Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 137 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on May 24, 2017
I have a demon spawn for an animal: extra toes, wider than she is tall, and believes that using her teeth is a show of affection. Over the past few years, she's gotten to be the size of a pot-bellied pig. This food has really helped getting the demon to start slimming down a little; now, her ferocity is matched by her acrobatics, and she seems to like to show off her new-found athleticism by playing, even.
VINE VOICEon July 1, 2013
Our cat is a strictly indoor cat with a reasonable amount of physical activity but not nearly as much activity as an outdoor cat. So she needs a lighter diet. This food is great for her and was recommended by a vet. She is about 6 years old and has eaten this food for about four years. She is very healthy and I attribute that in large part to her diet, this food. I have always purchased the food from a vet and decided to try Amazon for one purchase. I was a bit reluctant to try Amazon for pet food as I was not sure just how much pet food they sold and it might not be as fresh. I was pleasantly surprised that from Amazon it was even fresher than from the vet's store. Great cat food and we will now purchase all of our pet food from Amazon. I highly recommend this for your cat.
on June 12, 2016
The only cat food that we buy for our cat now. Used to be Eukenuba food fans, but since they stopped making that, we have been using Hill's science diet. The price per bag is a lot, by my standards, but we found out that we might be saving by buying Hills anyway. We ran out one evening, so until i ordered or made a trip to Pet smart, we bought some Meow Mix. The cat acted like she was starving all day. She just kept begging for food. I went through so much Meow mix and whining cat, that the Hills Science diet is now worth the money. The whining, starving cat convinced me of that.
on October 13, 2016
I find it difficult to decide how many stars to give this. I've used Science Diet for my cats ever since I first adopted them as kittens, and I've tried a few different types of their food over the years to see what works best for them, especially since they're a little on the heavier side. This is the only one so far that they mostly refuse to eat, or will grudgingly do so when nothing else is left - one of my cats will actually do her best to eat around it when I mix it with their old food! It's been a few weeks now and they're not getting any better, so I'm going to go back to what they were using before (Healthy Weight, which is also a "diet" formula, yet they have no qualms with eating it - though it didn't seem to help them lose weight). The food didn't smell funny or appear to have something wrong with it, as some of the other negative reviews here have stated, so I want to say it's just my cats with the issue this time around. Still, if it's not something they want to eat, then I find it hard to rate it highly.
on February 28, 2015
Long story short...

Our rescue cat came with multiple problems, we worked them all out except for the Colitis. A year and a half worth of food changes, Vet visits, and various other "remedies"; but there was just no fix for her Colitis.

She gained weight during that time which was good, but became a little on the chub side a couple months back..so we did the slow switch to this Hills Light food...pretty much instantly, at just 10% of her food being Hills Light, her Colitis condition improved...at 100% Hills Light, the Colitis disappeared...we were amazed and very pleased...two months later, no Colitis, she's thin, trim, happy and more affectionate than ever.

For us, this is truly a miracle product!
on May 14, 2017
my cat hates this food. He's a glutton, but didn't seem to mind the adult "healthy weight" science diet. When we switched him to this he went on a food strike. Eventually he got hungry enough to eat this, but he is clearly miserable. We're going to buy another bag of the healthy weight type and mix the two so it's not so awful for him.
on October 24, 2016
I bought this because one of my cats is getting a little heavy. I decided not to go for the weight loss formula because a friend told me it made her cats lose too much weight, so I figured this would be a good alternative. It's alright, but it took my cats a while to actually eat it. I started by mixing a little in with their old food, gradually adding some. The day I started (probably 10% new food and 90% old food) my cats did NOT want to eat it, and I don't have picky cats. They have always eaten anything I've put in their food bowls. I don't think a picky cat would eat this. It took about a week and they finally seemed to be eating more of it and now, about a month later, are getting excited for meal time again. I haven't noticed a lot of weight loss but it's only been about a month. I probably won't buy this again, I'll stick with the purina pro plan line.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2014
My 6 yr. old cat Gizmo had been fed Science Diet adult indoor for ages 1-6 for the past 3yrs. & really liked it.
I purchased the light version to trim him up a little,(he's a very long cat & 13.1lbs.). I followed the instructions on the bag as to how to introduce the new food to him, & it seemed to work. He has been on the light formula for a few weeks now & he does eat it, however, I don't think he enjoys it like the previous formula.
The kernels of the light version are very small & hard for him to crunch. The original kernels were much larger & softer. The smaller bits also make for more of a mess to clean up, as he bites down on them & pieces shoot out all over his feeding area. This was minimal with the previous formula. If Hill's would bring back the larger kernels to this formula, I would buy it. However, when this bag gets emptied, I will either go back to the original, or switch to another brand. One plus that I should mention, is that the price from Amazon was 50% less than the pet stores!
on December 8, 2016
My senior cat seems to have difficulty consuming these, more than half of the amount dispensed out from the feeder ends up on the floor and not caused by the feeder, it's some issue with her picking up the food and dropping it for some reason. She will eat treats that I hide around the house so she's capable of eating off the floor so not sure if it's the size of the kibble which are fairly small or she doesn't like the taste. I've been happy other Hill's products, I'll need to find one more to her preference.
on April 24, 2017
At a little trouble switching my Kitties to 'lite'. But, they love it. Deliver is good, price is right and it is a great lazy purchase.