Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 119 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on June 12, 2016
The only cat food that we buy for our cat now. Used to be Eukenuba food fans, but since they stopped making that, we have been using Hill's science diet. The price per bag is a lot, by my standards, but we found out that we might be saving by buying Hills anyway. We ran out one evening, so until i ordered or made a trip to Pet smart, we bought some Meow Mix. The cat acted like she was starving all day. She just kept begging for food. I went through so much Meow mix and whining cat, that the Hills Science diet is now worth the money. The whining, starving cat convinced me of that.
on March 23, 2017
Our cat's staple! Science diet has been our choice for decades!
on March 1, 2017
Good price.
VINE VOICEon July 1, 2013
Our cat is a strictly indoor cat with a reasonable amount of physical activity but not nearly as much activity as an outdoor cat. So she needs a lighter diet. This food is great for her and was recommended by a vet. She is about 6 years old and has eaten this food for about four years. She is very healthy and I attribute that in large part to her diet, this food. I have always purchased the food from a vet and decided to try Amazon for one purchase. I was a bit reluctant to try Amazon for pet food as I was not sure just how much pet food they sold and it might not be as fresh. I was pleasantly surprised that from Amazon it was even fresher than from the vet's store. Great cat food and we will now purchase all of our pet food from Amazon. I highly recommend this for your cat.
on September 7, 2016
Some time ago, I used SD Light for many years and I-- and my cats-- liked it very much. It was good at keeping my piggy cats' weight under control. Then they made some changes and with the four cats I have now, they began turning up their noses at it. I've tried many brands since then, but haven't found anything they all like. On a recent trip to the vet, my Siamese mix Odin weighed in at 17 pounds. So much for slim, svelte Siamese! I decided to go back to SD light. At first they only looked at the plate and finally began to pick at it only when they realized this was all they were going to get. It promptly came back up. I never saw who did it, but it looked like more than one cat. I don't know if it was the food, this particular bag (it was not near its expiration date) or my cats, but I won't be buying Science Diet Light again.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 13, 2016
I find it difficult to decide how many stars to give this. I've used Science Diet for my cats ever since I first adopted them as kittens, and I've tried a few different types of their food over the years to see what works best for them, especially since they're a little on the heavier side. This is the only one so far that they mostly refuse to eat, or will grudgingly do so when nothing else is left - one of my cats will actually do her best to eat around it when I mix it with their old food! It's been a few weeks now and they're not getting any better, so I'm going to go back to what they were using before (Healthy Weight, which is also a "diet" formula, yet they have no qualms with eating it - though it didn't seem to help them lose weight). The food didn't smell funny or appear to have something wrong with it, as some of the other negative reviews here have stated, so I want to say it's just my cats with the issue this time around. Still, if it's not something they want to eat, then I find it hard to rate it highly.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 18, 2014
I don't know how much I am supposed to tell based on one bag of this, but I didn't notice a weight difference in my cat. She seemed hungrier which made her angrier. I have since found a less expensive brand available at retail stores that I now use.
on November 5, 2011
arrived really fast very happy with it. and molly really likes it. and yuna wants to try it to. so very happy and it also was seal up well thank you seller.
on January 29, 2017
I inherited a fat cat. I was worried about it so after speaking to my vet he suggested this food and a portion size. Now kitty is much thinner and much more active. One thing to note that my said would happen is kitty may get dandruff he suggested an omega supplement to fix it. I just brush kitty.
on January 19, 2017
I have a fat older cat that I adopted from animal control. She loves this food. I initially had her on Sensitive Stomach food, than grain free and now light. She hasn't lost any weight yet but its only been a week,

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question