away when I wasn't around to watch them. Of course, all toys, plush or rubber, eventually get destroyed. Sadly, this one didn't last more than a few days.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2010
I bought the large size for my 15 and 10 pound Maltese/Shih Tzu's. I was a little worried it may be too big for them but they seem to like the big fuzzy toys w/ squeakers the best so after reading all the good reviews I decided to give it a shot.

(Without using a ruler I think the hive is about 5" by 4" by 4" and the bees are about 2" thick around and 3" long.)

Anyway, they LOVE the bees (and they look so cute -and hilarious- in their mouths)!! Overall, I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars only because it's pretty hard to get the bees out of the hive (even for me) but I think a bigger/stronger (maybe more size appropriate) dog probably could. Mine will work at it some if the bee is already halfway out, but forget about it if it's all the way in there. Anyway, the squeakers are pretty loud (which my dogs love) and overall it's definitely worth the money for me. If you have a pet that just loves soft toys w/ squeakers you could probably just get the replacement bees and they'd be in heaven! I'd give the bees 5 stars for sure.
on March 12, 2014
My french bulldog, Oliver loves this! He gets very excited watching me stuff the bees in and then he digs them out. Keeps him very entertained. He's had the toy since X-mas, and there are no rips or tears, although one of the squeakers stopped working.
review image
on October 28, 2009
We've purchased hide-a-squirrel and hide-a-bee. Both products have provided hours of fun for our 11-mo-old Lab. He's a chewer, and the bees and hive have held up very well (going on two months now) despite regular play. I think the Hide-a-Bee hive is a little more durable than the "tree" from Hide-a-Squirrel, but both products are definitely keepers!
on December 24, 2008
The HIDE-A-BEE is our 9 month old Boxer/German shepherd puppy's absolute favorite toy! She took to it right away. Surprisingly, even though it is a plush toy she has not managed to destroy it yet. Normally she can destroy a plush toy in a matter of minutes. We play a supervised game with her where we take the bees and hide them behind our backs after she manages to get them out of the hive and plays with them for a few minutes. Then we put them back in and start the game again. The bees are surprisingly durable. Although one squeaker now does not work after hours and weeks of play, she still loves the toy and that particular bee. She loves to carry the entire hive, with bees or not, in her mouth all over the room. She loves to get that last bee out of the hive. This is a great product for fearful or special needs puppies. The mental stimulation brings out a new personality in the puppy we recently adopted. As an added plus, the bees look less like our cat than some of the other Hide-A-Toys so we have no fear of encouraging aggressive behavior towards our cat.

Most puppies would probably enjoy this toy but if you have adopted a fearful, anxious puppy like we do, do him/her and yourselves a favor --- try the HIDE-A-BEE. After all they might have been through before they got to your home, they deserve a treat like this toy!
on September 28, 2012
When I pick up the hive and start to load the bees inside, my puppy starts to go berserk. He loves all of his Kyjen toys (check out the squeaky snake, too), but this one is his favorite...and there's a chance I might enjoy watching him play with this toy as much as he enjoys playing with it.
on June 16, 2013
I have a dog that will surgically remove squeakers and stuffing, so this toy is great - it's lasted longer than expected and I can stuff other toys that are more durable inside for her to "pull out" which satisfies her need to tear other toys apart.
on March 5, 2011
I bought this toy and the "hide-a-squirrel". Though my dogs like the squeakers on the bees, they don't "dig" into it like they do the squirrel. Not sure if it is because there isn't a hole in the top like the squirrels....
If you are looking at this toy, look at the squirrels first. All 3 of my dogs go NUTS over them, the bees are left for whomever didn't get the squirrels fast enough! (This is still a good toy....I would just recommend it 2nd to the squirrels)