Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 24, 2008
Our 9 month old boxer mix puppy loves this toy. The product is more durable than many plush toys we have given her, especially the box. Although she has managed to split open a few of the balls, the box has endured lots of use with no signs of wear. We stuff treats and other toys in the plush box also to create more variety and fun. Our favorite game with her is to take the balls once she gets them out. It adds to the life of the toy but also keeps her excited. Once she removes them all, we stuff them back in the box and start all over. She loves this game. The toy maintains a high degree of interest even after playing with it for several rounds or several days in a row. The puppy we recently adopted is a special needs dog and is extremely fearful of everything due to a severe lack of socialization. The mental stimulation of this toy has been a real plus in allaying some of her free floating anxiety. Our puppy loves this toy and we love this toy for helping her come out of her shell more. I would recommend this toy very highly for any puppy but especially for anxious puppies.
on March 4, 2016
The puppy really likes getting the balls out - the intention of this toy I believe. The OCD Border Collie kind of ignored that concept (I bought this initially for her). They both like to play with the squeaky balls though - playing "tug-of-war" and "catch-me-if-you-can" with each other (with the ball in one's mouth), so I think I got my money's worth out of it.

The yellow ball has been destroyed - totally disaster in the living room (the BC was to blame, not the puppy). One of the balls is missing, but the two blue balls remain and are played with on a daily basis.
on March 6, 2015
My Boykin spaniel LOVES this toy! He figured it out quickly and really enjoys squeaking, carrying, and catching the balls. He likes to hide his favorite toys and within the first few hours of receiving the box, he started hiding the balls all over the house. The box itself is durable and stands up to vigorous shaking. We hide some of his other toys in the box as well. The balls are soft and could be torn open with some work. Our dog is not a destroyer though-he usually just mouths the toys, so if your dog rips stuff to shreds, you may want to keep a close eye when playing with this one.
on February 22, 2015
My dog LOVES this toy!!!!! This is her current favorite toy. I bought some extra balls and I can stuff 7 balls into the box. Then I give it to her and tell her, "Get the balls out." And she does - one after the other until she gets all 7 out. Then I give her a small treat and I stuff the balls back in and let her do it again. She gets so excited about this toy, that I need to play fetch with her for a few minutes in the back yard before I get this out so that she will be calm enough to concentrate and do this. I only use the toy with her while I'm supervising her, because she will tear the balls open if she is left with alone with them for too long. The balls squeak, so if she gets distracted while she's working on pulling the balls out, I just step on the toy and the balls inside squeak and I tell her again, "Get the balls out." And she goes for it with gusto. She is so fun to watch with this and she absolutely LOVES it!!!! It challenges her mind in a fun way. We play with this almost every day.
on July 3, 2015
My one Shih-Tzu can actually get all 4 balls out, but I don't think that would be typical since they have a shorter nose. Not good for shorter nose dogs, unless your Shih-Tzu is really into digging things out! Not for a pug. All the balls squeek! Watch your dog with this, I let him play with it and throw the balls and put them back in the square and after awhile take the game and put it up. I don't leave it out, this way he will continue to be interested. Also, some dogs tear toys up easy, so another good reason to watch. Puppies up until a year will tear up most any toy and most any breed, just take toys away until they "grow up" and can have them back, or throw away if they have started to tear them up! Not safe to have torn toys. I've had to toss a bag of toys my Shih-Tzu was starting to tear up. That's a small dog even!
on November 27, 2015
This is an excellent puzzle toy for stimulating your dog's brain. We have four Australian Shepherds - one standard, one mini and two toys. The mini has never been very interested in toys but the other three loved these Kyjen puzzle toys. I was worried this one wouldn't be as much fun as the hide-a-squirrel Outward Hound Kyjen 31011 Hide-A-Squirrel Squeak Toy Dog Toys 4-Piece, Large, Brown but the dogs, especially one of the toy Aussies, loves it. I purchased this three years ago and it is still going strong. The toy Aussie takes has the balls all over the house. I don't think it would hold up to our standard Aussie but he was a puppy when we got it and now his mouth is too big to really play with this one.
on February 4, 2016
My dogs (lab mixes) shredded these within minutes of owning them. A good toy but not for tough chewers.
This is a neat idea for a dog toy though because you can "nest" the balls inside the cube and then the dogs enjoy pulling them out. The real issue for my dogs were the squeaker balls. They destroyed those within a short time. But if you control their play and only let them use the toy as it's made (e.g., to get the balls out of the cube) then I think it could last for a lot longer. I noticed that my dogs did find the game fun and would watch me intently as I put the squeaker balls in the cube. I just think that the balls should be more durable they way the cube is.
on October 6, 2012
I was very excited to give my very small (4.9 lb) half-Maltese-half-Yorkie this toy, because I'm always looking for ways to keep his tiny high-energy self busy and entertained.

First the pro -- it's a great idea! He loved trying to work out how to get toys out of the box. This could have been one of the best purchases I've ever bought him.

Next the cons -- Our tiny little guy is not a big toy destroyer. He is about to be a year old, and in the 9 months we have had him, only one of his toys has "bitten the dust" -- it was his favorite, and it did dutiful service for about 8 months of constant chewing and games of tug and was buried with honors -- and quickly replaced! (For those looking for a great toy, it's the "Petstages Just For Fun No Stuffing Plush LiL Squeak".)

But he had managed to rip open one of those balls the very first time I introduced them to him -- not a good start! All the balls ended up coming un-stitched, and the inner stuffing was not stuff you want your dog to swallow -- indeed, I got to clean up the vomit when he did so.

I ended up taking some of his other toys and putting them in the box. That was great, because they were different textures, and even more fun for him to get out than the balls themselves!

But then the box itself. That item is simply not made to be chewed in the slightest. And I don't care that a human might be aware that the toys are IN the box -- when you give your dog a toy, he is going to want to chew all of it, and thus any of it should be safe to chew and strong enough to stand up to said chewing. This he pretty well shredded, and he hasn't actually shredded any other toys with his tiny little teeth before!

I'd love to see this great concept become a really high-quality, safe toy for dogs. But it's not there, yet!
on July 21, 2014
I got it on time and it's exactly as described. It's keeping my 5 month cocker spaniel busy. He enjoys puzzles so this cube is a good toy for him.
My only con is that he was able to destroy one of the yellow sides within minutes.
But overall I'm very satistied and would recommend it to other dog-parents.
review image
on March 9, 2016
My dog loves. loves this toy so much. He is a 64 lb. black lab. Powerful Chewer and most toys are gone in 5 min. Not this one. He actually plays with it for at least 20 min. which is a stretch for him. This is very durable and well made. We want another one. Amazon PLEASE bring this back. But NOT from a current seller asking for $39.00. I payed like $14.99 for it at Christmas time.